Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit

Spiderweb Software announces the release of the Windows PC edition of Avernum: Escape from the Pit, the latest installment in their throwback RPG series which is a reworking of Exile: Escape From the Pit. The game is available via digital distribution from Spiderweb Software and on Steam. Here's the outline of what the game offers:

• Epic fantasy adventure in an enormous underworld.
  • Huge outdoors and eighty towns and dungeons.
  • Three separate game-winning quests. Seek safety, escape or revenge. Do just one of them or all three!
  • Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
  • Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
  • Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 13, 2012, 10:04 Necrophob

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 08:58:
These indie games that are sub 15.00 really excite me. It is amazing how well these games are put together and the ability these small shops have. I called it a few years ago - but indie gaming is here full force. This is awesome. I am down to 3-4 big titles a year, unless they go on super sale. I get a lot more play time out of numerous games like this.

PC gaming is alive and well my friends. Bring back the 90s!

I agree. If indie devs keep putting out quality games, then I probably will very rarely buy a big studio game (D3 the exception).

Let the big studios die in the conflagration that is console "me too!" development. Real innovation is coming on the PC, from indies.

Eventually though, indies will come up with the next big thing, big studios will co-op it, and we'll have the next iteration of Modern Warfare.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 13, 2012, 08:58 xXBatmanXx

These indie games that are sub 15.00 really excite me. It is amazing how well these games are put together and the ability these small shops have. I called it a few years ago - but indie gaming is here full force. This is awesome. I am down to 3-4 big titles a year, unless they go on super sale. I get a lot more play time out of numerous games like this.

PC gaming is alive and well my friends. Bring back the 90s!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 12:03 Optional nickname

Yeah, I introduced myself to Avernum in the previous title to this one, and was hooked. Don't let it's simple or older graphical gameplay discourage you, it was one of the finest games I ever played, and enjoyed to read all the way through.

May play this gem till Diablo 3 hits, a great way to waste ~35 days.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 09:37 Necrophob

This guy knows how to write an interesting game. Played through a big chunk of Avadon on an iPad. Judging from the video, this one looks very similar. Fallout style grid-based turn-based combat.

His price point, even for older games, is a bit steep. This one is $20. However, the Avernum games are supposed to be rather large and are probably worth the money.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 09:23 gilly775

coldcut wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 07:49:
This looks interesting, I like old school RPGs The screens remind me of the good old SSI AD&D games, like Pool of Radiance, the Krynn series, and so on. I played each and every one of them back in the day (including drawing all the maps on paper).

Definitely need to check this one out, I guess (well, after Legend of Grimrock, that is)

I loved the original Exile from SpiderWeb back in the mid-90s. You can't go wrong with any of their games.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Avernum: Escape from the Pit Apr 12, 2012, 07:49 coldcut

This looks interesting, I like old school RPGs The screens remind me of the good old SSI AD&D games, like Pool of Radiance, the Krynn series, and so on. I played each and every one of them back in the day (including drawing all the maps on paper).

Definitely need to check this one out, I guess (well, after Legend of Grimrock, that is)

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo