Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight II Cinematic

This trailer is the opening cinematic for Torchlight II, setting the story for Runic Game's upcoming action/RPG sequel. The 2D animation helps explain the events that bridge the game and its predecessor.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 15:55 Gridphoenix

Well, I agree. Actually i am running parallels desktop. Works great. Bought the x:albion Prelude as mac version, but it runs better under Parallels as windows version. So, I will play torchlight II anyway :-) having a native version would still be nice.

Michael

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 15:27 xXBatmanXx

Looks like an episode of Samurai Jack.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 12:59 Wowbagger_TIP

Pretty underwhelming, but can't really tell much about the game from this. New big bad to fight, other heroes couldn't cut it, that's where you come in. Pretty standard fare. I'm really only interested in info on the gameplay.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

12. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 12:19 deqer

Golwar wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 05:21:
Imho it is better to have no opening trailer at all than ... this.
^

Reminds me of why I liked games that actually did not have a story, because then you didn't really have to think about it--and if you did, you just came up with your own story that made sense and all was well. Easy. Comfortable.

11. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:52 Darks

Bucky wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 11:26:
Zoso wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 11:16:
I have to say that trailer was pretty bad. I would even go as far to say it might even chase a few buyers away.

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the cinematic stuff was outsourced to Klei Entertainment (the studio behind Shank, Eets and a few other games).

Maybe they will toss this anime out the fricking door andstart over. I thought I was watching a cut from Samuria Jack. Pretty bad!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:28 WaltC

I have to say that trailer was pretty bad. I would even go as far to say it might even chase a few buyers away.

Agreed--it looked like an ad for Romper Room's Dirty Diaper Capers...;)

These guys could have a mega-mega hit on their hands with Torchlight II. If this "opening cartoon" is any indication of the quality and depth of the the game, however, it looks like they will fail miserably in reaching that potential. If the game turns out to be the great game we all hope it will be, then this trailer could not possibly be less representative. Bad move, Runic, bad move.

If I didn't know better, I might say that Runic would be "embarrassed" at one-upping Blizzard (gosh knows, we wouldn't want people thinking Runic could do great things if Runic can't do them, would we?), and so Runic has decided to put out a game that will really cause Diabolical 3 to shine, shine, shine!

Excuse me while I enter my private restroom and throw up.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

9. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:26 Calwen

I like the part where the villain blows up the wooden watchtowers for no reasons whatsoever, just to appear menacing and evil. Maybe the plot revolves around his hatred of arboreal structures.  

8. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:26 Bucky

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the cinematic stuff was outsourced to Klei Entertainment (the studio behind Shank, Eets and a few other games).

7. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:16 WaltC

Gridphoenix wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 03:02:
Cant wait to see this one. However: Will there be a Mac version ? I am still hoping. Playing Torchlight 1 on my iMac from time to time.

Michael

I really don't understand all of this self torture...;) "Macs" have been x86 PCs for several years now, and will boot from Windows as handily as from OS X. Why not buy a copy of Win7, run Bootcamp, and save yourself all of the needless "hoping" and nail biting? Then you *wouldn't have to worry* about OS X-specific versions, or wait year(s) for them, etc. It's like deliberately choosing not to use 50% of the computing environment you bought. Sheeesh.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

6. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 11:16 Zoso

5. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 05:21 Golwar

Imho it is better to have no opening trailer at all than ... this.
It explains and bridges absolutely nothing, it is only cheap and boring. I'm sorry, but this pushed me even further away from being willed to buy part II too.

4. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 03:02 Gridphoenix

Cant wait to see this one. However: Will there be a Mac version ? I am still hoping. Playing Torchlight 1 on my iMac from time to time.

Michael

3. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 01:46 Jivaro

Creston wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 01:35:
Go Torchlight! Please be awesome, please be awesome, please be awesome.

Creston

seriously. be awesome.

2. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 21, 2012, 01:35 Creston

Go Torchlight! Please be awesome, please be awesome, please be awesome.

Creston

1. Re: Torchlight II Cinematic Apr 20, 2012, 22:24 deqer

Interesting villain...

I'm looking forward to this game, but this villain is not capturing my interest like the story/villain of diablo 2. Some robot guy with a jetpack and a scepter(with a jelly brain inside the head piece) that shoots electricity?

Seems like just some random cartoon robot boss that is of little significance or a joke.

I think we need some serious backstory/lore on this to make me believe that the planet is in trouble from this guy, or why I should care about this guy.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo