Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Epic Making PC Exclusive Game

"We might be working on a PC-only title," said Epic's Mike Capps during a PAX East panel, reports Joystiq, saying Cliff Bleszinski followed this more concretely, saying: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game." After the panel Capps confirmed to them that this project is underway and that they currently plan on it being a PC exclusive, but no other details were offered.

View
98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

38. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 19:09 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:49:
Anyway I take "PC exclusive " to mean "MMOG".
Maybe by PC exclusive he means Facebook game

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:56 Dmitri_M

dbl post  

36. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:54 Dmitri_M

I could see them creating a high budget graphical showcase of their next engine on PC. It's the only platform where that's possible. The previous generation of consoles are maxed out. The next generation are a ways off. Perhaps they're doing it now in this middle period. Long term they're still a console dev.  

35. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:49 Prez

Oy vey-STFU about piracy already. You abandoned the PC because the console games sell more, even mediocre games can do big numbers. Anyway I take "PC exclusive " to mean "MMOG".  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:48 007Bistromath

I bet ten bucks it's still a consolized piece of garbage.  

33. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:48 xXBatmanXx

Laughable.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

32. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:48 ASeven

Slashman wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:46:
"it killed a lot of great independent developers and completely changed our business model."

Are these the same independent developers who are pretty much making all their money from PC games nowadays? How do they do that?

Magic!

31. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:46 Slashman

"it killed a lot of great independent developers and completely changed our business model."

Are these the same independent developers who are pretty much making all their money from PC games nowadays? How do they do that?

30. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:45 creatorswhim

Jazz Jackrabbit 4ever  

29. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:43 Beelzebud

"it killed a lot of great independent developers"

Yeah just ask Valve. What a crock of shit. In hindsight that statement is even more idiotic than when he first made it, when you look at the indie game scene on PC compared to consoles. People have literally gotten rich off of PC gamers in the time after he spouted off this nonsense.

28. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:40 ASeven

Ahem...

“If you walked into [Epic's Offices] six years ago,” said Capps, “Epic was a PC company. We did one PS2 launch title, and everything else was PC. And now, people are saying ‘Why do you hate the PC? You’re a console-only company.’”

“And guess what?” he says, “It’s because the money’s on console.”

“We still do PC, we still love the PC, but we already saw the impact of piracy: it killed a lot of great independent developers and completely changed our business model.” Capps discusses the rise of free-to-play microtransaction based games, like Farmville, the “biggest game of all right now.”

“So, maybe Facebook will save PC gaming,” he concludes, “but it’s not going to look like Gears of War.”

Source

Get fucked, Epic. Now that you see your cashcows drying up you come back to the PC as if all your fucking insults to all PC gamers never happened? Get fucked.

27. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:25 Jivaro

Acleacius wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:04:
This is bullshit, if cliffy is involved it will suck. He has driven Epic off a cliff with his pedestrian designs.

Just glad Sweeney has given Epic some dignity with his amazing engine.

Eric? Is that you?

26. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:13 Trevellian

What I stated was not an exact quote from him. It was a summarizing of his attitude towards PC gaming since becoming a "Huge success" because of Gears of War (God forbid he should remember he wouldn't even have a career if it wasn't for the PC and the success of Unreal)

His ability to pull a 180 on the PC gaming community and POKE at them and say they're "grumpy" (and that one is an exact quote) because they didn't get a PC demo for Bulletstorm is just appalling. Then he goes to GDC and starts sucking PC cock and telling people to make games for it. He can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

25. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:09 Lorcin

Being able to run any UE3 game is the minimum standard for PC gaming atm. Having a game which I assume will be running on UE4 should set our PCs a new benchmark to last another 5 or so years.

If the rumours are true my 2 year old desktop should be able to hold it's own against a PS4 - anything Epic release now is just going to confirm or disprove that.

24. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:07 Beelzebud

Judging by the reaction here, I'd say spending the last five years insulting the customers that helped build their company, wasn't the best strategy for them.  

23. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 18:04 Acleacius

This is bullshit, if cliffy is involved it will suck. He has driven Epic off a cliff with his pedestrian designs.

Just glad Sweeney has given Epic some dignity with his amazing engine.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

22. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:52 Wallshadows

Pretty much what others have said.

They're getting good at making shitty, shiny 'new' games and they saw they couldn't do this anymore on current-generation consoles. Now they feel as though they can lead the PC community with a carrot on the stick to give the impression that they care when they will damn well play the piracy card once next gen comes out where the PC community which built them up are given bad ports to terrible games.

I'm not buying it and I say fuck 'em, even if they release a new Unreal title.

21. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:36 reisub

Hopefully it's a showcase for their next engine. UE4 Jazz Jackrabbit?  

20. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:28 Dmitri_M

I remember Blahzinski and another well known Epic spouting that stuff.

This sounds like a direct reaction to the people willing to throw money at PC kickstarters. Money talks? Even if it is "small" quantities like 3 million relative to the money poured in multiplatform titles, I'm sure that PR whore can't resist jumping on the bandwagon.

"Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

Cool bro. You expect what, we loose our minds with excitement?

19. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:23 SpectralMeat

eunichron wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 17:03:
Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:53:
Drezden wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:46:
Good luck selling any copies to all those "pirating, self absorbed, entitled" PC gamers that you so lovingly insulted.

Did Bleszinski actually use those words? Can you give me a link?

Yeah, that made me WTF so I looked around and all I could find were references to a 2010 interview where Mike Capps said that they switched to console focus because there was more money in consoles than in PCs (because of piracy) Link. As hard as I looked I didn't find any official statement from Epic that openly insulted PC gamers in that manner.

I think it was mostly twitter posts from Blezsinski commenting on PC gamers when Bulletstorm launched. I think Blues had a news story about it too at the time.

Steam: SpectralMeat

98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo