Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Following indications yesterday that more accounts were being granted access to the Diablo III beta test, the Diablo III Website announces the beta will indeed be opened this weekend to anyone with a Battle.net account for stress testing. The open portion of the beta will begin at 3:00 pm EDT today and will run through Monday at 1:00 pm EDT. The accompanying FAQ explains how this will operate, and notes that while Korean players cannot participate, they will be holding a separate invitation-only event in Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. The invitation only closed beta will continue as planned until May 1st. To get a head start, you can download the client now from Battle.net.

View
254 Replies. 13 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

54. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:24 Wowbagger_TIP

Ant wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 15:14:
LordLaggart wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 15:11:
Did you really expect to have everything in a timely manner? I bet even your mom is trying to log on. Try logging on 50 times in a row in an attempt to bring the whole Blizzard network down
DDoS.

Anyways, this happened before to Blizzard and others. Not new!

Yeah, I kinda thought they might be prepared this time, given all the experience they've had with this kind of thing in the past.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:23 bhcompy

Still at work.. I've heard the GUI is greatly consolized. Input?  

52. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:14 Ant

LordLaggart wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 15:11:
Did you really expect to have everything in a timely manner? I bet even your mom is trying to log on. Try logging on 50 times in a row in an attempt to bring the whole Blizzard network down
DDoS.

Anyways, this happened before to Blizzard and others. Not new!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

51. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:12 Rhialto

H + 12mins

Had the feeling they would not be ready at specified time, even if they had all the time to... I mean they planned it and called for it.

The "open to all" window is short! I have to get the kids in about a hour then no time to play before later tonight. Ok ok, no big deal.

I wonder if they will be ready fot May 15th at the specified time? Like FULLY ready with just the LAUNCH button to press on their side? Unfortunatly, I won't be available for this official world wide launch just like I was ready for this open beta but when I'll get back from work and took care of this kids, I'm pretty sure I will be able to enjoy pressing the PLAY button in the evening with everything working just fine.

50. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:11 LordLaggart

49. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:10 Ant

LOL. That's called stress testing. It failed badly!

Do you guys remember when GameSpot offered Diablo 2 stress test about a decade ago? That failed badly too.

I think WoW too. Maybe you all should play during night shift hours.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

48. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 15:06 Wowbagger_TIP

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:56:
Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:53:
Well, this is fucking ridiculous. Not only can I not even get it installed - like a lot of other people - but I can't even post in their tech support forums. Yeah, that's real smart. Keep people from accessing the forums when they need feedback. And this thing is supposed to launch in 3 weeks? LOL.

It installed fine for me, can't log in obviously and doubt anyone will be able to for hours. But yeah, good luck Blizzard. lol
Getting "Error 3005" when I try to login to the game. And apparently their website is fucked now too. Fun stuff.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

47. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:56 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:53:
Well, this is fucking ridiculous. Not only can I not even get it installed - like a lot of other people - but I can't even post in their tech support forums. Yeah, that's real smart. Keep people from accessing the forums when they need feedback. And this thing is supposed to launch in 3 weeks? LOL.

It installed fine for me, can't log in obviously and doubt anyone will be able to for hours. But yeah, good luck Blizzard. lol

Abd their forum just shit the bed. Good job preparing for a huge influx of users there blizzard. rofl

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2012, 15:05.

46. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:53 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

45. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:30 Krovven

eunichron wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:10:
Thanks for saying exactly what I said, in too many words. Chiggidity check yo'self before you wreck yo'self.

You said "Townperson babble is not [voiced]". So no I didn't say the same thing you did. I was correcting you on that the townspeople dialogue is actually voiced. And that they are not only voiced, but they say more than 1 generic thing, and what they say changes as you progress through the story.

44. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:22 Verno

loomy wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:13:
lol the installer and agent are embarrassing software. reported error messages dont reflect the cause, pages of people complaining about problems, and 1999 shotgun modem download speeds. terrible, terrible showing by blizzard shrinks confidence in their software development to a kernel

It's just getting hammered dude, its Diablo 3 after all. They are going to adjust server and bandwidth deployments based on how the stress test goes. Disabling P2P in the client helps too if your router can't handle a lot of connections.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

43. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:20 LordLaggart

I just deleted the Beta yesterday after being unable to log in  

42. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:16 nin

loomy wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:13:
lol the installer and agent are embarrassing software. reported error messages dont reflect the cause, pages of people complaining about problems, and 1999 shotgun modem download speeds. terrible, terrible showing by blizzard shrinks confidence in their software development to a kernel

I suspect it's because everyone is trying to download it at once.

I downloaded at 7 this morning at 3.5 meg a second. Took all of 20-30 minutes to get install.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

41. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:15 Darks

Ant wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 14:01:
Sorry man, I don't think they offer that option anymore since the client is an integrated patcher. At least I don't see it on any official Blizzard source
Oh well, thanks. I hope I can try D3 beta this weekend. Bad timing! Question: How big is the download and installation?

Its a few gigs in size, it wonít take you long at all as long as your connection is decent.

My thoughts about the beta are, I have to say that I have really enjoyed it over the past few months. The changes that have occurred in the past month or two have been good. I really like how they have changed some of the abilities for the characters now. The Monk is an absolute ass kicker. That will be the char I play.

I also really like the new Button they added for moving now. You can at least map one key to move your character with. My thoughts are if they went this far with adding a move button, why not add the full blown WASD while they are at it.

Anyway, itís a pretty good game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

40. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:13 loomy

39. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:10 eunichron

Krovven wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 13:39:
eunichron wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 13:24:
Tumbler wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 13:22:
listen & read all quest and flavour text

Everything isn't voiced? Can you go into more detail on what you have to read? I despise that fluff text that they throw up on simple quests as if we're here to read a novel.

So many MMO's do this and I don't get it. Keep it short and sweet. 3-4 lines to explain what is needed and voice the rest.

All quest text is voiced, including side quests. Townsperson babble is not, however.

Also wrong. Random NPCs have things to say (that IS voice acted), and what they say changes as you progress through the game. They just don't always have a skippable text window come up.

Quests and major characters have both voice and text. Some are from characters that have a list of topics to talk to them about. You won't see this unless you try talking to them beyond the Main Storyline stuff. This is the same as previous games. Sometimes they will have Blue Stars above their heads indicating they want to talk to you further about a sub plot.

There are lots of Journals and Notes hidden around that greatly increases the depth of the world. Their exact location is random to a certain area. They can sometimes be tricky to spot, but once you know the areas to check... These are also voiced/text and can be played back from your Journal.

But the speed racers wouldn't have a clue about most of this.

Thanks for saying exactly what I said, in too many words. Chiggidity check yo'self before you wreck yo'self.

38. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 14:01 Ant

Sorry man, I don't think they offer that option anymore since the client is an integrated patcher. At least I don't see it on any official Blizzard source
Oh well, thanks. I hope I can try D3 beta this weekend. Bad timing! Question: How big is the download and installation?

37. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 13:58 RollinThundr

Krovven wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 13:39:

Everything isn't voiced? Can you go into more detail on what you have to read? I despise that fluff text that they throw up on simple quests as if we're here to read a novel.

So many MMO's do this and I don't get it. Keep it short and sweet. 3-4 lines to explain what is needed and voice the rest.

All quest text is voiced, including side quests. Townsperson babble is not, however.

Also wrong. Random NPCs have things to say (that IS voice acted), and what they say changes as you progress through the game. They just don't always have a skippable text window come up.

Quests and major characters have both voice and text. Some are from characters that have a list of topics to talk to them about. You won't see this unless you try talking to them beyond the Main Storyline stuff. This is the same as previous games. Sometimes they will have Blue Stars above their heads indicating they want to talk to you further about a sub plot.

There are lots of Journals and Notes hidden around that greatly increases the depth of the world. Their exact location is random to a certain area. They can sometimes be tricky to spot, but once you know the areas to check... These are also voiced/text and can be played back from your Journal.

Might want to clean up all the brown around your lips from pressing them so firmly to blizzard's tail end there.

36. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 13:51 Verno

The map isn't that big in the beta, most people will find that stuff as a matter of course in regular play. This isn't super secret hidden stuff that requires an extra hour of dungeon running. The full game will undoubtedly be a different story but again, people say the beta is short because it is short. I did everything there was to do in the beta and had a good time but it was not lengthy even for non-speed racer grandpa players like me.

Full size installer so I can copy to take home to install this weekend. Or else I will have to do the long download and wait for hours at home

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

35. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 20, 2012, 13:39 Krovven

254 Replies. 13 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo