Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website announces tomorrow will kick off a Weekend Pass Free Trial for the Star Wars MMORPG. As before, this trial is open only to those who have not participated in a previous free trial. Full details are on this page and in this FAQ. Thanks Joao.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 16:32 Chromius

Teddy wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 14:43:
Tim Collins wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 07:58:
I can tell u that there is absolutely no end game. Once u hit 50 there isn't much to do. I ended up pvping everyday till 1.2, at that point I got so much rage from playing the pointless game I quit.

Yup, none whatsoever. Just disregard the 8 hard mode dungeons and the 3 raids, each with 3 difficulties. Nothing there at all.

Hes talking about PVP not PVE. I too bought it after having some fun leveling through first trial, as I have been away from MMO a year and was missing Wow pvp. Leveled to 50 on The Fatman busiest server, PVP'ed half my leveling, got some new BM gear, but found that pre 1.2 was better pvp than 1.2 pvp and they did nothing to promote Ilum which is dead, so have fun playing 4 random maps over and over with no way to que for the ones you like. I personally like the Hutball map as a new concept but normally am not in the mood to play it.

There is an imbalance in server skill with Imp vs Republic, I like to go underdog but the ratio of Imp numbers skill/equipment vs Republic is pretty bad on top of character imbalance, counters are fine but Imps have it to easy.

Unsubbed/uninstalled till 1.3, thinking of going back to wow to level my future enhance shaman for ganking all leveling panda's in Mists.

Then again I end up not spending enough time with my simulations and strategy when I play those dang mmo's

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 16:27 Flatline

Prez wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 07:35:
the goofy way enemies stand around 8 feet away from you until you walk up and kiss them

That goes away later. Never fully, the aggro zones are way smaller than say WoW, but mobs eventually move and patrol around and will aggro you on their own. The standing around shit is for n00b low level characters.

18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 14:43 Teddy

Tim Collins wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 07:58:
I can tell u that there is absolutely no end game. Once u hit 50 there isn't much to do. I ended up pvping everyday till 1.2, at that point I got so much rage from playing the pointless game I quit.

Yup, none whatsoever. Just disregard the 8 hard mode dungeons and the 3 raids, each with 3 difficulties. Nothing there at all.

17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 11:05 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 20:20:
Hey, it's Wednesday and we haven't heard about a Mess Effect 3 weekend yet, WTF?

I'm sure Operation +10% XP is well underway again.

Creston

16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 09:08 wtf_man

Significant signs that Bioware was dead (as we knew them), was when Dragon Age 2 was released.

EA has killed yet another company... even if they are still technically "alive".

The next intrusive spyware online service that EA will come up with... will be called "BiowEAr".

15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 08:25 ASeven

Dev wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 01:12:
Oh yeah, I've read about that previously. Its crazy about throwing all those cartridges away. It wasn't a $100 million blunder like APB though And that we KNOW was $100 million failure, because they went bankrupt. EA isn't bankrupt... yet

This sure won't help them get a solid financial base for the future, that's for sure.

14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 07:58 Tim Collins

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 07:35 Prez

I actually broke down and tried the free trial one weekend, and I was surprised that I came away with an overall positive impression, despite my hatred of all things MMO. It's mostly solo-friendly, and has some pretty good mechanics, but there is no way in hell a monthly fee is justified. The biggest downsides are the graphics (what year is this again?), the goofy way enemies stand around 8 feet away from you until you walk up and kiss them, and the need to group with other people to complete the Flashpoint and Heroic missions. At any rate I'd play it more once it goes F2P.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 02:37 Bhruic

With all the other restrictions they put in place (max level 15 being the most prominent), it's silly to not allow someone to continue a trial. The idea is to give people a reason to want to play the game, and not allowing them enough time to check your game out isn't really a good one. Although there are plenty of "free week" trials out there, for those that are interested. I've got all mine available, if anyone wants to check it out.  

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 19, 2012, 01:12 Dev

ASeven wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 22:23:
Dev wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:28:
ASeven wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:02:
TOR is close to supplant ET as the biggest game industry blunder.
What's ET and was it $100 mil? Because APB MMO was $100 mil.

Some videogame history for perusal.
Oh yeah, I've read about that previously. Its crazy about throwing all those cartridges away. It wasn't a $100 million blunder like APB though And that we KNOW was $100 million failure, because they went bankrupt. EA isn't bankrupt... yet

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 23:55 Ant

Meh, weekend is too short and this weekend won't work for me (might have to work!).  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 23:38 OldTimber

second trial weekend but not for those previously who've tried it, yeah sure because they know not to bother with this turd. Best $80 i've wasted lately. but hey i got my founders title wooo. I love the level grind in games and I haven't even maxed one toon in this turd to 50 yet as it's that boring. I've actually fallen asleep while playing it that's how exciting it is.  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 22:23 ASeven

Dev wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:28:

Some videogame history for perusal.

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 21:48 nin

Guess that Bioware is about to join that graveyard of game devs EA has killed.

Based on their recent output, I can't say I really feel sorry for them.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 21:28 Dev

Why would they even bother to try and restrict it? lol
I bet anyone could just get a free email account and try another trial if they wanted.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 21:21 NKD

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 20:11:
They may as well just get it over with and go F2P already.

If they won't make Warhammer F2P, odds are this won't be going free to play any time soon either. Bioware doesn't like that business model for whatever reason.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 21:02 ASeven

Since most of what ealuser said was spot, a $300M budget for this game is likely real, $300M that more than likely didn't even see a tenth of ROI.

Guess that Bioware is about to join that graveyard of game devs EA has killed. Can't see Bioware escaping unscathed from this.

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 20:20 nin

Hey, it's Wednesday and we haven't heard about a Mess Effect 3 weekend yet, WTF?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 20:11 Cutter

They may as well just get it over with and go F2P already.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial Weekend Apr 18, 2012, 20:04 deqer

"As before, this trial is open only to those who have not participated in a previous free trial. "

because a second trial is just too much to ask for!

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo