Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2012, 09:30 Prez

NKD wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 03:18:
Little reason to make up evidence. I think we all know there's plenty of copyrighted material on MegaUpload

But their is always reason to follow proper legal mandates, which was not done in this case by any stretch of the imagination. Being in the right does not give an organization free reign to act like the Gestapo.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2012, 07:39 Teddy

NKD wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 03:18:
Little reason to make up evidence. I think we all know there's plenty of copyrighted material on MegaUpload

They're not making up evidence, that's not the point. The entire arrest and seizure was illegal without the proper warrant, and the tape of the raid has vanished to hide the display of unnecessary force Kim Dotcom complained about when he was arrested in the first place.

Further, the US DoJ is still trying to claim it has the right to delete everything and refuse Dotcom's lawyer's access to any of the stored material (read: Evidence) prior to an actual trial.

This has sleaze written all over it.

12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2012, 03:18 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2012, 02:52 Veterator

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 21:09:
Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 17:11:
True. Things being lost when in police custody is pretty much them holding up a big sign saying that they are fixing the evidence. This whole case stinks of police across the globe doing the MAFIAA's bidding.

Not true. As an officer I get just as frustrated when the city/county loses my evidence. It actually hurts me more than it helps me on my cases.

But you're Batman, you should whip Alfred for not making copies.

10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 21:09 xXBatmanXx

Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 17:11:
True. Things being lost when in police custody is pretty much them holding up a big sign saying that they are fixing the evidence. This whole case stinks of police across the globe doing the MAFIAA's bidding.

Not true. As an officer I get just as frustrated when the city/county loses my evidence. It actually hurts me more than it helps me on my cases.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 20:04 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 20:02:
Its logical that the Author if he is the same, still hasn't figured out what a spellcheck is So 2 errors in 2 articles is continuity ,)

Well I'm not calling him that dumb, neither of those errors are spellcheckable. I just don't see how they remain there despite being so obvious and early on.

8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 20:02 eRe4s3r

Its logical that the Author if he is the same, still hasn't figured out what a spellcheck is So 2 errors in 2 articles is continuity ,)  

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 18:39 Tom

Maybe the cops decided they weren't happy about being compelled to do the bidding of private industry and this was their way of showing it.  

6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 17:12 Sepharo

The first two articles I read had glaring typos right at the beginning.

"MegaUplaod" in the linked article and then "quire" instead of "quite" in the first sentence of the article about the missing footage. Same author too.

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 17:11 Quboid

- Quboid

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 17:05 Teddy

Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 13:06:
humanity.faith++

Turns out, you can't just shrug off collateral damage and that people who aren't even accused of any crimes have rights too!

The whole story, including articles linked from this article is actually quite interesting.

The US authorities didn't have the proper warrant when they arrested him and took all his stuff, and tried to get the right warrant as an afterthought with the expectation that it would be retroactive.

Then they "lost" the video footage of the raid, which was safe and secure in police custody.

As shady as Dotcom is, the US DoJ is coming across as even shadier in this scenario.

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 15:43 eRe4s3r

I am actually surprised the hosting provider is taking this so well  

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 15:34 zirik

in the mean time youtube just keeps chugging along with their own version of piracy.  

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 14, 2012, 13:06 Quboid

humanity.faith++

Turns out, you can't just shrug off collateral damage and that people who aren't even accused of any crimes have rights too!

- Quboid

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo