Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend

ArenaNet announces April 27-29 will be the first of their beta testing weekend events for Guild Wars 2, their upcoming MMORPG sequel. Here's word on the event, which is open to those who have preordered the game:

NCsoft and ArenaNet, the developers of Guild Wars 2, are excited to announce the first public Beta Weekend Event for Guild Wars 2. From 27th-29th April, hundreds of thousands of fans who have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will get their first chance to explore the world of Tyria.

The only way players can guarantee access to Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Collector’s, Digital Deluxe, or Standard/Digital Editions. In addition to access to our Beta Weekend Events, players will receive three-day Headstart Access prior to launch and the exclusive Hero’s Band in-game item. Pre-Purchase is available at buy.guildwars2.com or from selected retailers.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 16:41 Ant

Aww, only for preorders. Now, I know why Blizzard did its public Diablo 3 beta.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 23:12 wtf_man

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 13:34:
Haha! If you didn't I will! Hopefully we can get a server list ahead of time so peeps from Blues can pick the same one.

Well... I actually plan on being on a server with Vault Network folks.

IGN just recently shut down the Vault Network, so a good chunk of us have migrated to Postcount.net

We have over 1400 members now.

Since characters can be in more than one guild... it would be cool if Blues and Postcount folks ended up on the same server. Lotsa firepower for WvW

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 21:47 nin

Have they improved the pvp mechanics over GW1. I bought GW1 played through leveled up and grew bored with the PvP vs WoW. I have not played Wow for a year and have been away from mmo's a year but miss pvp. I have watched a lot of the GW2 movies on pvp but I am still unsure. The world Pvp sounds dam promising.

I'm not much of a pvp-er (honestly, I suck), but if they can do huge scale battles similar to what wow did with wintergrasp, I'd definitely check it out.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 21:33 HorrorScope

Morgan19 wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 17:07:
Did anyone who signed up for a chance at doing a beta event (a few weeks ago) ever get in?

Yep.

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 18:03 Chromius

Have they improved the pvp mechanics over GW1. I bought GW1 played through leveled up and grew bored with the PvP vs WoW. I have not played Wow for a year and have been away from mmo's a year but miss pvp. I have watched a lot of the GW2 movies on pvp but I am still unsure. The world Pvp sounds dam promising.

But I have been let down by every mmo so far since Ultima Online, only Lineage 2 stood out and I bought and played most of them or did beta. DAOC,swg,AoC,Warhammer ect..ect.. I recently tried to jump back into mmo pvp and felt as though I wasted 50 dollars on swtor though if I were into pve and stories its worth it. And who knows they might fix pvp down the road.

I hate to waste money to try a beta but I am tempted, though pvp goes hand in hand with beer guzzling for me.

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 17:11 nin

Thanks for the link wusel, sound good.

Lions Arch was always my favorite city, looking forward to seeing it again.

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 17:07 Morgan19

Did anyone who signed up for a chance at doing a beta event (a few weeks ago) ever get in?  

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 16:54 Tim Collins

Already it sounds more fun then swtor  

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 16:27 wusel

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-beta-weekend-event-is-coming

We’re counting the days until the first public Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, which begins on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT-8) and ends on Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-8). Hundreds of thousands of players from around the world will get their first taste of Guild Wars 2—and rest assured, we’ll be playing alongside them!

There are a couple important things you need to know about this Beta Weekend Event:

The only way to absolutely guarantee your access to this or any future Beta Weekend Events is to pre-purchase any edition of Guild Wars 2.
Customers who have pre-purchased the game will receive an e-mail next week with instructions on how to download the client and participate in the Beta.
This is a public event, which means that you’re not bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So go ahead, feel free to take screenshots, shoot video, blog, tweet, write, or compose a rock opera to share your Guild Wars 2 experience with the world.

Let’s take a look at all the cool stuff you’ll be doing during the Beta Weekend Event.

Choices, Choices – You’ll create your own personalized charr, human, or norn character and pick from our eight powerful professions. Your choice of race is vital to your personal story, and it determines in which of the huge starting areas you begin as well. A noble human mesmer will have a radically different game experience than a charr engineer in the service of the Iron Legion. Fortunately, you can roll more than one character and sample each starting area for yourself!

Worlds Collide – If you want your PvP on an epic scale, look no further than World vs. World, where three teams comprising hundreds of players wage open war across four vast maps. You’ll lay siege to castles, raid supply camps, build devastating weaponry, ambush your foes, and leap into truly massive PvP battles—all for the glory of the server. We’re warning you: WvW is so addictive that you may spend the entire Beta Weekend Event there!

PvP For You and Me – After you’ve gotten your feet wet, put your newfound skills to the test in Guild Wars 2 PvP, where small teams battle for points on a variety of challenging, compact maps. We adjust the level of PvP combatants so that all players are on equal footing. If you’ve got a competitive streak or you like playing first-person shooters online, you owe it to yourself to try out Guild Wars 2 PvP!

I Love L.A. – For the first time ever, we’re opening the metropolis of Lion’s Arch to beta players. Wander the streets of this cosmopolitan trade hub, chat with traders and travelers from every corner of Tyria, hop through one of the many asura gates to points beyond, or discover the famed diving platform at Diverse Ledges. Lion’s Arch is a city like no other!

As you can see, there’s a ton of stuff to do in the upcoming Beta Weekend Event on April 27-29. It’s honestly way more content than one person can experience in 60 hours of playing—and we haven’t even included the asura and sylvari in this beta! Fortunately, this will not be the last Beta Weekend Event before launch—stay tuned for more news regarding the next event.

We’ll see you in-game!

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 13:34 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 09:54:
I'm sportin' a chubby!

... Did i say that out loud? Uhoh

Haha! If you didn't I will! Hopefully we can get a server list ahead of time so peeps from Blues can pick the same one.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 11:36 bmn

This is for those who have Pre-purchased, not those who have preordered, as you've stated here. At least it's clear in the quote though.  

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 11:08 Agent.X7

Motherf%$#er! My new laptop is barely going to make Diablo III's release, no way I will have it in time to play this at work. Guess I will have to call in sick...oh wait. Can't do that. :-(  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 10:29 vrok

AnointedSword wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 09:34:
Hey anyone play the beta yet? I hope it is not instanced like the first one.
The personal story stuff is mostly instanced, a bit like SWTOR, nothing as bad as GW1. The normal PvE stuff is exactly like public quests in Warhammer Online. Not sure about the particulars regarding dungeons.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:54 wtf_man

I'm sportin' a chubby!

... Did i say that out loud? Uhoh

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:34 AnointedSword

Hey anyone play the beta yet? I hope it is not instanced like the first one.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Event Next Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:28 nin

Man! Black Keys show and GW2, all in the same weekend! No time for sleep!

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo