Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access

NCsoft is now accepting pre-purchases of Guild Wars 2, saying these will entitle customers to participate in weekend beta events and to get a three day head start in the MMORPG sequel when it launches. Pre-purchases are being accepted through the Guild Wars 2 Website and the retailers listed on this page. The occasion is also being promoted with this trailer.

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

74. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 11:31 Titus

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 23:48:
Go look again. It is 1x with a limit. It isn't forever. The banker is for 5 hours.

Yeah none of them seem unreasonable. I don't know why people continue to think this will be pay to win

In this case it's not about the implications of the cash shop, but if the Digital Deluxe Edition is good value. I agree that 20€ for one elite (summon pet) skill, a non-combat pet, and 3 one time use items is a bit steep.

Then again, there's people plonking down 25€ for a My Little Pony mount in other games, and there's the standard Digital Edition for people with more sense than money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

73. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 11:16 Verno

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 11:06:
Of course not, and that wasn't even implied, let alone stated. Lighten up Francis.

Touchey touchey, it was just a "to be fair" statement, lighten up Hulka

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 11:22.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

72. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 11:06 Wowbagger_TIP

Verno wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 09:04:
Except that given the history of certain GOP members, that wouldn't actually surprise me to learn that about Santorum.

The Dems are totally free of their own embarrassing members of course
Of course not, and that wasn't even implied, let alone stated. Lighten up Francis.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

71. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 09:17 wtf_man

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:41:
Well I already mentioned that I didn't feel there was enough choice and customization for characters. (Both visually and mechanically.) Other than that, my biggest dislike was probably the setting. I didn't feel engaged. It didn't make me care about what was going on. Hell, it wasn't even clear to me what exactly WAS going on. Wasn't a big fan of the art style either, but that's pure preference. I didn't get to test everything obviously, but I felt the content was too easy. Like, really easy. Maybe that changes later down the road, I can't say. But I didn't like what I did play. The dynamic event stuff felt shallow, with the differences between a lot of them being pretty minimal. I'm not sure this is the solution to the quest grind. But we'll see.

Wow! Just about every press preview says the exact opposite of everything you just mentioned. I believe the customization comes later in the game, as it does most games. This game doesn't hold your had like WoW... you see something bad going on... you choose to go help or not. Period. As for difficulty, there are plenty of videos showing people getting wiped.

That said.... I don't know first hand since I have not been in the beta. I am going by press preview articles I have read, and long preview gameplay videos that I have watched, to back those up.

It LOOKS good, so far, but for all I know... it could get boring after a while... as many recent MMOs have had retention problems... BUT, since there is no fee, even if I only last a month or two... I got my moneys worth, so the risk is minimal, IMO.

70. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 11, 2012, 09:04 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 23:48:
Go look again. It is 1x with a limit. It isn't forever. The banker is for 5 hours.

Yeah none of them seem unreasonable. I don't know why people continue to think this will be pay to win, I haven't really seen any indication they are doing anything unbalanced with their micro stuff. There's a much easier case to make with Diablo 3 and the auction house IMO.

Except that given the history of certain GOP members, that wouldn't actually surprise me to learn that about Santorum.

The Dems are totally free of their own embarrassing members of course

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

69. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 23:48 xXBatmanXx

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:25:
Ouch. Looking at the CE....this is going to be a very heavy micro transaction game. 3-4 of the items you get in the CE are 1x use. WTF!?

If it is going to be like that, why not make the game 29.99 like the others? Or free?
IIRC, those 1-time use items have permanent effects though. Of course that doesn't mean that this still won't be micro-trans heavy.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

68. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 22:24 Dades

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:30:
I've never had a problem because I actually know what I'm doing. Same way I've never needed anti-virus software and I've never had a virus. Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Hipster mentality? You're running old software with known exploits and you don't use anti-virus software. No one is going to cry because you chose IE instead of Chrome but you might be better served by using a recent, fully supported version. It's trivial to modify it to visually look like IE8 if that's what is holding you back.

67. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:43 dubfanatic

Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Actually most people that rag on IE8 and previous do so because they are shitty browsers that were obsolete before they were even released and set back the progress of web technologies by several years. IE10 is actually a good browser and you won't hear me hate on it at all. But hey, enjoy the company of all the 60-year-olds running eMachines browsing the web as if it was still 2006.

66. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:40 dubfanatic

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:04:
Most people use IE8. Between blocking 3rd party cookies and using the private browser I don't need another browser. And I actually prefer it over other browsers. IE9 sucks though, and I hear 10 is even worse. Firefox is ok but awkward and Chrome is just horribly clumsy and ugly.

pffhfhahahahahaha

65. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:24 eunichron

nin wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 21:08:
Well, it won't take my card, either. Instantly says error processing request. eunichron, did you ever get a card to work?

edit: My god! It worked in IE and not FF! It's like Cutter is the second coming!

No, I never did get it to take my card. I just let it go through with PayPal when that worked. I never did try another browser though (using Chrome, btw).

64. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:13 NKD

eunichron wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:50:

Hahaha. Good point.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

63. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:08 nin

Well, it won't take my card, either. Instantly says error processing request. eunichron, did you ever get a card to work?

edit: My god! It worked in IE and not FF! It's like Cutter is the second coming!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

62. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:50 eunichron

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:43:
I've never had a problem because I actually know what I'm doing. Same way I've never needed anti-virus software and I've never had a virus. Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Did I cross into the alternate universe? Finding out Cutter uses IE8 is like finding out that Rick Santorum frequents gay BDSM clubs.

61. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:43 NKD

Did I cross into the alternate universe? Finding out Cutter uses IE8 is like finding out that Rick Santorum frequents gay BDSM clubs.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

60. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:36 nin

Same way I've never needed anti-virus software and I've never had a virus.

And how do you know?

59. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:30 Cutter

Dades wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:24:
Most people use IE8. Between blocking 3rd party cookies and using the private browser I don't need another browser. And I actually prefer it over other browsers. IE9 sucks though, and I hear 10 is even worse. Firefox is ok but awkward and Chrome is just horribly clumsy and ugly.

It's like opposite day around here. Kaptain Science threatening to put people on ignore which is like some lunatic yelling that he'll give you a winning lottery ticket and you all of people actually still use old, exploitable versions of IE.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

58. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:24 Dades

It's like opposite day around here. Kaptain Science threatening to put people on ignore which is like some lunatic yelling that he'll give you a winning lottery ticket and you all of people actually still use old, exploitable versions of IE.

57. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:11 nin

Most people use IE8.

Rhut row!

56. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:04 Cutter

dubfanatic wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:39:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:11:
Who the fuck doesn't support IE8?

A better question is, who the fuck still uses IE8 in 2012?

http://www.mozilla.org
https://www.google.com/chrome
http://www.opera.com

Take your pick.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

55. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 19:59 HorrorScope

Dades wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:12:
eunichron wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:54:
Tried 3 different cards and it keeps saying card information invalid.

NCSoft, WHY WON'T YOU TAKE MY MONEY?!

Do you know if this game going to have an open beta period or stress test?

They are not. Reitterated today by Anet.

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo