Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Epic Making PC Exclusive Game

"We might be working on a PC-only title," said Epic's Mike Capps during a PAX East panel, reports Joystiq, saying Cliff Bleszinski followed this more concretely, saying: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game." After the panel Capps confirmed to them that this project is underway and that they currently plan on it being a PC exclusive, but no other details were offered.

View
98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

18. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:18 vermin

if it's unreal 3. proper unreal game, like unreal1, no bullshit. and they change their company name back to epic megagames--I might be interested. maybe.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:03 eunichron

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:53:
Drezden wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:46:
Good luck selling any copies to all those "pirating, self absorbed, entitled" PC gamers that you so lovingly insulted.

Did Bleszinski actually use those words? Can you give me a link?

Yeah, that made me WTF so I looked around and all I could find were references to a 2010 interview where Mike Capps said that they switched to console focus because there was more money in consoles than in PCs (because of piracy) Link. As hard as I looked I didn't find any official statement from Epic that openly insulted PC gamers in that manner.

16. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:53 Quboid

Drezden wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:46:
Good luck selling any copies to all those "pirating, self absorbed, entitled" PC gamers that you so lovingly insulted.

Did Bleszinski actually use those words? Can you give me a link?

- Quboid

15. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:49 eunichron

World of Unreal, a subscription based MMORPG set in the world of Unreal pitting the human and Nali alliance against the unified horde of Skaarj and Krall. There is also the promise that there will never, ever, be pandas.  

14. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:46 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

13. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:38 Overon

I bet it's some casual PC game.  

12. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:27 Ruffiana

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 14:27:
Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 14:09:
This strikes me more as croporate politics in that they're sending MS and Sony a message about getting new consoles out as opposed to actually caring about PC gaming.

Or more likely Epic can only say "PC exclusive" because the other platforms haven't been officially announced yet. You can bet your ass after MS and Sony reveal the next gen consoles the story will change.

That's not necessarily true. Any developer will target the platform(s) they think they can make the most money from. If the current gen of consoles are really at the age where it's impossible to create the kind of game you want to make, that leaves the PC. And even if the next-gen of consoles is released during the same timeframe, they still need time to build a customer base before they could be seriously considered in lieu of the PC market.

11. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:25 Halo

PC only title that is configured to be played with a 360 controller.  

10. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:20 RaZ0r!

Maybe if we're lucky they can reuse that multiplayer netcode from the original Unreal release ;p  

9. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:16 Cutter

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 14:27:
This strikes me more as croporate politics in that they're sending MS and Sony a message about getting new consoles out as opposed to actually caring about PC gaming.

Or more likely Epic can only say "PC exclusive" because the other platforms haven't been officially announced yet. You can bet your ass after MS and Sony reveal the next gen consoles the story will change.

Exactly. Unless they pull off something miraculous I'm not even going to look at whatever they're doing. And this is why you don't treat potential customers like crap over the years if you ever want their business and you're providing a luxury that they want and not a service that they need. I think Epic and too many like them are confused thinking themselves the latter.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:04 zirik

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 14:08:
nin wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 13:57:
Color me surprised...and skeptical.

That will be ported to the 360 and PS3 within 6 months no doubt. With tons of carefully constructed walls to hide behind and pop up and shoot from.

and the pc version will ask the player to press the start button on the controller.

7. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:27 Mad Max RW

6. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:19 space captain

facebook tournament  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:16 nin

pagb wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 14:11:
UT4 Anyone?

I'd be down for that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:11 pagb

UT4 Anyone?  

3. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:09 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 14:08 RollinThundr

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 13:57:

That will be ported to the 360 and PS3 within 6 months no doubt. With tons of carefully constructed walls to hide behind and pop up and shoot from.

Also the PC version will have DRM that requires you to get presidential permission every time you want to run the exe.

1. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 13:57 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo