Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Clues

NeoGAF has a cover image from Game Reactor magazine suggesting a Crysis 3 announcement is imminent. Eurogamer follows up noting some further detective work that builds the case for the unsurprising news that Crytek is working on the next installment in their first-person shooter series. They note Eurogamer.de has found German-specific search results for Crysis 3 for Xbox 360 on Origin, EA's digital platform, and offer a couple of images that have been dug up showing a new bow weapon. A post on inCrysis notes a tweet by Crytek's Cevat Yerli with this intriguing clue: "Ah I am very excited, a few more days to go...stay tuned."

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 19:20 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 16:37:
Make an entire campaign that can be played co-op, have your team deathmatch mode but also have a larger scale objective based multiplayer mode, something like rush from battlefield but with a crysis flair.

One game mode that harkens back to Starsiege Tribes is Defend and Destroy, two opposing bases with things like generators and communication towers that need to be defended/destroyed to win.

Still waiting for someone to pick that up and run with it, and waiting, and waiting.

There's a name for a AAA game that costs $59.99 without multiplayer, a rental.
Isn't that Quake Wars was all about? Not sure how popular that game got.
Any team based MP shooter that focuses on team work have to thread carefully because an individual persons online experience will depend on the team mates and the team work as well. That is why I believe CoD games are so popular because people can just lone wolf in MP. Good Team work is hard to come by these days.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 18:30 HorrorScope

Here I'll drop a whopper for ya'lls.... There will be a Crysis 3. Shocking I know. Sun rising in the east next AM.  

37. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 18:09 Ray Marden

It is not beloved by the masses, but Crysis 2 was actually one of the better shooters I have played in recent memory. I had to reset my expectations slightly, but it had some letal enemies, could be played as a stealth game or a pure action romp, looked great, had some unique set pieces, had useful weapons, and I did have a sense of completing something at the end of it.

It is not Far Cry, but it did rework the terrible aliens from the prior game. Part of it is the drastic change in tone that the first game took; it was abundantly clear that Crysis was going to move away from the "open world" approach.
And have you seen Far Cry? It is trying to kill itself.
Enjoying it as a shooter,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

36. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 17:59 zirik

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 10:30:
Yeah it's pretty nonsensical and poorly edited on top of that. I'm not sure if that's a translation problem or writing issue.

i was a bit confused at the end. correct me if im wrong but did prophets spirit or his consciousness end up being part of the upgraded nanosuit? so it must be safe to assume the third game will have alcatraz as the voice inside the suit. but he never spoke a word due to injuries in crysis 2. the only thing keeping him alive was the nanosuit. am i right?

35. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 17:37 Jackplug

will crysis 3 have more than just one alien on it to kill and will gameplay be in it this time??  

34. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 17:32 zirik

cevat yerli tweets without mentioning pc piracy?!  

33. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 17:24 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 16:26:
I personally think they should just scrap the whole tacked on MP and focus on the single player instead. I've had endless fun doing missions in Crysis 1 differently and trying to find new ways to kill the Ai, sneak around, hide and seek, or just go guns blazing nuts out. That was something I was missing from Crysis 2 it was a little too linear, but I did enjoy the game regardless.

+1

32. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 16:37 DangerDog

Make an entire campaign that can be played co-op, have your team deathmatch mode but also have a larger scale objective based multiplayer mode, something like rush from battlefield but with a crysis flair.

One game mode that harkens back to Starsiege Tribes is Defend and Destroy, two opposing bases with things like generators and communication towers that need to be defended/destroyed to win.

Still waiting for someone to pick that up and run with it, and waiting, and waiting.

There's a name for a AAA game that costs $59.99 without multiplayer, a rental.

31. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 16:26 SpectralMeat

What could they possibly do to Crysis MP to make it more interesting? Add vehicles? Make the environment destructible? Make a "horde" mode? What else is there that no other games have done in the past and a lot better then Crysis could ever pull off?
I personally think they should just scrap the whole tacked on MP and focus on the single player instead. I've had endless fun doing missions in Crysis 1 differently and trying to find new ways to kill the Ai, sneak around, hide and seek, or just go guns blazing nuts out. That was something I was missing from Crysis 2 it was a little too linear, but I did enjoy the game regardless.

30. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 16:21 PHJF

Multiplayer should have been the reason to play Crysis but they fucking fucked it up horribly. They need to outsource it to somebody who knows WTF they are doing.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 16:18 StingingVelvet

DangerDog wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 16:03:
They tried to capture the Battlefield audience with Crysis 1's multiplayer mode "power struggle", in the beta they were asking people what they thought and everyone was clamoring for more team play focus and that it lacked a "front line" approach to any of the battles so it was just pockets of action spread out too thin. Of course they ignored all the input, too close to release etc.

They tried to rekindle interest with the expansion, adding new maps and tweaking gameplay. Just never caught on.

So they completely abandoned it and went full retard with making Crysis 2 a call of duty clone right down to small team deathmatch maps. The salt on the wound was having paid map packs for a multiplayer component that felt dead on delivery.

It must have come as a shock to Yerli that nobody wanted to play his nano-suit version of call of duty.

Unless they've done some major re-thinking to the franchise this one will remain "on the shelf" for me.

Well multiplayer isn't the reason to play any of them really.

28. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 16:03 DangerDog

They tried to capture the Battlefield audience with Crysis 1's multiplayer mode "power struggle", in the beta they were asking people what they thought and everyone was clamoring for more team play focus and that it lacked a "front line" approach to any of the battles so it was just pockets of action spread out too thin. Of course they ignored all the input, too close to release etc.

They tried to rekindle interest with the expansion, adding new maps and tweaking gameplay. Just never caught on.

So they completely abandoned it and went full retard with making Crysis 2 a call of duty clone right down to small team deathmatch maps. The salt on the wound was having paid map packs for a multiplayer component that felt dead on delivery.

It must have come as a shock to Yerli that nobody wanted to play his nano-suit version of call of duty.

Unless they've done some major re-thinking to the franchise this one will remain "on the shelf" for me.

27. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 15:50 Tom46

I've always liked Crytek and wish them the best, despite some of their "missteps."

The real "Fly in the Ointment" is, of course, EA...who would gladly sell their mothers to the Turks if it would turn a profit.

26. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 15:40 NicklePop

Bought Crysis 2 the other day.

1-3 hours in: good game

3-5 hours in: meh

6 hours: i quit, this is a dumb console game

25. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 14:50 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:59:
I'd buy Crysis even with the activation. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 and the add-on, but I bought them for like $20 each, and I don't see myself ever playing them again.

So, while supporting something with the activations isn't a good thing, I'd pay $20 to play Crysis 3 once and then never think about it again. I'll play Crysis 2 when it's $20 or less (and when I have time) and never think about it again, too. Hell, it's likely been $20 already and I just never think about it in order to remember buying it...

Today is your lucky day. Wink Crysis 2 is avialable on Amazon for $7.49 (PC Download) or $19.22 (PC retail/box). There's your reminder to go do it. Wink

24. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 14:49 avianflu

I dearly miss the gigantic "attack anyway you want" levels from far cry 1.  

23. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 14:42 ASeven

On other news, Namco released the official PC version trailer of Dark Souls - Prepare to Die edition.  

22. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 14:40 Joss

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:35:
Why can't they just go and finally make that Dinosaur game they were using to showcase the original Crytek engine?
This! And with the ability to cook up some dinosaur meat over a fire. And possibly wear their skin as a trophy. I mean, why the fuck not?

21. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 14:26 SpectralMeat

I wonder if it is the same developer that did Crysis2 ?
It hasn't been that long since C2 came out only a year or so.

20. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 13:59 Beamer

I'd buy Crysis even with the activation. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 and the add-on, but I bought them for like $20 each, and I don't see myself ever playing them again.

So, while supporting something with the activations isn't a good thing, I'd pay $20 to play Crysis 3 once and then never think about it again. I'll play Crysis 2 when it's $20 or less (and when I have time) and never think about it again, too. Hell, it's likely been $20 already and I just never think about it in order to remember buying it...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo