Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer

The Diablo III Website has a new feature on the Monk class in Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel, pointing the way to this reveal with details and a new trailer. They also announce the beta test for the game is drawing to a close in two weeks:

In preparation for the launch of Diablo III on Tuesday, May 15, the beta servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, May 1. At that time, all beta accounts and character information will be reset. Leading up to Diablo's May 15 launch date, players will only be able to create comments and forum posts on the official Diablo III community site if they have pre-purchased Diablo III or have a StarCraft II or an active World of Warcraft game license attached to their Battle.net account. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to stay tuned to this website for exciting news and updates regarding the upcoming release.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:13 Dev

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 21:59:
They said over and again NOTHING from the beta would carry over.
I was talking an achievement, not anything from character or inventory lol.

Things like the starcraft 2 collectors edition offer exclusive avatars and character portraits that you cannot get in the regular starcraft 2 game. So it wouldn't surprise me if blizzard did something like a special in game portrait if you got all the beta achievements.

Thats what I'm talking about, not anything "carried over"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:02 RollinThundr

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 21:59:
This isn't fucking grandmaster chess, it's Diablo. You click shit. It dies. You repeat this thousands of times. If you want some kind of thoughtful, poignant experience you are looking at the wrong game.

Any news on if doing the beta achieves will get you an achieve in the full game?

Come now it's Krowen and a Blizzard game, it's a masterpiece! You can keep your DRM and real money dupe house Blizzard. No thx.

13. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:00 AngelicPenguin

I played through with each character but one, and it took a little over 2 hours each time, so it's certainly longer than an hour.

Granted these are all new characters and abilities, so I was trying different things out with each one.

12. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:59 PHJF

This isn't fucking grandmaster chess, it's Diablo. You click shit. It dies. You repeat this thousands of times. If you want some kind of thoughtful, poignant experience you are looking at the wrong game.

Any news on if doing the beta achieves will get you an achieve in the full game?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:38 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 20:34:
http://darkd3.com/
If I ever buy diablo 3, I'll have to remember that link, thanks.

10. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:36 Dev

9. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:22 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 19:30:
Goddammit - never got in the beta...

You didn't really miss a whole lot, they only offered up a slice of the beginning of the game which takes only an hour to play through, or less.

The most important thing I learned from playing the beta is that if this mini-mod doesn't work with the release version I'm not going to even bother playing it.

Yeah, but we won't be buying the game because of the online DRM but we still wanted to try it out.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:18 Krovven

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 21:03:
If you are slow as fuck and have never played a video game before in your life, it would take you three hours to play through the beta.

Not everyone is an speed freak playing their games. Even Batman has told you, he can't play anything with you because you just want to race through content.

There is a fixed amount of quest and flavour text and audio. At least the first time through, stopping to read everything and making sure you explore every corner, clicking/destroying/looting everything and returning to town to sell (starting the game fresh, gold will be needed for lvling up the Smithy), checking vendors for gear, etc. is going to take you close to 2.5 hrs from beginning to killing the Skeleton King.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2012, 21:23.

7. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:12 AnointedSword

Rushing to the boss is not a smart thing to do. Look around and enjoy killing things. How the drops are setup, the runners will miss out. Well you could kill everything real fast for a faster kill per hour what will equal a better chance per hour of a good drop dropping. Word!  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

6. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:04 DangerDog

Unless everyone in the party is at the same level it wouldn't be much fun for the low level guy trying to keep up.

I did that with borderlands and it was a disaster being the low level guy, ended up watching everyone else storm through areas ahead in seconds while I tagged along.

5. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:03 PHJF

If you are slow as fuck and have never played a video game before in your life, it would take you three hours to play through the beta.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:41 Krovven

You didn't really miss a whole lot, they only offered up a slice of the beginning of the game which takes only an hour to play through, or less.

The most important thing I learned from playing the beta is that if this mini-mod doesn't work with the release version I'm not going to even bother playing it.

Hour or less if you just race through and not loot/sell, read anything or listen to the stories npc's have to tell. What would be the point of even playing if that's how you play? This sadly was typical behaviour of random coop games, which is why I will mostly play with friends.

Each class takes approx. 2.5-3 hrs to play through the beta beginning to end while exploring and looting/selling everything and talking/reading all NPC text.

3. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:34 DangerDog

2. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:13 Alamar

If you'd like to come on by on a weekend, you can play all day : )

-Alamar

1. Re: Diablo III Beta Ending; Monk Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 19:30 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo