Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website announces the launch of a new version 1.2: Legacy update for the Star Wars MMORPG. In addition to changes and bug-fixes, this also includes several free gifts: Subscribers receive a Tauntaun Ram Pet (just don't ride it out to the first marker), players with a level 50 or higher account receive 30 days of free game time, as well as a welcome back program which will offer former subscribers the chance to play for free from April 13-19.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:51 Blegvad

The free 30 days reeks of desperation.

SWTOR is in a sorry state. I was super interested in this game until I got into the closed beta and experienced it first hand. So many systems that people expect in a AAA MMO were missing at launch (UI, LFG, X-Realm PVP, etc). We let them know in the beta forums in agonizing detail for MONTHS about what the reaction to the game shipping in it's current state would be... and well, here we are.

It's a shame, but so many fundamental aspects of SWTOR are lacking on the design side that it's a turd in serious need of polishing and when you combine that with some very poor QA the results speak for themselves.

At least there might be another GW2 event soon!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:40 Angrius Maximis

What a crappy MMO

And a joke of a patch

15. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:08 Tumbler

I'll give them credit for this, they're trying to work with players. I wouldn't think about coming back without a free trial and now they'll let me play till the 19th for free now.

It's a shame this doesn't include more match finding improvements though because they only thing I'd want to do is play pvp for a bit. The operations and flash points are still too difficult to get games going. (unless I missed some improvement?)

And I liked doing space missions while I was leveling my characters and was hoping at 50 they'd make all the missions have some reward that you could do once a day. Last time I was in there was only 1 mission that earned you that daily commendation thing.

I don't see fixes for ilum...so no point in doing that. What good is the legacy system when everything you do with the characters is still the same as it was?

*Watching trailer* There are a few other new features, ui can be moved around, appearance can be changed a bit (colors?), some other misc stuff.

Once they add all the operations and flashpoints to that little button you use for pvp I'll be back. I have no interest in spending my time trying to form groups to run those missions. (which seem to be the primary thing you do at 50?)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 JohnBirshire

Every society has it's heaven/hell concept.

Uhh...not quite. The concept is actually extremely foreign in many societies.

But yeah, I thought it was an odd line as well, since religion itself is a seldom occurring concept in the Star Wars canon, other than the force. *which is ironically not really worshiped or even discussed much outside of Jedi/Sith circles*

I was happy with a lot of the changes, finally being able to scale down my interface was great, the ability to make your gear match is nice, I get into PvP battlegrounds instantly everytime I queue as Imperial now, and a free month was cool. *although my father who plays every single class and has characters in their 40's and the highest Legacy level was pissed*

13. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 12:03 Bhruic

Apparently when they did "maintenance" last night, they reverted some areas to pre-1.2, so now they've got about a 10hr downtime scheduled to fix things.

Well done there. *sigh*

12. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:58 Wallshadows

Now I can finally make a Miraluka Sith Juggernaut.

Awesome.

11. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:40 Bhruic

Read elsewhere that some players are pissed that it only applies to accounts with a lvl 50 character, but I guess you can't please everyone

Well, that is rather annoying. I could have got a level 50 char easily, but I wanted to check out some of the other stories, so I've been spreading my time among a bunch of other chars. So I'm going to miss out on 30 free days because I didn't stick to a single char.

But I guess there's really nothing short of "free 30 days for all" they could have done that wouldn't have been equally arbitrary.

10. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:32 El Pit

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 11:28:
El Pit wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 11:23:
Is it F2P yet? No? Then why did you call me, Bioware?

"IT'S A MESS EFFECT 3 WEEKEND!! WOOP! WOOP! PEW! PEW!"

Damn, hate to miss another me3 weekend. Don't happen often, do they, nin?

Busy playing SPAZ. Nice little game, quite addictive, although repetitive.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:30 Acleacius

They had to patch the patch last night, but honestly haven't seen it as busy as it was yesterday. I started an Agent recently and there were basically 180-200 people on the fleet and DK.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:28 nin

El Pit wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 11:23:

"IT'S A MESS EFFECT 3 WEEKEND!! WOOP! WOOP! PEW! PEW!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:23 El Pit

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 11:06 Cutter

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 09:55:
(just don't ride it out to the first marker)

"I'll see you in Hell!"

edit: Always thought that line was odd, since I was under the impression the concept of hell wasn't really discussed in SW.

Every society has it's heaven/hell concept. That aside, I always imagined Tauntaun tastes like pork.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 10:43 Eirikrautha

In best Robert Duvall voice:

Smell that? That's free gifts to a falling player-base. Once we had an MMO, falling numbers, losing subscribers. We called in marketing support, bombed that player-base for 2 months with free gifts, double XP, added playing time... When it was over, I logged on to the servers and all you could smell was that empty server smell, even with all the free gifts...

Smells like... desperation...

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2012, 10:54.

4. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 10:42 nin

Jivaro wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 10:38:
Free stuff is always welcome.

Read elsewhere that some players are pissed that it only applies to accounts with a lvl 50 character, but I guess you can't please everyone.

I get the feeling the rest of the year is going to be painful on TOR.

3. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 10:38 Jivaro

Free stuff is always welcome.  

2. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 ASeven

Hmmm... getting desperate, are we Bioware?  

1. Re: The Old Republic Update Bears Gifts Apr 13, 2012, 09:55 nin

(just don't ride it out to the first marker)

"I'll see you in Hell!"

edit: Always thought that line was odd, since I was under the impression the concept of hell wasn't really discussed in SW.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo