Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access

NCsoft is now accepting pre-purchases of Guild Wars 2, saying these will entitle customers to participate in weekend beta events and to get a three day head start in the MMORPG sequel when it launches. Pre-purchases are being accepted through the Guild Wars 2 Website and the retailers listed on this page. The occasion is also being promoted with this trailer.

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:53 Xoxotl

Despite Amazon being on the list, it appears that pre-ordering from Amazon will not grant you access into the beta, and you will only get a one-day head start.  

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:47 Endo

I was interested in this game for years (ever since the March 2007 PC Gamer article about it actually) until I found out how much more restricted and dumbed-down the skill system is compared to the first GW. Since then, I just can't bring myself to care. For me, the dynamic skill system was by far the best part of GW.  

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:30 Blegvad

Exciting times indeed!

Hopefully another beta weekend will happen soon, the last one may or may not have been fun for people who might have gotten in. =)

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:24 Alamar

That was a rather disappointing video... Was hoping something new and interesting would be in there... The shatterer was cool back in '09 ; )

I'm looking forward to GW2, even if it is just more of the same fedex/kill quests in a new world, branded as dynamic... And as long as the combat is good, I'll likely level everything to max... Just too bad there's nothing significant to do there ; )

I do hope some of their 'additions to the genre' stick, even though it seems to take a decade for others to catch on to the previous ones (like public quests, global names, etc).

-Alamar

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:16 Yakubs

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:29:
I don't really like level and class-based systems anymore. It's too restricting, and I don't like having alts. I like the idea that I can eventually learn all the skills and switch things out to utilize them as needed. Similar to EVE Online or The Secret World, for example.

So, if you didn't like GW2 for personal reasons then why are you bothering to blog-- I mean, post about it?

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 11:14 Bucky

Purchased. Now they need to get a beta weekend going!  

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:52 Titus

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:29:
I don't really like level and class-based systems anymore. It's too restricting, and I don't like having alts. I like the idea that I can eventually learn all the skills

Fair enough. Haven't seen a system like that pulled off successfully yet. Even when it's theoretically possible, like Eve, you'd need ages of training, and will be gimped against more specialized characters of the same 'age'. One can always hope it'll be done though, however I doubt Funcom will be able to pull it off.

I'm not much into alts myself, but found out it's the repetition of content I hate about it. I hope different class mechanics, personal storylines, dynamic zones and switching between PvP and PvE for levelling will alleviate that problem.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:29 NKD

Titus wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:18:
NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:08:
I wanted a more detailed and freeform character advancement system with more choice

I wonder what you expected / wanted then. You're not locked into one of the 'holy trinity' roles, there's tons of weapon / skill choices that can be switched in / out of combat, and there's customisation to your playstyle in the form of talents and traits.

I haven't seen it's equal in either MMO or SP RPG's.

I don't really like level and class-based systems anymore. It's too restricting, and I don't like having alts. I like the idea that I can eventually learn all the skills and switch things out to utilize them as needed. Similar to EVE Online or The Secret World, for example.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:18 Titus

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:08:
I wanted a more detailed and freeform character advancement system with more choice

I wonder what you either expected or wanted then. You're not locked into one of the 'holy trinity' roles, there's tons of weapon / skill choices that can be switched in / out of combat, and there's customisation to your playstyle in the form of talents and traits.

I haven't seen it's equal in either MMO or SP RPG's.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2012, 10:28.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:08 NKD

I was kind of disappointed with the time I got with GW2. Don't think I'll be giving it another shot. I wanted a more detailed and freeform character advancement system with more choice, and I'm also kind of tired of generic fantasy.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:07 Titus

nin wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:05:
Do you need your anet account info (login) to purchase?

You need your original anet account to link your GW1 account to this one. However, this can be done separately after buying during the registration phase.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:05 nin

Do you need your anet account info (login) to purchase? I got as far as the CC page where it say "complete purchase", but I left my login details at home, and I'm at work...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 10:03 Titus

It's rumored the next beta will be the weekend of the 20th. Got my account this morning as well.

I've been playing a few decent filler MMO's (Rift & SWToR) while waiting for GW2. Now is the time for the game that will finally demolish genre conventions for the first time since EQ launched in 1999.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2012, 10:23.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 09:51 wtf_man

Already done, earlier this morning!  

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo