Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment"

An interview on GamesIndustry International talks with Sledgehammer COO Michael Condrey about working on the Call of Duty franchise. He knocks a few softballs out of the park and offers reflections on working on such a huge franchise, his lack of concern that working on one series will pigeonhole them, and his belief that fans have an endless appetite for new CoD content, saying the game "sort of transcends entertainment in such a massive way."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 15:52 eunichron

I never understood how CoD became popular. The first CoD was a blatant ripoff of just about every modern WW2 movie (Saving Private Ryan, Enemy At The Gates), and the only two with decent multiplayer were Black Ops and World At War. I'd have no qualms if the series died.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 15:28 panbient

An executive at a gaming company completely out of touch with reality?

UN-POSSIBLE!

10. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 15:23 ASeven

I have found out that CoD doesn't transcend my boredom and indifference.  

9. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 13:27 Verno

That's kind of like saying Transformers transcends art.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

8. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 12:29 Jerykk

"Transcends entertainment?" What, did CoD find a cure for cancer or something? I'm pretty sure it still exists within the confines of entertainment.  

7. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 12:09 m0deth

Yeah I had some sort of comment reflecting how CoD 'transcended into disappointment....again' but Creston kicked it's ass. So yeah, massive self-delusion going on at Sledgehammer....oooh maybe one fell off the wall and hit him in the head, that would explain alot.  

6. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 11:56 CommunistHamster

Pavlovs dog, the herald of CoD.  

5. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 10:57 InBlack

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 10:55:
I guess by the same virtue, McDonald's "sort of transcends food in such a massive way," Justin Bieber "sort of transcends music in such a massive way," and Jersey Shore "sort of transcends television in such a massive way."

After all, these entities, like COD, are enormously popular, and that is apparently the only yardstick we're using?

In short: Michael Condrey is a giant fucking idiot.

Creston

Either that or he is a sarcastic genius trolling his ass of at the mindless masses....

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 10:55 Creston

I guess by the same virtue, McDonald's "sort of transcends food in such a massive way," Justin Bieber "sort of transcends music in such a massive way," and Jersey Shore "sort of transcends television in such a massive way."

After all, these entities, like COD, are enormously popular, and that is apparently the only yardstick we're using?

In short: Michael Condrey is a giant fucking idiot.

Creston

3. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 10:33 MajorD

Riker wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 09:56:
CoD lost its lustre on me long ago. I'm kind of shocked it's still so insanely popular. High production values, but I'm so damn bored of the subject matter.

I was thinking the same thing.

... and his belief that fans have an endless appetite for new CoD content... REALLY?! I lost my appetite going into Black Ops; my wife got me MW3 for Christmas last year (bless her heart), and it is still sitting on the shelf waiting to be played.

I guess it is a combination of people who like the SOS and newcomers/new gamers starting to play COD. WTF knows!? /shrug........

2. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD Apr 19, 2012, 10:22 Quboid

Call of Duty is the gaming equivalent of a Jason Statham movie: mindless action which can be fun if you switch your brain off.  

- Quboid

1. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 09:56 Riker

CoD lost its lustre on me long ago. I'm kind of shocked it's still so insanely popular. High production values, but I'm so damn bored of the subject matter.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo