Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Via Digital Distribution

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 18:43 Bhruic

Man, I remember the video (song) at the end of Darkstone... I actually enjoyed it at the time - now it'd be pretty dated. Good game tho', don't think it was a big commercial success.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 13:45 Ant

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:08:
I have faith in Rockstar and Max. What else would I buy with the money, iphones and silly WoW horsies? Be serious
You could donate money to me!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 10:24 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:57:
Hmm thanks for the heads up on that Spectral, didn't even know there was a remake coming out. The first game was surprisingly fun, I think I bought it 4-5 years ago and had a blast. Some of the missions were poorly balanced but other than that it was one of the better WWII shooters I've played. I was surprised at how creative some of the goals and stuff were, I thought the whole game would just be sniping nazis in a sandbox or something.

No you have some other weapons too and sometimes you have to do some knife kills to silently take down enemies, but the demo at least was mostly built around being stealthy and try to stay undetected and snipe your enemies from afar.
You also get some choices how to kill enemies like for example wait for them to bunch up and then shoot the grenade on the belt of one of them to blow them to pieces or take them out one by one, or take your Thompson out and go guns blazing.
Check out youtube for some gameplay vids, I personally really like the demo even though it was on the console, I expect the PC graphics to be 10X better so it is pretty much a preorder for me.
The original game is also on sale on Steam for $2.50 or something like that.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 09:57 Verno

Hmm thanks for the heads up on that Spectral, didn't even know there was a remake coming out. The first game was surprisingly fun, I think I bought it 4-5 years ago and had a blast. Some of the missions were poorly balanced but other than that it was one of the better WWII shooters I've played. I was surprised at how creative some of the goals and stuff were, I thought the whole game would just be sniping nazis in a sandbox or something.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

8. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 09:17 SpectralMeat

I think I am going to order Sniper Elite V2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/
I gave the xbox demo a try last night and I've had a blast. That xray slow mo camera showing your bullet ripping through the guys skull breaking bones and even simulates the bullet deformation as it hit the target is just so satisfying.
The PC demo should be out soon according to the devs. The game is also Steam Works title.

7. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 09:08 Verno

I have faith in Rockstar and Max. What else would I buy with the money, iphones and silly WoW horsies? Be serious  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 11, 2012, 01:03 Tomas

Absolutely loved darkstone back in the day. It was one of those titles I just picked up off a shelf without any real knowledge of how good it might be. Very glad I did. Played that in co-op for many, many long nights. Fantastic fun! Still have the box sitting on my shelf with other favorite titles from over the years.  

5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 10, 2012, 23:57 Sepharo

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:40:
So did you all get your preorders in for Max Payne? Steam gives you MP1 and 2 as a gift for preordering.

This line

Contains eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2

Yo dawg we put some Max Payne in your Max Payne so you can Max Payne while you Max Payne.

4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 10, 2012, 23:30 xXBatmanXx

Saints Row: The Third - Nyte Blayde and Special Ops Vehicle DLCs on Steam.

DLC? I just steal em!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 10, 2012, 22:01 Acleacius

Nice to see Darkstone!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 10, 2012, 20:40 SpectralMeat

So did you all get your preorders in for Max Payne? Steam gives you MP1 and 2 as a gift for preordering.  

1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 10, 2012, 20:34 nin

I really need to start that second playthrough of SR...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo