Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Developer Apr 21, 2012, 07:50 Fantaz

nin wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 19:44:
I'll certainly think twice about buying capcom games in the future, based on this bullshit...

yepp...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 23:44 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 21:43:
How can it be considered DLC when the content is already on the disc?
Increasing amounts of "DLC" are already on the disk, all you really get when you buy it are unlock codes. You can generally tell on an xbox, since it says the size of the DLC. So if its 1 meg, probably only a code. If its 10 megs or 100 megs, probably a legit DLC.

So not only is this "DLC" already on the disc, they aren't even allowing people to buy it until after another 6 months or so pass and the playstation Vita version comes out.

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 21:43 HorrorScope

How can it be considered DLC when the content is already on the disc?  

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 20:53 Dev

I RTFA and it looks like the big motivation is because they won't even let the extra disc content be unlocked until they release a vita version IN THE FALL! So even if you WANT to give them your money to play the DLC, they will refuse it, until the fall.  

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 08:19 ASeven

Capcom sure is an entitled bitch, isn't it?  

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 07:26 InBlack

If Bioware can get away with this shit why not Capcom??  

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 19, 2012, 01:58 Cutter

Of course the best option is simply to NOT BUY THE GAME AND SUPPORT COMPANIES THAT MAKE ASSHOLE MOVES LIKE THIS!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Developer Apr 18, 2012, 23:45 eRe4s3r

What did you expect from Capcom. The same company that sells Azuras Wraith new content DLC with the tagling "The real ENDING" .

Not even EA would be as brain-dead as these guys.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 22:50 Steele Johnson

Toejam & Earl III, BEST co-op game ever! I would love to see another one!  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 21:46 nin

zombiefan wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 21:01:
Developer "Disappointed" That People Would Rather Hack Game Than Pay $20 For Content Already On Disc

Consumer "disappointed" that developer would rather charge people for content that should be already in game.

Pretty close to my comment in the email I sent to Blue. I suspect they're just trying to save face, at this point. It's a shame they probably won't learn a thing from this series of events. Or if they do, it'll be the wrong message of "better encryption of the on disc DLC".

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 21:28 NegaDeath

Is this guy new to the industry? Gamers happily hack NEW stuff into games already, what do you think is going to happen if you hide stuff on the disc?

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2012, 22:18.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 21:01 zombiefan

Developer "Disappointed" That People Would Rather Hack Game Than Pay $20 For Content Already On Disc

Consumer "disappointed" that developer would rather charge people for content that should be already in game.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 20:38 Quboid

Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 20:29:
swedishfriend wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 20:13:
I can guarantee there is no license that specifically states which data on the disk is not licensed to the end user who bought the disk. There is no question in my mind that these hackers did nothing wrong by any standards.
They did wrong by the legal standards of any nation with a DMCA-like law. As far as I can tell, this would count as circumvention of a copyright protection mechanism. And if the EULAs are actually binding, it's pretty standard to have a "you may not modify this game in any way that we don't like" sort of thing in the boilerplate.

Moral standards are another matter.

I suspect this is legal, at least enough so they could enforce it by threatening expensive lawsuits. The best thing we can do is show them that their potential customers won't buy into their scam.

- Quboid

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 20:29 Crustacean Soup

swedishfriend wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 20:13:
I can guarantee there is no license that specifically states which data on the disk is not licensed to the end user who bought the disk. There is no question in my mind that these hackers did nothing wrong by any standards.
They did wrong by the legal standards of any nation with a DMCA-like law. As far as I can tell, this would count as circumvention of a copyright protection mechanism. And if the EULAs are actually binding, it's pretty standard to have a "you may not modify this game in any way that we don't like" sort of thing in the boilerplate.

Moral standards are another matter.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 18, 2012, 20:13 swedishfriend

3. Re: Developer Apr 18, 2012, 20:04 Julio

Charging people for content on the disc already is a scam. I'm fine with those who chose to leverage that content they already paid for. If its on the disc, you bought it.

I have no interest in Capcom games anyways, but on disc DLC is brutal.

2. Re: Developer Apr 18, 2012, 19:44 nin

I'll certainly think twice about buying capcom games in the future, based on this bullshit...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Developer "Disappointed" That People Would Rather Hack Game Than Pay $20 For Content Already On Apr 18, 2012, 19:37 SirKnight

F Capcom. And they (not just Capcom but many other game companies as well) wonder why piracy is so bad. LOL!

Having to pay extra for content already on the disk is just pathetic. I don't mind paying for actual extra content they made after the game was done as long as the price is right for what it is. But selling 75% of the game at full $60 price then nickel-and-diming the rest out is just unacceptable.

And I also think $20 for the handful of characters in question here is a pretty bad deal anyway.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo