Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored Trailer

The Dishonored Website now offers the debut trailer from Dishonored, a mostly cinematic look at Arkane Studios' upcoming steampunk shooter (thanks Chris). The post about this on the Bethesda Blog offers an updated description of the game:

Dishonored casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with strange technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man.

In Dishonored, creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 17:34 Quinn

Just "one of those" games. *Sigh*

Let's say... Assassin's Creed meets Saboteur meets Singularity.

Yes, think I got that very much right.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 07:40 Dades

Looks fantastic but its probably doomed due to the console market only wanting sequels and dumbed down games.  

11. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 02:28 Acleacius

Arkane does the best melee and this is their game from scratch. It's hard to imagine any missteps, unless it gets released too soon.

Arkane is finally getting their big break and the trailer looked pretty amazing.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 02:24 osage no onna

I have every faith in Arkane. They've made awesome things even working with some of the shittiest publishers around, and now they have one that likely gives them all the resources and freedom they need.  

9. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 00:31 Jerykk

I really like the setting. Reminds me of Thief mixed with HL2. If they can actually deliver on the promise of interesting, open-ended gameplay, this should be good.  

8. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 18, 2012, 00:30 Herzog

That was interesting - even if no game was involved that was a really good 4 minute short animated film.  

7. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:50 Elessar

That was outstanding. Never knew about this game until now. Far from a wasted effort.

I don't mind a hype trailer like this being all CGI. There will be plenty of time for gameplay footage. In fact there's a YT video with some up already. Someone posted it on reddit.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

6. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 22:37 Kitkoan

Personally, I hate trailers like this. Sure, you have nice CG artists that can make some nice pre-rendered scenes.... now how about in game footage instead? So I can see what it looks like and slightly how it plays?  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 21:14 netnerd85

Nice trailer, wasted effort?  

4. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:59 MajorD

That is some beautiful and impressive CGI; especially the opening scene. I hope the game is as good as the trailer, as that was a pretty cool trailer.

3. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:36 Krovven

That does look cool. Sadly, so did The Crossing and Prey 2.

2. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 20:21 Alamar

I enjoyed that... Wonder if the game will be any good : )

-Alamar

1. Re: Dishonored Trailer Apr 17, 2012, 19:54 Rattlehead

Does this have anything to do with Arkane's cancelled game The Crossing?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo