Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

• Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition on The PA Report. Thanks nin.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Previews Apr 21, 2012, 19:26 Dev

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 13:31:
Dev wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 08:56:
Remember, the whole point of doing these enhanced editions (of MDK and baldurs gate, and other stuff they picked up cheap from interplay) for them is NOT to actually sell a bunch of them, but to get market share for beamdog digital distribution platform. If they wanted to sell lots of copies and get a chunk of change, they'd put it on steam.

Have they actually said that it won't be on Steam when it comes out? I'm sure it will be on Beamdog but Atari's publishing it and they've traditionally put all their stuff out on Steam.

No, but thats what they have done with all previous overhaul games stuff, made it beamdog exclusive.

Plus, IF they really were going to put it on steam to get more sales, why wouldn't they put MDK 2 on steam as well for the extra sales? If they were going to abandon the long term strategy of market share, and go just for sales (the better move IMHO, so far beamdog offers just 1 exclusive game, I don't see any other features better than steam), they would put MDK 2 on steam. If they are going to stick to the market share strategy, then baldur's gate is a much better game for that strategy, since its far more popular game than MDK.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Previews Apr 21, 2012, 13:31 Parallax Abstraction

Dev wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 08:56:
Remember, the whole point of doing these enhanced editions (of MDK and baldurs gate, and other stuff they picked up cheap from interplay) for them is NOT to actually sell a bunch of them, but to get market share for beamdog digital distribution platform. If they wanted to sell lots of copies and get a chunk of change, they'd put it on steam.

Have they actually said that it won't be on Steam when it comes out? I'm sure it will be on Beamdog but Atari's publishing it and they've traditionally put all their stuff out on Steam. I don't see how putting this stuff out on iPad (which they continue to pimp as if it's the only release for this, they only mention PC in a muffled tone afterward) helps Beamdog get any exposure either.

I can see how these games could work with a touch interface but without hotkeys and such, play will definitely be slow and inefficient. My girlfriend has an iPad 2 and every touch game I've played (including some highly rated ones) have been laggy and imprecise.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

4. Re: Evening Previews Apr 21, 2012, 08:56 Dev

3. Re: Evening Previews Apr 21, 2012, 01:44 mag

Dev wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 00:47:
Probably because it sounds like they are just mostly redoing the menu interface to work in higher resolutions.

And to work on the ipad BECAUSE BUTTONS AND CLICKING ARE FOR UNHIP LOSERS! Angry

And so is the Wii! Stupid user interfaces are bad unless they're done by Apple! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

2. Re: Evening Previews Apr 21, 2012, 00:47 Dev

Probably because it sounds like they are just mostly redoing the menu interface to work in higher resolutions.  

1. Re: Evening Previews Apr 20, 2012, 23:18 Techie714 ©

Once again no screen shots.....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer