Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions

Analyst outraged by outrage: "I am certain that the ‘fan outrage’ has not hurt sales, and perhaps has helped sales," says Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter. "Unfortunately, appeasing the whiners here will only encourage fans to be even more vocal next time, so the lingering issue is that gamers will feel even more entitled and empowered than they have in the past, and will be even more demanding about changes to future games." Thanks Joao.

View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

3. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 11:08 Verno

It's especially amusing given how widespread the disappointment for DA2 and ME3 was. I've never seen both sides of communities so unified in something like that before.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 11:04 Jivaro

The very fact that he condescends to the fans, the paying customers, by referring to them as entitled whiners, as if as paying customers they don't have a right to be upset with a product that under-performs or falls short of expectations, indicates just how much of a dick he is.

He benefits from the customer base being predictable sheep that just take anything spit their direction, so his opinion....regardless of the baseless crap he has spewed in the past...means very little to the industry or to the customers.

1. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 10:47 Verno

Funny, it didn't seem to do Dragon Age 2 any favors but thanks for playing Mike.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo