Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints

A since removed BT Games Product Page offered preorders for Dead Space 3, the not-yet-announced third installment in the horror/shooter series (thanks Strategy Informer). The dust barely settled on this they then popped up a preorder page for Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2, a seeming reveal of another unannounced title. This South African retailer is becoming quite notorious for loose lips, as they have previously exposed plans for the Jak & Daxter HD Collection and multiplayer support in Mass Effect 3 though premature announcements.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 19, 2012, 03:09 Jerykk

Criterion was recently looking to fill positions for an "open-world" racing game. I wonder if it's Most Wanted 2?

I hope not. I wasn't a big fan of Hot Pursuit's physics or damage system. Having a single health pool instead of locational damage is dumb, especially when all you have to do to "bust" illegal racers is to wipe out their health bars. You end up just bumping them repeatedly until they die, rather than trying to pin them down and prevent them from escaping. As for physics, while Most Wanted had pretty arcadey physics, the physics in Hot Pursuit were much more so. I like to have a balanced ratio between arcade and sim physics, like in Porsche Unleashed.

On a side note, why isn't Most Wanted available on digital distribution? For that matter, why isn't any pre-Undercover entry in the series available online? Is it because EA already shut down the multiplayer servers? If so, what happens when they inevitably shut down the servers for the games that are available? Will they pull them from distribution?

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 2012, 03:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 17:19 PHJF

I don't know what it was about the game, but NFS: Most Wanted is WAY up there in my list of favorite games. It's not in my top 5, but perhaps my top 10 or top 20.

Yeah, just getting some friends together and taking turns at outrunning cops in free roam was fucking fantastic fun. The cinematic music, the constant police radio chatter, spike strips/rhinos/choppers, and my forest green Carrera GT...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

26. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 16:22 Dmitri_M

Draugr wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 16:08:
Darks wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:11:
Shok wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:05:
I bought DS2 when it was a $5 Steam sale. I must really suck or something because I kept dying at the friggin very beginning of the game. I think I reloaded 3-4 times before I just said 'wtf' and played something else. I'm sure I could have figured it out but why make the first experience in a game that frustrating?

Yep, you suck! The key to that opening sequence is to keep on running, donít stop. Donít look around. Just run your ass off.

Also, it seems that this is becoming more and more an issue with retailers spilling the beans. Wonder what the repercussions are for something like this?

They will get mad at the website for drawing attention to it.

BTGames is a store chain local to me, they're dumb as shit. Like any retailer today I suppose. I'm not surprised they messed up like this.

25. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 16:19 Elf Shot The Food

Most Wanted was awesome.

Criterion was recently looking to fill positions for an "open-world" racing game. I wonder if it's Most Wanted 2?

24. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 16:10 vacs

JayDeath wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 15:32:
Not yet announced third installment? Wasn't this announced a few months ago?

Of course it was. It was announced even before Dead Space 2 came out. It was always planned as a trilogy.

Someone here obviously missed my "hidden" sarcasm in my previous post...

23. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 16:08 Draugr

Darks wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:11:
Shok wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 10:05:
I bought DS2 when it was a $5 Steam sale. I must really suck or something because I kept dying at the friggin very beginning of the game. I think I reloaded 3-4 times before I just said 'wtf' and played something else. I'm sure I could have figured it out but why make the first experience in a game that frustrating?

Yep, you suck! The key to that opening sequence is to keep on running, donít stop. Donít look around. Just run your ass off.

Also, it seems that this is becoming more and more an issue with retailers spilling the beans. Wonder what the repercussions are for something like this?

They will get mad at the website for drawing attention to it.

22. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 16:07 kanniballl

I don't know what it was about the game, but NFS: Most Wanted is WAY up there in my list of favorite games. It's not in my top 5, but perhaps my top 10 or top 20.

I spent a LOT of time playing that game. I know most of the races were essentially corridors and the physics were about as "arcade" as you can get... but I really really like that game.

Heck, I even broke down and bought a steering wheel set for my PC... something I never though I'd do.

• Accessible enough to not tick me off, like some games where if you hit a soda can you mess up your aerodynamics + suspension so much you can't race. Arcade-y, but not too bad.

• Decent music (for racing anyway)

• The open-ended police chases were fun

• Customizable like an RPG

•  
    "Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

21. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 15:48 Dmitri_M

The only thing I take from Event Horizon (I mentioned it again) is the 5 second fast cuts of what happened to the crew onboard the ship. I'd rather have EA visualise that and the first game..rather than Escape from New York.

20. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 15:38 StingingVelvet

God damn I love Dead Space.  

19. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 15:32 JayDeath

Not yet announced third installment? Wasn't this announced a few months ago? It's supposed to be set on some planet with a frozen tundra setting. I can't wait!  
    Steam: BenRichards

18. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 14:29 Wolfox

Verno wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:32:
    Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:22:
    Here's hoping it isn't "Dead Space in New York" or any setting on Earth.

Take this back to a spaceship like the first, Event Horizon style.

Waiting anxiously for the marketing shots that feature Isaac with a bow

Verno, you just won a whole Internet. And you owe me a new keyboard.

Dmitri... please, don't ever mention Event Horizon again. Please.

17. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 13:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit. Dead Space 1 and 2 are unfortunately two of my favorite games, all time.

I am going to have a hard time resisting a decently made Dead Space 3, unless EA goes all out with their usual bullshit. Although I did wait until Dead Space 2 was about 85% off on a Gamersgate sale, and I bought Dead Space 1 for like 1.99 from one of those clearance sales... bah.

16. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 12:56 avianflu

Well, these titles also require "origin" so they are pass for me.  

15. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 12:48 NegaDeath

Breaking news. EA has decided to shut down the multiplayer servers for NFS: Most Wanted 2 due to a lack of demand. They do not expect that to affect pre-orders. They thank customers for their loyalty and ask that they look forward to the sequel to 2010's NFS Hot Pursuit.

The servers for the Hot Pursuit sequel are also shut down.

14. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 12:32 Verno

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 12:22:

Waiting anxiously for the marketing shots that feature Isaac with a bow

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
    Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

13. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 12:22 Dmitri_M

12. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:35 Topevoli

Orogogus wrote on

And I don't know about milking the Dead Space cow. The story clearly isn't over yet. There are some pretty bad spinoffs and side stories, though. [/quote:

I admit I haven't played either, but knowing how EA operates I wouldn't expect it to end at 3.

11. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:27 Orogogus

Frijoles wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 11:19:
    I thought it was over too.

Spoiler:
    Didn't they destroy obelisk thing (which I thought was a cool sequence)? Although I'm having a memory of his dead wife being in the ship with him.

I can't remember the ending.
    More spoilers:
    Dead wife was the ending of DS1. They destroy markers at the end of DS1 and DS2, but the one at the end of DS2 was a new one. There are still others in the universe, including the one from DS1 and the original on Earth.

10. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 Frijoles

I thought it was over too.

Spoiler:
    Didn't they destroy obelisk thing (which I thought was a cool sequence)? Although I'm having a memory of his dead wife being in the ship with him.

I can't remember the ending.

9. Re: Retailer Leaks Dead Space 3 and NFS: Most Wanted 2 Hints Apr 18, 2012, 11:13 Orogogus

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 11:06:
    How can you possible die at the beginning of DS2, heck someone even screams RUN RUN for like 30 seconds and everything guides you monsters left and right for one... only 1 way to go..

It's easy to bite it if you turn the wrong way or get stuck on geometry for just a second or two. But still, it's kind of hard to not get past it after 5 minutes of trying.

And I don't know about milking the Dead Space cow. The story clearly isn't over yet. There are some pretty bad spinoffs and side stories, though.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo