Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts?

Posts on NeoGAF and the Diablo III Forums offer widespread reports that anyone with a Battle.net account is being permitted entrance into the Diablo III beta test. Blizzard just announced yesterday that beta testing of the action/RPG sequel will be wrapping up at the end of this month in preparation for the game's release on May 15th. Thanks VG247.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 20, 2012, 15:10 Smellfinger

Jdrez wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 19:47:
I quit Torchlight after a few days for this reason. I barely got anywhere in Diablo 2. Boggles my mind that people still play it.

But whatever floats your boat. I have a friend who is so obsessed with loot that these types of games trump anything else for him. *shrug*
Google 'operant conditioning' and 'B.F. Skinner'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 20, 2012, 06:30 Quinn

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 20, 2012, 05:54:
Open Beta Weekend Information

Good news! We can play the whole weekend!

SADLY I CAN NEVER PLAY DURING WEEKENDS!

I think I'll have to talk with my partner... she gives me no space in the weekend. I can never -- ever -- fucking play games in the weekend. *sigh* This Diablo 3 beta is the straw breaking the cammel's back. Gotta need some space. Just a little.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 20, 2012, 05:54 DarkCntry

Open Beta Weekend Information  

50. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 19, 2012, 10:11 Animals for Crackers

According to various sources, if a truly public stress test does happen, it'll be on the 1st of May.

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

49. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 19, 2012, 03:57 Quinn

Bummer.

However, I'm fairly certain Blizz will release it to the public anytime soon, under the demo idea.

Lets hope that's before release.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

48. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 23:03 Cefu

Just tried and had no problem with installer, no server errors nor maintenance messages. The result? Rejected in no uncertain terms.

"This Battle.net account does not have a Diablo III license attached to it. Error(12)"

Sorry folks, looks like the door is closed.

47. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 20:01 Krovven

Jdrez wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 19:47:
Quinn wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 18:31:
Still doesnt work. Going to bed now.

Let me say though that the Tide-o-Hype got me swimming along. That doesn't mean I understand it. To me, Diablo kinda games aren't that interesting. The start is, but later on in the game you're being nothing but zerged the entire time. I hardly ever finished a Diablo (clone) because it got so goddamn tedious at some point.

In those games, plot at some point gives way to mindless enemy waves. I still love it while it lasts, don't get me wrong, but the hype...? It's a mystery to me.

I quit Torchlight after a few days for this reason. I barely got anywhere in Diablo 2. Boggles my mind that people still play it.

But whatever floats your boat. I have a friend who is so obsessed with loot that these types of games trump anything else for him. *shrug*

While the loot does add to the fun, I have never obsessed over it in these types of games. For me the Diablo universe and the presentation of that universe attracts me to it. The gameplay is fun for me. Does it require a lot of thought or skill? No not really. Which is fine as far as I'm concerned. I play everything from basic shooters or platformers to strategy games, each have their rewards. I get that some people aren't going to enjoy it, to each their own.

46. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 19:47 Jdrez

Quinn wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 18:31:

Let me say though that the Tide-o-Hype got me swimming along. That doesn't mean I understand it. To me, Diablo kinda games aren't that interesting. The start is, but later on in the game you're being nothing but zerged the entire time. I hardly ever finished a Diablo (clone) because it got so goddamn tedious at some point.

In those games, plot at some point gives way to mindless enemy waves. I still love it while it lasts, don't get me wrong, but the hype...? It's a mystery to me.

45. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 18:31 Quinn

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

44. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 18:31 Animals for Crackers

Gah, maintenance pushed back again to approx. 5 p.m. PDT.  

43. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 16:11 CJ_Parker

I think I'm going to have a "wallet accessibility issue" if there is no free for all beta before May 15

42. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 15:51 Quinn

The ingame menu news report says they're now resolving something "regarding a beta accessability issue". Next update is approximately in 2 hours.

Blegh. Prolly just a bug indeed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 15:48 Dev

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 14:08:
This game is way fucking overdue anyway. Blizzard is just too bloated I guess. Why Diablo 7 isn't out by now, beats the living bujeezus out of me.
Its called "WoW"

And you'll notice this game has a real money auction house.

40. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:38 Bucky

Quinn wrote on Apr 18, 2012, 14:11:
I tried the D3 beta just now. Without an invite.

The servers are down, indeed. I'll know more in 50 minutes, if their estimate is ok.

Heh. Having been in the beta for awhile, their downtime estimates are usually a coin-toss. Heck, the maintenance period has already been extended once (pushed 4 hours back).

39. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:35 MacLeod

This is nothing but starcraft skinned with wow heroes.

I don't even understand this comment... comparing Diablo III to an RTS without even explaining why makes no sense.

Diablo III is the same type of game as Diablo and Diablo II. Whether you don't like the difficulty, graphics, etc is one thing. Saying it's a skinned Starcraft seems kind of silly.

38. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:32 Smellfinger

They sure don't make Skinner Boxes like they used to.  

37. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:31 JeffD

My account settings still only show the diablo 3 production release, no beta access. :/  

36. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:29 MattyC

This is nothing but starcraft skinned with wow heroes

... what? Stunned

35. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:11 Quinn

I tried the D3 beta just now. Without an invite.

The servers are down, indeed. I'll know more in 50 minutes, if their estimate is ok.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

34. Re: Diablo III Beta Open to All Battle.net Accounts? Apr 18, 2012, 14:08 Optional nickname

I played the beta, tried 3 classes, very casually, you ain't missing anything folks, this game will be new and all, but is in no way in any shape or form, as magical as D1 and D2 were.

This is nothing but starcraft skinned with wow heroes. this is bad for me, because I don't really like either of those games, I loved Diablo 2 though. I will still play it to enjoy, as will 50 million other people, but no way in hell am I making this game a priority, and I thank the devil that my 3 year old computer can run it just fine.

i am not judging the game until it is installed, and I am onto finishing normal. The beta is perhaps nothing at all what the game is anyway. and besides, I guarantee you all, 10 patches in, will be again , a whole new game. at least for once, I hope, Blizzard will support it longer than they did with Diablo II.

I just hope they up the in town music, I can't hear shit so far.

This game is way fucking overdue anyway. Blizzard is just too bloated I guess. Why Diablo 7 isn't out by now, beats the living bujeezus out of me.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo