Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer

Rockstar Games now offers a new trailer from Max Payne 3, showing how the upcoming third person shooter will handle bullet time, the slow motion shooting mechanic that's one of the trademarks of the series. Word is: "Check out the latest video in the Design and Technology Series that shows how enhancements to this signature mechanic add a new level of drama and detail to the third person shooter."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 14, 2012, 00:29 Fantaz

Does anyone know if they will release modding tools for this on PC?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 22:57 Sepharo

Rhett wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 21:13:
Insta-buy because it's Rockstar, and I got so many hours out of the past two Max Payne games. RDR is still one of my favorites, too... You can just depend on their games to be well-made (at least, on consoles... I admit, I am a console gamer predominantly, for now).

I'm know the game quality will be great because I've been watching all the trailers Blue posts here. My $60 is more concerned about length of SP and quality of PC port.

7. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 22:42 Flatline

Rhett wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 21:13:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 19:57:
Very excited for this game but I'm going to have to wait for some reviews and word-of-mouth because of that $60 price.

Insta-buy because it's Rockstar, and I got so many hours out of the past two Max Payne games. RDR is still one of my favorites, too... You can just depend on their games to be well-made (at least, on consoles... I admit, I am a console gamer predominantly, for now).

Between this and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I expect May to be quite awesome. Oh, and Sniper Elite V2, but I'm waiting for that to drop in price, myself.

Rockstar didn't develop the previous 2 Max Paynes. Remedy did. I believe rockstar published them though.

The animation looks pretty tight, but other than that I'm not actually seeing how bullet time has "evolved", aside from set pieces that auto-kick in.

Oh, and fat Max doesn't strike me as the type to be quite so nimble. I've gotten over that part though.

6. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 21:13 Rhett

Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 19:57:
Very excited for this game but I'm going to have to wait for some reviews and word-of-mouth because of that $60 price.

Between this and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, I expect May to be quite awesome. Oh, and Sniper Elite V2, but I'm waiting for that to drop in price, myself.

5. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 19:57 Sepharo

4. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 18:52 xXBatmanXx

Zyrxil wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 10:57:
It's a shooter where headshots count for regaining bullet time. I don't see how this is even a question.

Exactly. Although GTA games are fun on a console (flame away but the long hours it takes to fully enjoy, I prefer the couch), the mouse is a MUST for sniping, etc.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 16:21 JeffD

I dunno, in the end the pc version is still the best gta4. Also the dot was targeting heads no more then a few pixels big, it was probably all done on a pc with mouse so that bolds well for us.

Also in the end it will come down to I wont touch a controller for a shooter. You can keep your gay assed auto aim.

2. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 10:57 Zyrxil

It's a shooter where headshots count for regaining bullet time. I don't see how this is even a question.  

1. Re: Max Payne 3 Bullet Time Trailer Apr 13, 2012, 09:54 SpectralMeat

This game looks so good.
Wonder what platform should I buy this for. I'd love to get it for the PC but if it will be in the state GTA4 was at release I might be better of getting it for the console.
Flame suit is zipped up

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2012, 10:01.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo