Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ravaged Kickstart

A new Kickstarter campaign is underway for Ravaged, 2DawnGames' recently announced vehicular first-person shooter (thanks Gamer's Hell). The game has been in development for some time, so they are seeking a $15,000 kickstart to finalize marketing and publishing materials for Steam, finish producing a game trailer, set up beta testing equipment, as well as to develop more vehicles/weapons and add other finishing touches. Supporters will get access to the game's beta on Steam. Here's word:

As video game developers we often get pulled into the land of publishers. While its good to have someone backing your game, it also tends to focus games towards trends, numbers and executive goals. This has sucked the life out of most games and killed off many good studios.

Well here is your chance to be part of a game where the fun is the focus. To do this, we are going to need your help to put the finishing touches on the game, join our beta and help us get the word out.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 8, 2012, 12:37 SXO

Lord Tea wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 20:56:
nice, but not my cup of tea. And I agree with Cutter, $25 minimum if you want the game is a bit too much considering all the cash goes to the developers.
As opposed to buying a retail product where all the cash goes to the publishers? What exactly is your argument?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 8, 2012, 06:21 everyone

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 21:53:
That's why Call of Duty and the recent Battlefield games have had single-player campaigns, even though they were extremely brief and forgettable.
Exactly. They were shitty, pointless wastes of dev time/money. Frontlines' campaign even more so. More another bullet-point for the box, than a worthwhile addition to the games. I don't base my purchase decisions on bullet-points, but each to their own.

17. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 8, 2012, 02:29 netnerd85

born2expire wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 01:30:
I already bought it from their site a while back. I for one am glad there is no single player, SP FPS are so fucking terrible now, it's been a long time since I played through one in its entirity, most likely the STALKER games and HL2 before that.
What MP games survive 3 months after launch? I hear they are still playing Counter Strike...

Bots, SP and MP with Modding tools is what keeps a game alive. All of it, not just some of it.

16. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 8, 2012, 01:30 born2expire

I already bought it from their site a while back. I for one am glad there is no single player, SP FPS are so fucking terrible now, it's been a long time since I played through one in its entirity, most likely the STALKER games and HL2 before that.  

15. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 21:53 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 13:21:
$25 is pretty pricey for this type of game. And this is just to raise money for marketing? No thanks.

It's not just for marketing. It's also for testing and polish, something that's pretty important for a multiplayer PC game. I'm sure a lot of the money will go into buying a diverse range of hardware to test the game on.

"This type of game" being a seemingly retail-quality Multiplayer FPS? How is half of what they usually go for "pricey"?

I think the lack of single-player is what he was referring to. We don't really know how deep or extensive the game will actually be, so it's difficult to compare to multiplayer-only shooters like Quake 3, Tribes, UT, Battlefield, etc. Also, full-priced multiplayer-only shooters have become a rarity these days, with publishers too scared of leaving out single-player consumers. That's why Call of Duty and the recent Battlefield games have had single-player campaigns, even though they were extremely brief and forgettable.

14. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 20:56 Lord Tea

nice, but not my cup of tea. And I agree with Cutter, $25 minimum if you want the game is a bit too much considering all the cash goes to the developers.  
UPSA = United Police States of America

13. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 19:02 siapnar

Looks awesome, and they only need 15k :O

There are a lot of nice small touches they seem to have put in that really pulls it together.

I'm in.

I have projectile dysfunction.

12. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 18:31 xXBatmanXx

Well....I have some reservations about THIS project - but hell, all of the time I got on their previous FREE games.....they get my $25.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 16:34 MatriX

Ravaged 2Dawn Team on:

http://gametheorycast.com/

10. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 14:47 netnerd85

Battlefield Rage, woot!  

9. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 14:18 Acleacius

Wow, looks pretty cool, wish the luck with this!

I'm not really deathmatch/team deathmatch player these days and I didn't see anything in the video about a single player or coop campaign.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 14:17 everyone

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 13:21:
$25 is pretty pricey for this type of game. And this is just to raise money for marketing? No thanks.
"This type of game" being a seemingly retail-quality Multiplayer FPS? How is half of what they usually go for "pricey"?

7. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 13:32 ASeven

Already pre-ordered this one on their site. Apparently the guys behind this are mostly the Bf2 and Desert combat guys and some who worked on Homefront and Frontlines. From what I've heard these guys are the best ones of all those teams so hopefully this game will actually be the real sequel to BF2 even despite the theme.  

6. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 13:21 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 13:04 MatriX

And check out the teaser video if not the KS campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fnEH8ykFZs&feature=channel

4. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 13:04 everyone

Yeah, I think they're just Kaos Studios with a new name. But I'm hoping with the absence of a publisher breathing down their necks, and not having to put half of the dev time into to a shitty SP campaign no one wants, they'll finally be able to make the game they've always wanted. It certainly looks to have the scale and focus on vehicles that Battlefield used to have, before it went all COD. And you can't go wrong with a bit of post-apoc. I'd give them some money if I had any.  

3. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 12:24 KTR

Checking their site out, and noticed...

"The team behind Ravaged worked on titles such as the Desert Combat, Battlefield 2, Frontlines."

2. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 12:17 nin

KTR wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 12:14:
Impressive graphics for only a $15k goal.

Wow, no kidding. This is how you do a KS. Proof of concept videos are a great selling point.

Shame there's no single player...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 12:14 KTR

Impressive graphics for only a $15k goal. Check out their FAQ.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2012, 12:21.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo