Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Dark Souls for August?

NeoGAF reports that the latest issue of German print gaming magazine PC Action confirms long-standing rumors of plans for a PC edition of Dark Souls, saying it is expected this August. This also states the PC edition of the action/RPG will have some new bosses, but will otherwise be identical to the console editions. PC Action's new issue tease has no indications the magazine offers any such announcement, but and image of the cover seems to confirm the news. Thanks VG247.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 11:05 Paranoid Jack

As much as I love Demons Souls and Dark Souls... though I have not finished either... I still need a demo or some hands on time with this port before dropping money on it. The games are both hard and fun as hell but also frustrating at times. If you go into them knowing the game is hard and you are going to die it helps.

Also if you're in a bad mood? Just don't play the game at that time. You'll be more likely to throw your controller or in this case smash your keyboard with your fist.

When I cause my own death I can handle it better than... well, lets say you're on a narrow ledge or on a cliff's edge fighting a creature while you're locked onto it you hit the creature he goes over the edge the lock on turns your character to face it as it falls and you slide off the edge yourself. Well, that can be extremely frustrating. Though that happened more in Demons Souls because of some areas with poor level design choices. Too many narrow walkways on the entry to that swamp level.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 09:29 Overon

Any word on how or if at all they will change the ui and the controls?  

14. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 05:25 Vulkan

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 18:18:
I dunno, the GWJ guys made this game sound like work (i.e. very hard and unforgiving). Is the effort worth the payoff?

Don't worry about it, most of the people that whine about how impossible the game is don't know how to keep their guards up.

And if you ever hit a brick wall with a boss fight, you can always summon someone from the online pool of players to help you out, there's always someone willing to lend a hand, myself included.

The game is most certainly worth the effort, it's one of the better games I've played in recent memory.

13. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 04:51 xXBatmanXx

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 02:16:
I dunno, the GWJ guys made this game sound like work (i.e. very hard and unforgiving). Is the effort worth the payoff?

Just as much as Ninja Gaiden (the original NES or first Xbox version) was worth the effort, I guess. ^_^

I personally am very much looking forward to putting myself through this torture test. It seems like the difficulty in games overall has gone down considerably over the past many years, a change from that will be nice.

http://i.imgur.com/BITmX.jpg

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 02:16 Mordecai Walfish

Just as much as Ninja Gaiden (the original NES or first Xbox version) was worth the effort, I guess. ^_^

I personally am very much looking forward to putting myself through this torture test. It seems like the difficulty in games overall has gone down considerably over the past many years, a change from that will be nice.

11. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 01:15 jacobvandy

Well Namco Bandai is the decision maker here, and it happened a while after the game came out on consoles... I'm guessing From Software is already working on their next game (whether it's another in this series or not) and somebody else will be doing the port of Dark Souls.  

10. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 00:19 cronik

Oh god yes!!  

9. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 20:52 Parallax Abstraction

Sacrifex wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 15:53:
Day one buy for me if the port is done well.

I have a friend who considered Dark Souls to be one of his favourite games ever and he's been playing games almost 30 years like I have. I've always respected what that game tries to do but I could never get into it. The menus on the console versions are tough to manage and if the port is good and they retool them well for mouse, I would take a shot at it again on PC. I haven't seen any announcement of who is doing the port but From Software only has 2 PC titles to their name, one of which was a half-assed port of Ninja Blade. I'd definitely have to see video of the port quality before I put money down but if it's good, I'll try it.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

8. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 20:24 wtf_man

I agree... as interesting as it looks... it all depends on the quality of the port... and if the controls aren't fucked up (like they are in a lot of ports).  

7. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 20:19 Jivaro

I suppose if you would prefer your games to be more like God of War where you can mash through the combat and you know for a fact that eventually you will win....then no...this game is definitely not ever going to be worth it to you. If there is such thing as a thinking man's action game, Dark Souls is it. (as is it's predecessor) As soon as you start trying to go all Kratos on this game...and nearly everybody does....you die, and the death penalty is stiff.

I don't mean that to be nearly as condescending as it probably reads. I like a good button mashing action game as much as the next gamer. This game just isn't one of those, and if requiring actual planning and thought before jumping into action doesn't sound fun...then this game will be a lesson in frustration for you. Particularly when you realize that a good many times you will simply have to get your ass kicked to learn how not to get your ass kicked.

6. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:44 ASeven

Anyone who can finish the C64 version of Spindizzy can finish any game ever made or that will be made.

Don't think there has ever been anyone to beat C64 Spindizzy. It is considered the impossible game to beat. So Dark Souls can't be really that hard.

5. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:41 Lorcin

Well that's pretty debatable. Is any game worth the EFFORT of playing? No matter what difficulty you set the game at it's not going to make your pc start scrolling the end credits then force your tower to come to life and give you a blowjob.

It's a game, it's quite hard and unforgiving compared to most modern games but it's not going to win awards for the plot, scriptwriting etc. The art design is unrelentingly bleak also - in fact the whole game makes you want to quit. But if you play it and beat it you are rewarded with........fuck all. Except a sense you overcame adversity of course.

That said if we made a habit of overcoming adversity in our real lives maybe we wouldn't feel the need to lose ourselves in virtual worlds where we become heros and champions.

Fuck i'm drunk.

4. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:40 HorrorScope

Man up.

3. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:18 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 18:10 Frijoles

I really hope the controls aren't ass. It's the one thing I fear. It's also the one thing I fuck up all the time on the console. I keep pushing the wrong use item key and end up removing my shield or some shit when I meant to heal.  

1. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 7, 2012, 15:53 Sacrifex

Awesome news - it's one of the few games I really, really wanted to play, but couldn't because it was console only.

Getting to play it at higher resolutions at a constant 60 fps will make it worth the wait.

Day one buy for me if the port is done well.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo