Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm suffering a little this morning with what seems to be a bit of hay fever (I almost wrote spring fever, but that's different), as my head is all clogged up. I generally don't have allergies, but I had a bout like this a few years ago, and even though tree pollen counts in the area have gone from high to moderate over the past week, I'm assuming that this is what's going on here, as this isn't a head cold, and I don't really have any other explanation. Achoo!

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: That's my Dungeon.
Super Villainy.
Links: Matt Groening Lets Three-Eyed Fish Out Of The Lake On Location Of Springfield.
Garbage Pail Kids Book. Thanks Fly.
Stories: 'Game of Thrones' renewed for third season.
Headed to New York? Watch out for sleazy restaurant Nello.
Should hospitals ban obese employees? Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Dental X-Rays Linked To Common Brain Tumor. Thanks Slashdot.
Tennessee governor allows bill targeting science education to become law.
Media: Jedi Grandma.
Hero 'Lifeguard' Dog Saves Puppy From Drowning In Pool.
Jaws Film Restoration. Thanks nin.
In this Georgia Tech Class, your phone rings, you dance.
Auction: Space Shuttle telescope for sale.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 18:12 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:19:
jimnms wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:18:
Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 11:59:
And on the upside, 1 hour to LoG!!! Dunno why we can't preinstall it though. Oh well, I suppose it's not that a big a download but I'd rather have it ready to go for unlock.
It's time, but the LoG site is being hammered. Those of us that bought it direct from them, are they going to email us Steam keys or what. I'm going to play on Steam, but I bought it from the devs to support them and have the DRM free download option too. I wish they would have sent out the keys yesterday so we could have unlocked it on Steam at release time.

You should already have a code. When I plugged mine in, it said something about :Legend of Grimrock preorder in my games list. I'm assuming once steam updates it will replace that.

MUST RESIST GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Neck deep in Skyrim......can't buy.....new.....games.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 16:35 Cutter

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 16:05:
It's really cool how thrown items will re-equip to the proper character after combat. That got seriously tedious in older games. Some modern conveniences are nice

Yeah, but spellcasting seems rather cumbersome. I've asked in their forums is there's a quicker way to cast.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 16:31 Hoop

Tooth & gum issues can affect the sinus cavities.  

Um .. Behind you...

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 16:05 Verno

It's really cool how thrown items will re-equip to the proper character after combat. That got seriously tedious in older games. Some modern conveniences are nice  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 15:11 Cutter

Well, I'm loving LoG so far. Really fun kicking it old school, yo!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 14:51 jimnms

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 14:13:
Is it just the usual Paypal form letter type payment confirmation? I would search your spam folder for Humble or Grim, failing that you'll have to contact them directly

It's just the generic PayPal receipt email. I've already looked in my spam folder. I looked at everything the day of and after I pre-ordered. Someone on the official forums suggested using the key re-sender on the Humble Bundle site since the transaction goes through them, but all I got were links to past Humble Bundles I've bought. I've sent email to the the address on the Grimrock FAQ and Humble Bundle people, and I'm just sitting here waiting and a bit pissed.

MeanJim on Steam

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 14:13 Verno

jimnms wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 14:07:
I pre-ordered a week ago and the only email I got was from PayPal. I didn't get an email with any link or key.

Is it just the usual Paypal form letter type payment confirmation? I would search your spam folder for Humble or Grim, failing that you'll have to contact them directly

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 14:07 jimnms

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:44:
Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:39:
Click on the link in the original email you got and you'll now see a link for direct download. I just grabbed it too. Dunno why it's not unlocking on Steam.

Yeah, in the Humble store email you received as an order confirmation, it was present below the steam key. That's where I found mine anyway.

Funny thing is that Valve employees are playing it right now, grr! Guess Gaben has a lot on his plate Jester

I pre-ordered a week ago and the only email I got was from PayPal. I didn't get an email with any link or key.

MeanJim on Steam

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:49 Neutronbeam

Generic Zyrtec and menthol-eucalyptus drops are the answer--and sometimes with the drops I don't need the drug.

Pollen count a few weeks ago in Atlanta hit a record of above 9,300--up from the previous record of 6,000 something. The media here said a couple of years ago that a typical "high" pollen count is about 200...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:44 Verno

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:39:
Click on the link in the original email you got and you'll now see a link for direct download. I just grabbed it too. Dunno why it's not unlocking on Steam.

Yeah, in the Humble store email you received as an order confirmation, it was present below the steam key. That's where I found mine anyway.

Funny thing is that Valve employees are playing it right now, grr! Guess Gaben has a lot on his plate Jester

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:40 Cutter

Blue wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 12:37:
It's probably from BBQing on the cold, damp grass instead of a dry, toasty deck. I'd be sure to let Mrs. Blue know if I were you.

Yes!

It also just came to me that you can go to work on her subliminally as well. When you tell her and press your case to move to the deck, make sure to play Tom Waits Cold Cold Ground in the background.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:39 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:36:
You should already have a code. When I plugged mine in, it said something about :Legend of Grimrock preorder in my games list. I'm assuming once steam updates it will replace that.
When did you get it? All I got was a receipt from PayPal the day I ordered it.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:39 nin

jimnms wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:36:

I'd have to check my email at home. I didn't use paypal though.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:36 jimnms

MeanJim on Steam

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:23 Verno

Just checking out LoG on lunch break. Some of the UI icons look really low resolution, I hope this is a bug. Weird thing was that my steam key never unlocked, I just grabbed the humble direct download link and used that instead. Oh well!  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:19 nin

jimnms wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 13:18:
And on the upside, 1 hour to LoG!!! Dunno why we can't preinstall it though. Oh well, I suppose it's not that a big a download but I'd rather have it ready to go for unlock.
It's time, but the LoG site is being hammered. Those of us that bought it direct from them, are they going to email us Steam keys or what. I'm going to play on Steam, but I bought it from the devs to support them and have the DRM free download option too. I wish they would have sent out the keys yesterday so we could have unlocked it on Steam at release time.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:18 jimnms

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 13:12 Cutter

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 12:53:
Should hospitals ban obese employees?

If it doesn't really affect their ability to do their job then no.

Although I think there is an amusing contradiction in our society where smokers are being treated like lepers but its socially acceptable to be fat. I realize not everyone has a choice in that but I daresay that's a minority of the sample. Biggie size those sodas I guess!

And poverty/low wages increases obesity because of several well-known factors. So, someone out of work and broke is going to be depressed and not eating well, this in turn is only going to get worse when assholes like this hospital tell them their fat pigs and won't hire them because of that alone. If those assholes really cared so much about health they'd care about mental health too. They'd actually go out of their way to hire obese people then offer them incentives and aid in getting fit and healthy. No, this is just discrimination plain and simple.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 12:53 Verno

Should hospitals ban obese employees?

If it doesn't really affect their ability to do their job then no.

Although I think there is an amusing contradiction in our society where smokers are being treated like lepers but its socially acceptable to be fat. I realize not everyone has a choice in that but I daresay that's a minority of the sample. Biggie size those sodas I guess!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2012, 12:37  Blue 

It's probably from BBQing on the cold, damp grass instead of a dry, toasty deck. I'd be sure to let Mrs. Blue know if I were you.

Yes!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo