Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released

GOG.com announces the release of the promised Enhanced Edition for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, CD Projekt RED's action/RPG sequel. To celebrate, they have the original The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on sale for 50% off and The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings for 15% off (the Enhanced Edition is a free upgrade if you already own the game). Here's word:

The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 features new locations, like the underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate forest in the Loc Muine mountains. A batch of new characters is introduced to the Witcher storyline. All new cinematics and cut scenes expand upon the story, including a new three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn, created by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski.

In additon to more than 4 hours of extra gameplay, improved graphics, new characters, locations, quests, 36 minutes of new cinematics, GOG.com has added the Witcher comic book, new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack to your free goodies list, simply because we love you.

Note: This upgrade is available to everyone who has bought The Witcher 2, not just folks who bought it from GOG.com. The upgrade will be free to download from now until a few days after the apocalypse, and is available through the in-game launcher. Note that for faster connections and better error checking, we strongly recommend that you download your new copy of the Enhanced Edition through the GOG.com downloader

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 21:41 Krovven

Tumbler wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 15:43:

Got a corruption error on pack0.dzip when installing the patch downloaded via the launcher. Lots of others having same issue.

Redownloading part 1 and 2 from http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual/ solves the issue.

Oh my, thank god. Didn't want to have to reinstall the game and then re download all of that again!

I just clicked the Retry button and it worked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 17:55 Quinn

For some reason trying to connect to the Witcher 2 server in the Launcher instantly fails. Can't update. No idea what's going on...

Off-topic: Did you guys realize both Max Payne 3 and Diablo 3 will be released May 15th? Too much entertainment for my own good... and my wife's..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

51. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 15:43 Tumbler

Got a corruption error on pack0.dzip when installing the patch downloaded via the launcher. Lots of others having same issue.

Redownloading part 1 and 2 from http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual/ solves the issue.

Oh my, thank god. Didn't want to have to reinstall the game and then re download all of that again!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

50. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 12:40 Verno

Krovven wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 12:35:
Sudbina wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 10:40:
Even better if he had followed the instructions at the BOTTOM OF THE LAUNCHER, that even a dumbass like myself did then he wouldn't have had to write such drivel..

Now, if only you had bothered to read...

You did get one thing right though. You are indeed a dumbass.

Subdina was the one who defended you, might wanna go edit that to be the right person so it isn't so hilariously heavy on the irony Hole

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

49. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 12:35 Krovven

Sudbina wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 10:40:
Even better if he had followed the instructions at the BOTTOM OF THE LAUNCHER, that even a dumbass like myself did then he wouldn't have had to write such drivel..

Now, if only you had bothered to read...

You did get one thing right though. You are indeed a dumbass.

48. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 10:40 Sudbina

CythrawL wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 09:37:
Verno wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 09:04:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 20:16:
Forcing me to download 1.6 gigs of French and German voice overs for a patch...not cool. Edit: 12gig patch...largest patch ever?

1) No link to the patch on the GoG.com news page. 2) No link on the Accounts>Games page on GoG.com. 3) Downloaded the Auto Patcher and it tells me that I have 2.1 already and game is up to date. 4) So I read carefully through the press release again...auto patches upon loading the game.

Get your shit together CDProjekt. The only other thing I didn't do was download the Download Manager, which I was going to do next. I wonder if that even works to get the game patched.

Wishing they provided a Steam key with the TW2 purchases from GoG.

He's constantly calling the Blues community a bunch of whiners and entitled children, oh the irony. I think this post pretty much speaks for itself, a new low even for Krovven Hat2

so to sum up....

Open Steam

Open Witcher 2

CLICK ON LINK ON BOTTOM OF LAUNCHER!!!

Read instructions to set you steam account to public, and send Email of your Steam account to CDPR *No passwords etc*

They verify and send you a link to download the GOG version within 72 hours....

FFS!

If you had bothered to read the post, you would have realized he had the GOG version and he wished that CDProjekt gave a Steam key.

47. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 10:03 Darks

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 04:43:
Can't wait to replay this game now and side with the elves. Adding all this content, plus the massive differences based on that decision, will make it feel almost like a third Witcher game.

I've been removed from modern gaming for almost 6 months due to an overseas job and it's funny that when I get home one of the first things I play will be a game I already finished.

Man this really sucks, my original play through I sided with the elves and was going to go through this again siding with the humans. So this bites, if you donít side with the elves you canít get to the extra area under the city. At least I donít know for sure if you can still go there if you do. Does anyone know thats played that side? I just want to be sure for before I go starting again.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

46. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 09:37 CythrawL

Verno wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 09:04:
Forcing me to download 1.6 gigs of French and German voice overs for a patch...not cool. Edit: 12gig patch...largest patch ever?

1) No link to the patch on the GoG.com news page. 2) No link on the Accounts>Games page on GoG.com. 3) Downloaded the Auto Patcher and it tells me that I have 2.1 already and game is up to date. 4) So I read carefully through the press release again...auto patches upon loading the game.

Get your shit together CDProjekt. The only other thing I didn't do was download the Download Manager, which I was going to do next. I wonder if that even works to get the game patched.

He's constantly calling the Blues community a bunch of whiners and entitled children, oh the irony. I think this post pretty much speaks for itself, a new low even for Krovven Hat2

so to sum up....

Open Steam

Open Witcher 2

CLICK ON LINK ON BOTTOM OF LAUNCHER!!!

Read instructions to set you steam account to public, and send Email of your Steam account to CDPR *No passwords etc*

They verify and send you a link to download the GOG version within 72 hours....

FFS!

45. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 09:11 wtf_man

I wonder if NAMCO is going to sue them again.

44. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 09:04 Verno

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

43. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 07:20 peteham

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 04:08:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:38:
Time to finally buy this?

I'm still wary; I couldn't stand the gameplay mechanics in Witcher 1 one iota.
You shoulda bought it right off the bat. I hated them the same way in the first witcher. Got used to it though after a second playthrough. Witcher2 thought? Leagues above. It's almost like you were walking along a stream and found a gold nugget the size of your fist.
Also be warned, the tutorial and prologue are by far the worst parts of the game. Especially if you ask about the dragon first. Soldier through, and you'll get to enjoy the real game which is amazing.

42. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 Dades

Also that setting doesn't always stop updates, if Valve push it on you the setting doesn't matter.

It does now, the functionality was fixed two months ago in a Steam update.

41. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 06:41 Quinn

Acleacius wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 00:24:
I hate the way we are forced to play someone else. Then forced into choosing a side or force you into a relationship they want you to be in. Forced into making decisions someone wrote in a book.

They have an extremely interesting world to make an RPG. Too bad instead of using the world's lore and allowing us to make new characters, we get shafted.

Wtf is this for kinda random bullshit complaint? The game is called The Witcher, based entirely around Geralt's life. It's like complaining about being Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. It's extremely dumb, to a point it gets me worked up.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 04:43 StingingVelvet

Can't wait to replay this game now and side with the elves. Adding all this content, plus the massive differences based on that decision, will make it feel almost like a third Witcher game.

I've been removed from modern gaming for almost 6 months due to an overseas job and it's funny that when I get home one of the first things I play will be a game I already finished.

39. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 04:39 StingingVelvet

eunichron wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:06:
dumpy wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:00:
Steam required Rage to patch 15 gig before I was able to play. I never used Steam very much in the past, but recently I've learned of their autopatch bs which screws my games like Skyrim and AVP2.

You can turn off autopatching for individual games by right clicking it in the library, selecting Properties, and then changing the option in the Updates tab.

You can also pause downloads manually at the downloads screen.

Steam still forces you to patch if you try to launch the game. Also that setting doesn't always stop updates, if Valve push it on you the setting doesn't matter.

The only way to stop updates for real on Steam is to be in offline mode. Even then, if you go online to make a purchase it will likely start the update process, then even if you quickly go offline the game will not work until you update.

38. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 04:08 Mashiki Amiketo

Crustacean Soup wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:38:
Time to finally buy this?

I'm still wary; I couldn't stand the gameplay mechanics in Witcher 1 one iota.
You shoulda bought it right off the bat. I hated them the same way in the first witcher. Got used to it though after a second playthrough. Witcher2 thought? Leagues above. It's almost like you were walking along a stream and found a gold nugget the size of your fist.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

37. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 03:16 Draugr

vrok wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 03:12:

STarted downloading them again to see if it resolved the issue. stopped in and saw this. Thanks!

36. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 03:12 vrok

35. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 01:54 tomigun

Yes the Witcher 1 had a special atmosphere that captured the books very well, I also prefered the artwork.
Maybe its just nostalgia , the witcher 2 is a fantastic game but just seems to lack something special or try too hard?
either way what a great company and what a fantastic way to reward the fans!!!!

34. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 00:40 Jerykk

I hate the way we are forced to play someone else. Then forced into choosing a side or force you into a relationship they want you to be in. Forced into making decisions someone wrote in a book.

While Witcher 2 certainly isn't as open-ended as games like Fallout: New Vegas, it still has a pretty subtantial amount of choice and consequence. The entire second act (about half of the game) is completely different based on the choices you made in the first act.

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo