Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Server Patch

BF3Blog has details on a new server patch now available for Battlefield 3 addressing some issues with DICE's military shooter sequel, offering fixes for AA missiles and the "MAV elevator" glitch among other things. Clients need not do anything, as this is a server-only update. Here are the change notes:

• Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
  • Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
  • Tweaked tank armor strength
  • MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
  • RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
  • A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
  • RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return instead
  • RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 23, 2012, 07:45 ASeven

Jackplug wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 05:58:
What really annoys me about Dice is their arrogance towards us mod and map makers. Fuck em in my eyes, there will be another game with all the things that BF3 should of had and will allow mod and map makers to build a better game. Dice on the other hand sticks 2 fingers at us and say fuck off after years of backing them.

I will never buy another game from Dice.

Ravaged
Natural Selection 2
Critical Point

Just from the top of my head. Ravaged is made by the BF2 and Desert Combat devs, NS2 already has weekly competitive scrims streamed live and the modtools are amongst the most open I've ever seen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 23, 2012, 05:58 Jackplug

What really annoys me about Dice is their arrogance towards us mod and map makers. Fuck em in my eyes, there will be another game with all the things that BF3 should of had and will allow mod and map makers to build a better game. Dice on the other hand sticks 2 fingers at us and say fuck off after years of backing them.

I will never buy another game from Dice.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 12:00 G-Snake

Enkur wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 11:42:
I am not sure why people are comlaining so much. They have been releasing a steady stream of patches.

You mean a steady stream of liquid shit that took 6 months to properly patch post-launch? They've released a handful of shitty small patches, and one useless large one, I hardly call that a steady stream of patches.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 11:44 ASeven

Enkur wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 11:42:
I would rather play this game than COD.

Always amuses me when people say this considering BF3 plays pretty much like a beefed up COD game. In fact BF3 is far more related to COD than any of the past BF games.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 11:42 ASeven

On the other hand Ravaged is shaping up to be the true sequel to BF2.  

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 11:42 Enkur

I am not sure why people are comlaining so much. They have been releasing a steady stream of patches. I think people complain when they dont patch games and then again when they have too many patches. I think this stuff takes time to sort out. In the mean time there arent too many good games to play. COD multiplayer is not the same style as BF3 and I am actually having a lot of fun playing this game. I know they nerfed a lot of weapons and vehicles but still I would rather play this game than COD.  

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 11:33 G-Snake

Jackplug wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 04:28:
Its just a hacked to hell game with no gameplay with failed mass destruction.

It's sad that 'destruction' was a huge selling point in this game and yet it's easily worse than destruction from Bad Company 2. There are pre-canned destruction sequences that kill people randomly...and then there are multiple parts of a building that are indestructible.

At least BF3 helped finalize DICE's death, doubt too many original Battlefield fans will ever buy a DICE product again.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 09:37 Marvin T. Martian

Didn't think anybody played this BF flop anymore.  

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 06:57 Dmitri_M

deqer wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 00:16:
I just wish gamers would see that, and ask themselves "wait a sec, why am i still supporting a company that doesn't give a fuck about me anymore, and is actually taking advantage of me!"
From the comments to this news item, I think that's exactly what they're going. At least the bitches in here.

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 04:28 Jackplug

I havent played BF3 for a while now, not arsed either. Its just a hacked to hell game with no gameplay with failed mass destruction.  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 03:35 DangerDog

Not too many viable options for Battlefield fans, maybe when Planetside 2 is released. I like Arma but it's in no way shape or form a Battlefield "killer".

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 00:16 deqer

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 00:00:
As much as I love this series Dice can't properly patch to save their lives. Did they ever get around to fixing that BF2 bug where teammates sometimes show up as a red enemy? I swear that was still around waaaay after the game launched.
Yup, but they already made their money, so why bother?

I just wish gamers would see that, and ask themselves "wait a sec, why am i still supporting a company that doesn't give a fuck about me anymore, and is actually taking advantage of me!"

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 22, 2012, 00:00 NegaDeath

As much as I love this series Dice can't properly patch to save their lives. Did they ever get around to fixing that BF2 bug where teammates sometimes show up as a red enemy? I swear that was still around waaaay after the game launched.  

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 23:11 G-Snake

You mean they claim to have fixed things that were claimed to have been fixed in that last large (1.6 GB) client patch? DICE can't even keep up with their own change logs since half of the things they claimed to have previously fixed are still issues in the game.

They should just worry about making the netcode as tight as possible instead of stupid unwanted expansion packs or stupid shit tweaks to guns that don't need them. Unfortunately this won't happen and the netcode will still be garbage by the time the Closet Combat DLC drops.

/not mad

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 22:15 space captain

is this the patch that makes DRM awesome?  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 21:49 RailWizard

Fly wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 18:56:
I didn't like how they nerfed the vehicle and air vehicle kill-cams either. Those were part of an element that made the game fun. You could kick ass and go down in a blaze of glory.

What?

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 18:56 Fly

Well at least they fixed the 1 hit TV Missile bullsh@t. Whoever thought that the TV Missile should do 1 hit kills, let alone be passed through the testing phase in that status, should pack their bags. It really affected the fun and kick ass value of the game.
I didn't like how they nerfed the vehicle and air vehicle kill-cams either. Those were part of an element that made the game fun. You could kick ass and go down in a blaze of glory. I averaged a lot of hours playing BF3 before the last patch. Now, I'm back to playing Bad Company 2 and the Vietnam expansion. Great stuff and a lot funner to play.

"This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere." -Vort

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Server Patch Apr 21, 2012, 17:17 TangledThorns

I stopped playing BF3 after the last client 1.6Gb side patch. Dice sure knows how to take the fun out of their games.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo