Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released

The Mass Effect Twitter Feed has word that the free Resurgence Pack DLC is now available for Mass Effect 3, with the PC edition available through Origin. The official website for the action/RPG sequel has details on the pack and the previously released launch trailer.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 16:59 Quinn

At first I was enthusiastic. Then I woke up the next morning, and something had died inside.

ME is dead to me, I realized. The ending caused it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 11:14 Dr. D. Schreber

When they announced this, I started hording my in-game credits, not buying any supply boxes so I could buy a ton when it dropped to get the new characters.

Eleven Spectre boxes later, and I have...

None of them.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 10:43 Jivaro

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:59:
What's the state of TOR these days anyway? A buddy of mine used to play but doesn't really talk about it anymore.

If you never liked it in the first place...you still won't.

If you liked it but got bored because you didn't sleep from launch until you hit 50...the legacy patch tomorrow might keep you entertained until Friday.

If you like the game, probably because you like the class story lines and like to have alts, it is about to have a bunch of things added that should have been there at launch tomorrow.

If you just hate MMOs, you still will.

I think I covered all the bases there.

20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 09:59 Verno

What's the state of TOR these days anyway? A buddy of mine used to play but doesn't really talk about it anymore.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 09:56 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 07:13:
What hate? ME3 is a great game, it's just that ending that's abysmal

I was refering to the general Bioware FAIL mode that started somewhere around their aquisition by EA. Here are a few general reasons why I avoid Bioware games and urge others to do the same:

1) Simplification and catering to the lowest common denominator (Example: Dragon Age 2)
2) Marketing and Hype, over substance and quality (Example: ME3 Ending, DA2, SWOTOR)
3) Short term pursuit of profit, instead long term customer satisfaction (Example: SWOTOR, Dragon Age 2)
4) EA Software and all that it entails...(look @ above for guidelines)

I could go into more detail but Im sure thats not really necessary. Last game I bought from them was Mass Effect 2, it was a pretty fun game but from the cheezy terminator ending of that one I could see the writing on the wall for ME3 and choose to ignore the whole game.

I really used to like Bioware, you know when they actually made quality games. With Dragon Age I thought they were getting back on track, however that was the last truly great game from them

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 09:42 necrosis

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:07:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 23:02:
I thought free DLC on Xbox was a Microsoft no-no.

IIRC the first "content" release is a freebie but they usually qualify patches as such. You can release free DLC on the Xbox 360 but it costs a lot of money to go through certification and Microsoft has to approve it all on a case by case basis. It's XBLA/XLBIM where they don't like free content at all.
Yeah I think it had to do with what stuff was classified as and what the new data did. Because Valve's "patches" had so much new shit they had to classify it as DLC which in turn had to be pay. If it only contained bug fixes then it could have been pushed for free.

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 09:07 Verno

IIRC the first "content" release is a freebie but they usually qualify patches as such. You can release free DLC on the Xbox 360 but it costs a lot of money to go through certification and Microsoft has to approve it all on a case by case basis. It's XBLA/XLBIM where they don't like free content at all.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 07:25 Iurand

InBlack wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 05:05:
Then again gamers are famous for NOT voting with their wallets,

I thought, we kinda voted with our wallets with Bulletstorm? Or it was torrents? I'm PC player, so I often confuse both of them.

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 07:13 eRe4s3r

What hate? ME3 is a great game, it's just that ending that's abysmal  

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 06:12 Klaus Flouride

I think I am the only person that played this game and liked the ending. I got my monies worth out of the game.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 05:05 InBlack

Im still amazed that Derek posts here from time to time, what with all the Bioware hate going around. Then again gamers are famous for NOT voting with their wallets, so not all the blame can be placed on Bioware alone. As long as people keep buying it, they will keep shoveling it...  

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 04:10 hello newman

We're pretty
A pretty vacant
We're pretty
A pretty vacant
And we don't care

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGhYJssCZQM

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 03:35 bigspender

n/a  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 03:32 bigspender

entr0py wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 00:56:
. . . Okay, how are you supposed to get the free DLC?

I see nothing new on Origin. If I check for updates for the game within Origin, it says none are found. If I go into multi-player, there aren't any new character classes to choose from, or new maps.

I'm pretty sure it's not downloaded. And there's surprisingly nothing in any of the links above about how to get it.

EDIT: I finally found the solution. Why they thought people would just know to do this is beyond me. How to download

my DLC pack auto downloaded through origin - didn't have to do anything to get it (other than start origin)

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 03:04 ShakaUVM

CrushBug wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 23:18:
Not at all.
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 21:22:
Lol, so somebody put this DLC on Xbox Live at the cost of $4, and apparently a bunch of people bought it.
There was an error in the Xbox Marketplace that posted an incomplete version of Resurgence for a cost. This item was not the map pack and was unpurchasable; it would result in an error if you tried. We have no confirmed reports of a successful purchase. If anyone managed to complete this purchase, have them contact us and we will work with Microsoft to get this issue reverted/resolved.
Can you get a refund for buying the Jarvik DLC and then not having him appear in your game? :p

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 00:56 entr0py

. . . Okay, how are you supposed to get the free DLC?

I see nothing new on Origin. If I check for updates for the game within Origin, it says none are found. If I go into multi-player, there aren't any new character classes to choose from, or new maps.

I'm pretty sure it's not downloaded. And there's surprisingly nothing in any of the links above about how to get it.

EDIT: I finally found the solution. Why they thought people would just know to do this is beyond me. How to download

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 01:18.

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 00:03 bigspender

looking forward to being a melee focused krogan vanguard!  

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 10, 2012, 23:18  CrushBug 

Not at all.
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 21:22:
Lol, so somebody put this DLC on Xbox Live at the cost of $4, and apparently a bunch of people bought it.
There was an error in the Xbox Marketplace that posted an incomplete version of Resurgence for a cost. This item was not the map pack and was unpurchasable; it would result in an error if you tried. We have no confirmed reports of a successful purchase. If anyone managed to complete this purchase, have them contact us and we will work with Microsoft to get this issue reverted/resolved.

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 10, 2012, 23:02 Sepharo

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 10, 2012, 22:51 NegaDeath

Time to go Geth me a new infiltrator.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo