Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released

GOG.com announces the release of the promised Enhanced Edition for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, CD Projekt RED's action/RPG sequel. To celebrate, they have the original The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on sale for 50% off and The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings for 15% off (the Enhanced Edition is a free upgrade if you already own the game). Here's word:

The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 features new locations, like the underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate forest in the Loc Muine mountains. A batch of new characters is introduced to the Witcher storyline. All new cinematics and cut scenes expand upon the story, including a new three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn, created by BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski.

In additon to more than 4 hours of extra gameplay, improved graphics, new characters, locations, quests, 36 minutes of new cinematics, GOG.com has added the Witcher comic book, new game map, game guide, manual, and soundtrack to your free goodies list, simply because we love you.

Note: This upgrade is available to everyone who has bought The Witcher 2, not just folks who bought it from GOG.com. The upgrade will be free to download from now until a few days after the apocalypse, and is available through the in-game launcher. Note that for faster connections and better error checking, we strongly recommend that you download your new copy of the Enhanced Edition through the GOG.com downloader

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

33. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 00:24 Acleacius

I hate the way we are forced to play someone else. Then forced into choosing a side or force you into a relationship they want you to be in. Forced into making decisions someone wrote in a book.

They have an extremely interesting world to make an RPG. Too bad instead of using the world's lore and allowing us to make new characters, we get shafted.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 00:21 NKD

wrlwnd wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 23:53:
Call me the odd man out, but I didn't enjoy Witcher 2 nearly as much as I thought I would.

I was pleasantly surprised with Witcher 1, and maybe I set my expectations too high on 2, but it seemed too linear and short to me when it was all said and done.

A good game for sure, but not a great one like Skyrim turned out to be.

I like CD Projekt and how they do things, but Witcher 2 didn't do it for me either. I appreciate the free stuff, but I don't feel any desire to download it or play the game again. I hope they try their hand at something different for their next title.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

31. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 17, 2012, 00:20 Frijoles

One of the patch files, the main one at 9.something gigs, has failed to uncompress for me. And sadly now the game crashes on launch so it won't try patch. Guess I get to reinstall it.

30. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:53 wrlwnd

Call me the odd man out, but I didn't enjoy Witcher 2 nearly as much as I thought I would.

I was pleasantly surprised with Witcher 1, and maybe I set my expectations too high on 2, but it seemed too linear and short to me when it was all said and done.

A good game for sure, but not a great one like Skyrim turned out to be.

29. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:42 FU

take note bioware. This is how you do it.  

28. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:28 Overon

Well I love CD Projekt and Witcher series. But I also appreciate well thought out simple patching and downloading things you don't want/need is ridiculous and should be streamlined.

Aside from that I'm still feeling the love of CD Projekt and I'm basking in it.

27. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:14 eRe4s3r

mods have.. witcher nexus

Actually, most mods might be broken with this patch... so forget that. Also the download aborted for me ~.+

26. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:13 durandal

I finished the game when it was version 1.x, and found the sword fight unreasonably difficult(You cannot interrupt swing motion, and you get repeatedly stunned when damaged, making fighting multiple enemies really difficult.)/unbalanced(with Quen and it gets too easy/no Quen it's ridiculously hard).

I didn't bother with Witcher 2 since then (well, till now) because I hated it so much.

Have they done anything with it?

25. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:01 Beelzebud

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 22:19:
Man, I thought the Battlefield series had big patches....

I'd say this is a bit more than just a patch. It's like a free expansion pack.

24. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:57 RollinThundr

Dades wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 22:21:
nin wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 20:15:
CDP spoils the fuck outta pc gamers.

Pretty much, just listen to the pathetic mewling about having to download all of that free content. They didn't split up the language packs and send him a little gift bag in the mail, those jerks.

Making a good game even better despite having fans like that, thanks CDP!

Considering it's Krowen, are you shocked? If Blizzard did the same thing he'd call it the bestest thing ever111!!!eleventyone!

23. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:39 Krovven

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:31:
Some people will bitch about anything, even when its free content other studios would charge for.

Aww you are so funny nin. GOG not having a single unified delivery source is a problem.

Since launch for TW2 as far as digital delivery from GOG I've seen 1) Download Manager 2) Download from Account Mgt. screen in GoG 3) Multiple patch download options directly from their website 4) Auto patcher (designed to deal with problem #3) 5) and now, Auto download from launching the game.

They need to stop changing their methods of delivery every time a new patch comes out. This isn't a complaint about their additional game content.

Forcing people to download 1.6 gigs of audio people don't need is kinda dumb. Happens all the time unfortunately. But when they clearly have it in place that language files can be optional, but not all of them, the question should be asked as to why. It states that it's based on my install of TW2...well if it had been an option, I would not have installed the French & German audio before either.

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:31 DrEvil

eunichron wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:06:
dumpy wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:00:
Steam required Rage to patch 15 gig before I was able to play. I never used Steam very much in the past, but recently I've learned of their autopatch bs which screws my games like Skyrim and AVP2.

You can turn off autopatching for individual games by right clicking it in the library, selecting Properties, and then changing the option in the Updates tab.

You can also pause downloads manually at the downloads screen.

That only lasts for the current session and only until you next launch the game and exit.

Apparently Valve believes that no one should have the ability to permanently disable updates for a game.

21. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:21 Dades

Pretty much, just listen to the pathetic mewling about having to download all of that free content. They didn't split up the language packs and send him a little gift bag in the mail, those jerks.

Making a good game even better despite having fans like that, thanks CDP!

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:19 NegaDeath

Man, I thought the Battlefield series had big patches....glad I have a decent connection. Still think I can hear a slight suction sound coming from the modem though.  

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 22:02 Dev

eunichron wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:06:
You can turn off autopatching for individual games by right clicking it in the library, selecting Properties, and then changing the option in the Updates tab.
That only works sometimes. Many times steam resets it back to auto patch on.

18. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:55 Rhino

Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:33:
It's irrelevant to me too. But why have check boxes for 5 languages, 2 of which are optional, English, French and German are not optional.

Odd, French and German were optional for me. Only English was mandatory. Mind you, that only dropped the patch down to 10.55 gig, which thankfully isn't a huge deal for me given the 3.55 MB/s download speed.

17. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:38 Crustacean Soup

Time to finally buy this?

I'm still wary; I couldn't stand the gameplay mechanics in Witcher 1 one iota.

16. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:33 Krovven

It's irrelevant to me too. But why have check boxes for 5 languages, 2 of which are optional, English, French and German are not optional.

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:31 nin

Quboid wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:13:
Compare:
Techie714 wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:08:

Totally!

With:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 20:16:
Forcing me to download 1.6 gigs of French and German voice overs for a patch...not cool. Edit: 12gig patch...largest patch ever?

1) No link to the patch on the GoG.com news page. 2) No link on the Accounts>Games page on GoG.com. 3) Downloaded the Auto Patcher and it tells me that I have 2.1 already and game is up to date. 4) So I read carefully through the press release again...auto patches upon loading the game.

Get your shit together CDProjekt. The only other thing I didn't do was download the Download Manager, which I was going to do next. I wonder if that even works to get the game patched.

Wishing they provided a Steam key with the TW2 purchases from GoG.

Hmm.

Some people will bitch about anything, even when its free content other studios would charge for.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 21:26 theyarecomingforyou

necrosis wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 21:23:
People pissing and moaning over a 12GB download? You babies still on dialup? Be glad your getting this kind of support for a PC game... FOR FREE.
To be honest the download size is irrelevant to me. I imagine that if they could make it smaller they would have, as it's in everyone's interests to do so. It's a free update to an already awesome game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo