Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations

A S.T.A.L.K.E.R. tweet points the way to a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 animation video that shows some character animations from the upcoming shooter sequel. Subsequent tweets indicate this was created by a former employee and that the game, which has faced rumors of cancellation amid the possibility that developer GSC Game World may close, still does not have a release date. Thanks Eurogamer.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 11, 2012, 06:12 theyarecomingforyou

Acleacius wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:11:
Atm this is the one company I fear trying a kickstarter. They really seem to have trouble setting goals and dates. Took them 7 years to get the first one out and half the content was cut, just to release. It would cause me to think they could never complete and everyone would just lose their money.
Actually, funding seems to be their biggest issue and Kickstarter could be a way around that.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 11, 2012, 02:41 Wildone

Its expensive to run physics on every AI character even now its why..  

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 18:11 Acleacius

Atm this is the one company I fear trying a kickstarter. They really seem to have trouble setting goals and dates. Took them 7 years to get the first one out and half the content was cut, just to release. It would cause me to think they could never complete and everyone would just lose their money.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 17:03 Aero

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:32:
Am I the only one that thought the blood sucker was giving that guy a...you know what it's not that important.

I was actually thinking (seriously), that it would be a lot creepier looking if it had a dong. I know, I know, but think about it.

6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 15:22 siapnar

They should just rent a mo-cap studio for the day, bang out all the animations and then tweak them later to their liking.

They can outsource this kinda stuff, too.

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 14:45 eRe4s3r

Theres also no mimic in the animations, which makes it look even more generic.  

4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 13:20 Cutter

born2expire wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:09:
Most wanted game for me, I hope they take their time and do it right

Like Mr. T, I pity the foos who haven't played Stalker yet.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 12:07 theyarecomingforyou

I really wish games would make proper use of physics for animations, for both collision detection (i.e. no clipping) and gravity. STALKER is a PC exclusive franchise so why not take advantage of DirectCompute in DX11 to drive physics and work to the strengths of the platform?

There's nothing really wrong with the animations here but there's nothing to get excited about either. It just looks generic.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 11:32 Rattlehead

Am I the only one that thought the blood sucker was giving that guy a...you know what it's not that important.  

1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Animations Apr 10, 2012, 11:09 born2expire

Most wanted game for me, I hope they take their time and do it right  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo