Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up

The Kickstarter Page for Shadowrun Returns follows up on the previous update about making a special level in the game exclusively for backers if they reach the $1.5 million level. As we noted at the time, not all the responses to the idea of exclusive content, and the new update says they've heard this, and changed the plan accordingly:

Your generosity of spirit and your support for people who aren’t (yet, we hope) involved in this Kickstarter really says something important about the Shadowrun Community and we’re proud to be a part of it. But we still want to say “thank you” to everyone supporting the project and putting their faith in us.

So here’s what we’re going to do: If we’re lucky enough to get to $1.5m, we’ll create that story and make it available only to backers but for an exclusive period of time. Then, we’ll open it up so that everyone can see how the dots between Jake and Harlequin are connected.

View
10. Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Apr 20, 2012, 17:12 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 23:03:
Ok so I played the SNES version, there was a Genesis version, and a Sega CD version also right? Of the SNES/Genesis version, which would you say is the best.

The Genesis version at the time was considered superior, mainly because it adhered to the PnP ruleset pretty dang well, right down to allocating combat dice pools, which was pretty sweet. If you understood the system you could game the hell out of the video game.

The down side is that it requires an insane amount of grinding to make it to the top tier of the game. The instruction manual left a lot to be desired too. I mean, it took years before I realized that I could actually upgrade my character via the karma menu.

If you don't feel like grinding, there's a code for the genesis game. At the title screen type in ABBACAB (that's the genesis code mapped to whatever keys you mapped to) and hit start. Go into your pocket secretary, and scroll down past the last entry, and there will be a blank entry. In there is a cheat menu for like 250k money, 20 karma, all contacts, etc etc... You only get one cheat, but you can save and reset and do it over again if you want to keep cheating.

I'll admit I usually give myself either the money or a karma boost (you're woefully weak compared to a starting SR character) at the beginning and go from there, as it feels more like a proper starting level PC and it reduces the grinding significantly.

I would also like to take this moment to state publicly that I was wrong about the community's outlook on the bonus mission. In a previous thread I expressed doubt that the community was "overwhelmingly against" the DLC being backer exclusive. I was wrong about that.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 19, 21:14 Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Cutter
  2. Apr 19, 21:42  Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up nin
  3. Apr 19, 22:16   Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up RollinThundr
  4. Apr 19, 22:24    Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up nin
  5. Apr 19, 22:52    Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up MattyC
  6. Apr 19, 23:03     Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up The Half Elf
  7. Apr 19, 23:34      Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Icewind
  8. Apr 20, 10:32      Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Wowbagger_TIP
  9. Apr 20, 12:05      Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Creston
>> 10. Apr 20, 17:12      Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Flatline
  11. Apr 21, 13:12      Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up MattyC

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo