Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Welcome Back

The World of Warcraft Website has a "Welcome Back!" post for recipients of "the new and improved Scroll of Resurrection" who are looking for direction about what to do after reaching level 85 in Blizzard's MMORPG. Word is: "Donít worry: between dungeons and raids, new battlegrounds, the Archeology profession, more class/race combinations, transmogrification, and the reforging feature, there's plenty of content to explore. Here's a brief overview of some cool stuff that has been added since the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm..."

View
23. Re: My favorite part... Apr 15, 2012, 11:29 s1mon75

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 18:57:
The problem with your math is that Blizzard is probably the slowest developer out there. Most companies could bang out that same amount of content in half the time. Plus, everyone making games today has a lot more experience and knowledge and much better tools. So that's also a major advantage.

Your entirely correct. Except you missed the point about polish, no one has the ability to polish a game as much as Blizzard does. Their next MMO, codenamed Titan could stay in development for another 5-10 years. Want to know how they can do that? Because no matter what it is, Titan will be a huge success. They play the games they make, over and over again. If you played Wow from the start you will know that Blizzard has refined the game a huge amount. I played EQ2 recently (7 years of Wow is getting to me ..) and found that I have to click 2 times to move an item from my bags to the bank. Sure, its just an extra click, but when I need to do it 20+ times its bloody annoying. It shows how EQ2 developers never play their game, otherwise they would fix it. Wow introduced right click into banks before the first expansion. And thats just a simple example, the EQ2 annoying list is HUGE.

tl;dr Dont compare Blizzard to other developers, no one comes close. Maybe Valve .. but they need new IP's, not rehashed / stolen ones

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 14, 12:21 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back nin
  2. Apr 14, 12:24 Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Acleacius
  3. Apr 14, 12:35  Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Agent.X7
  4. Apr 14, 12:59   Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Frijoles
  5. Apr 14, 13:42    Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Rhett
  6. Apr 14, 13:48     Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Fion
  7. Apr 14, 14:04      Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Cutter
  8. Apr 14, 14:19      Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back NKD
  9. Apr 14, 14:50       Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back Fion
  10. Apr 14, 14:54        Re: World of Warcraft Welcome Back NKD