Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Announced

Following recent clues, EA officially announces Crysis 3, saying the next installment in Crytek's first-person shooter series is due in spring of next year for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. "Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love," said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. "Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game." Though still a year off, they already outline three early multiplayer unlocks you can earn by preordering the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition (though the link they provide doesn't lead anywhere yet) as well as additional perks like a nanosuit module and an XP boost. Like Crysis 2, the sequel is set in a future version of New York City, here are some screenshots, and here's word:

Players take on the role of ‘Prophet’ as he returns to New York, only to discover that the city has been encased in a Nanodome created by the corrupt Cell Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. This dangerous new world demands advanced weapons and tactics. Prophet will utilize a lethal composite bow, an enhanced Nanosuit and devastating alien tech to become the deadliest hunter on the planet.

View
94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

34. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 13:03 ASeven

NKD wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:20:
I tire of 90% of games being generic shooters with no gameplay beyond Shoot Teh Baddie In Teh Face.

With A Bow!

*ba-dum-tssss*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:55 Beamer

DaZ wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:34:
Jackplug wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:00:
just more of the same linear sandbox bullshit from crytek, that will have amazing gfx but no gameplay.

linear sandbox bullshit from crytek

linear sandbox

¬_¬

4chan has moved to text form!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:49 Verno

DaZ wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:34:
¬_¬

Awesome quote pyramid sir

So apparently a bow is a new weapon in this one. A bow. Against robots/heavily-armored aliens.

My main issue with Crysis was how overpowered the suit made you and from what I've heard, it was even more OP in Crysis 2 (basically gave you infinite invisibility once fully upgraded). They really need to make it more balanced in C3.

They're balancing it out by giving you a high tech...bow. I have no idea how they thought this would be met with anything but derision.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

31. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:46 Ratty

Setting looks intriguing. Did Crytek ever claim Crysis 2 was a sandbox game?  

30. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:37 Jerykk

So apparently a bow is a new weapon in this one. A bow. Against robots/heavily-armored aliens.

My main issue with Crysis was how overpowered the suit made you and from what I've heard, it was even more OP in Crysis 2 (basically gave you infinite invisibility once fully upgraded). They really need to make it more balanced in C3.

29. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:34 DaZ

just more of the same linear sandbox bullshit from crytek, that will have amazing gfx but no gameplay.

linear sandbox bullshit from crytek

linear sandbox

¬_¬

28. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:30 NKD

deqer wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 12:28:
Because everyone played Crysis, and even Crysis 2, and they're all hurtin' for another one, right? ....

No one played this shit. Where did this sudden demand come from that you feel the need to create a third one? lulz.

And then when fans demand a sequel to one of EA's rare good titles, they bitch that it didn't sell well enough. Makes no fucking sense.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

27. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:28 deqer

Because everyone played Crysis, and even Crysis 2, and they're all hurtin' for another one, right? ....

No one played this shit. Where did this sudden demand come from that you feel the need to create a third one? lulz.

26. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:20 NKD

I tire of 90% of games being generic shooters with no gameplay beyond Shoot Teh Baddie In Teh Face.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

25. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:11 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 11:56:
One week from now they'll announce the exclusive Day One DLC.

Fucking EA.
Which will be exclusive to the consoles and PC owners(aka pirates) will get it a month or so later.

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:01 nin

I love how it's a year off, and EA is already pimping the pre-order bullshit. One week from now they'll announce the exclusive Day One DLC.

Fucking EA.

Eh, they're just spinning faster as they get closer to the drain...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 12:00 Jackplug

22. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 11:57 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 09:23:
Crysis 3 Announced, Already Pirated

Fixed!

Giggle

Ohhhh, now you made little Cevat cry.

Creston

21. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 11:56 Creston

Isn't Prophet dead? I guess it's the Prophet / Alcatraz hybrid or something.

Anyway, it looks very nice, and I did enjoy Crysis 2 quite a bit. I'll pick it up for 5 bucks at some point.

I love how it's a year off, and EA is already pimping the pre-order bullshit. One week from now they'll announce the exclusive Day One DLC.

Fucking EA.

Creston

20. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 11:43 theyarecomingforyou

No thanks. Crysis 2 was certainly enjoyable but I've never had to put up with so much bullshit thanks to their limited-activations DRM. Not only that but inevitably it won't be available on Steam and will require Origin. I passed on BF3 and ME3 because of it and I'll pass on C3 as well.

EA can fuck right off.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

19. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 11:38 Drayth

People thought Alcatraz was Prophet because he was wearing the suit.. so I guess that's what they're saying..?

There's also some funkiness with Prophet's consciousness roaming around in the suit, but that wasn't quite explained.

Anyways, I'm glad they're finishing it as a trilogy. I'm not surprised by the fast turn around for the third.. based on what I saw on my PC, I'd say there's very little more they could squeeze into a new build that consoles could still handle.

I will say I thought Crysis 2 was a blast to play for a shooter. I just think the standard shooter doesn't hold as much appeal as it once did in this age of RPG/shooters.

18. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 11:36 peteham

SXO wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 10:34:
OK..... *scratches head*..... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Prophet die in Crysis 2? I never played the game, but from what I've heard, he dies and then Alcatraz uses his suit in Crysis 2.
Near the end of the game, there's this non-clever twist where Prophet's mind was stored in the suit and takes over or something. If that means Prophet and Alcatraz are now one, or Alcatraz is goners, I have no idea.. I don't really remember the details anymore, only that something like this happened.

17. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:53 MajorD

SXO wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 10:34:
OK..... *scratches head*..... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Prophet die in Crysis 2? I never played the game, but from what I've heard, he dies and then Alcatraz uses his suit in Crysis 2.

I was thinking the same thing, then figured it must be a prequel. /shrugs

The Crysis franchise is becomig like the COD series - SOS!

16. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:49 nin

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2012, 10:47:
Dammit nin, now that song is stuck in my head!

My work here is done!!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Crysis 3 Announced Apr 16, 2012, 10:47 Cutter

Dammit nin, now that song is stuck in my head!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo