Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Epic Making PC Exclusive Game

"We might be working on a PC-only title," said Epic's Mike Capps during a PAX East panel, reports Joystiq, saying Cliff Bleszinski followed this more concretely, saying: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game." After the panel Capps confirmed to them that this project is underway and that they currently plan on it being a PC exclusive, but no other details were offered.

View
98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

58. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 23:21 Jerykk

I can almost guarantee this will be a F2P multiplayer shooter. Probably just a slightly altered version of UT3 (or maybe UT2k4), ala Quake Live.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 22:50 Endo

This would be a lot more believable if this was 2006.

Frankly, I'm not holding my breath.

56. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 22:34 Xombie

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:15:
Money is on the console? Ever the excuse of those can't make games people want. I guess it's news to someone like Blizzard who's made how many billions on WoW alone so far?

Which Blizzard did by being able to throw more money than god at making it after being king of the era before consoles. There aren't any new companies that have made it big off of purely PC gaming in the last ten years without losing a whole lot of money (excluding Minecraft, of course). All the best-selling PC games are old franchises from a handful of old companies.

For most games and new franchises, consoles are where the consumers are.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

55. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 22:27 born2expire

Talk is cheap in the gaming industry, everyone is full of it but few actually back up their words. Now is your chance Epic, I for one hope if falls on deaf ears.

Quite honestly they make shitty games, unreal was OK and UT was a wannabe next to Quake 3, Deck 16 being the only good map.

54. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 22:23 Xombie

Drezden wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:46:
Good luck selling any copies to all those "pirating, self absorbed, entitled" PC gamers that you so lovingly insulted.

Well gee, from the posts in this thread I wonder why anyone would think a thing like that?

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

53. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:56 ASeven

MattyC wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 21:53:
ASeven wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:14:
Beamer wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 19:39:
That quote was from 2010.

That's the whole fucking point of the quote, to read how much of a hypocrites those cunts are and that people don't forget what Epic once said and will keep saying after the next consoles come out, no matter how short-lived they will be.

That only applies if you have a very short memory. Epic has done a lot of PC stuff, supported their products for a long time (even flops like the last Unreal Tourney), has included great editors and mod tools, and given out free mini expansion packs for their games. People want to throw a hissy fit about Gears, but sorry I remember a lot of other things they did.

Yes they've done a lot of great things, does that excuse them from all the BS they spouted since about PC gaming and its gamers? I don't even take into account their recent games, it's their attitude I strongly object.

52. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:53 MattyC

ASeven wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:14:

That's the whole fucking point of the quote, to read how much of a hypocrites those cunts are and that people don't forget what Epic once said and will keep saying after the next consoles come out, no matter how short-lived they will be.

That only applies if you have a very short memory. Epic has done a lot of PC stuff, supported their products for a long time (even flops like the last Unreal Tourney), has included great editors and mod tools, and given out free mini expansion packs for their games. People want to throw a hissy fit about Gears, but sorry I remember a lot of other things they did.

51. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:37 NKD

I'm skeptical to say the least. Seems an odd move to throw away all those console dollars.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

50. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:03 Mad Max RW

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 21:02:
Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:57:
Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:42:
Tom46 wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:33:
What is it that the British say? "You can piss in my soup but you can't make me drink it."

Nobody here has ever said that.

You mean the British like to drink piss soup?

We don't like it, but you can certainly make us drink it.

Haha, well played, sir.

49. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 21:02 Quboid

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 20:57:
What is it that the British say? "You can piss in my soup but you can't make me drink it."

We don't like it, but you can certainly make us drink it.

- Quboid

48. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:57 Mad Max RW

47. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:42 Quboid

- Quboid

46. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:34 bigspender

Gears of War : Facebook edition  

45. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:33 Tom46

What is it that the British say? "You can piss in my soup but you can't make me drink it." Epic can "piss off."

A great example of how to do things right is CD Projekt RED and the reputation, respect and affection that they've garnered from "The Witcher" series. I bought "The Witcher 2" on day one of its release EVEN THOUGH I don't have a PC capable of running it...I'm going to do a build in the next several months. I wanted to vote with my money and support a developer that I'm very fond of. It's interesting...CD Projekt RED is shortly to release "The Witcher 2" on XBOX and I get the feeling that they'll use their well deserved profits from that venture to make their PC games even better.

44. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:15 Cutter

Money is on the console? Ever the excuse of those can't make games people want. I guess it's news to someone like Blizzard who's made how many billions on WoW alone so far?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

43. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 20:14 ASeven

42. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 19:51 HorrorScope

Hmmm... Lets see. What do most people think can't make the most money and pretty much cannot be on the console platform?

A: MMO

That is why it's exclusive.

41. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 19:41 Rea1One

about time they went back to their roots!

*jumps up with excitement*

40. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 19:39 Beamer

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:49:
Oy vey-STFU about piracy already. You abandoned the PC because the console games sell more, even mediocre games can do big numbers. Anyway I take "PC exclusive " to mean "MMOG".

And it isn't an MMOG. Epic isn't a large enough company for that.

Otherwise it isn't worth pointing anything else out. You guys are going to badmouth this project nonstop regardless of anything.
Truth be told, I'm expecting this to be like Fortnite - a brief experiment of a game. It'll be UE4s debut. It'll be something brief and unlike what they usually do (or possibly brief and exactly like what they used to do.)
It's a way for them to keep busy, to work with UE4 and to try new gameplay ideas prior to the new consoles finally coming out.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

39. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 19:21 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 19:09:
Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:49:
Anyway I take "PC exclusive " to mean "MMOG".
Maybe by PC exclusive he means Facebook game

This would be the most likely decision. Since Facebook is going to save PC gaming, too bad it won't look like Gears. I like Brown and Grey a lot.

As long as it has Dudebros.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

98 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo