Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week

The BioWare Blog announces Resurgence Pack DLC for Mass Effect 3 coming to the action/RPG sequel next week for free, adding new maps and more. Here's a trailer and here's word:

Join the war for Earth in Mass Effect 3! Owners of Mass Effect 3 can download the first multiplayer expansion for no additional cost. The Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack adds new unlockable content: deadly weapons, new consumables, and powerful characters for each class in multiplayer, including the Asari Justicar, Batarian, Geth, and Krogan Battlemaster. Additionally, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack also includes 2 new maps, Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra. Download this pack on April 10th and take the battle online in the critically acclaimed Mass Effect 3 multiplayer experience.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 8, 2012, 02:29 Fantaz

CrushBug wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 22:03:
No doubt this would not be free DLC if EA wasn't in full on damage-control mode right now.

They were originally going to charge for it but decided to give it free after all the negative publicity recently.
Nope, they were always planned to be free. I know saying that won't convince of it, but I have been working on the operations side of these things and charging for them was never in the plans.

Resurgence is going to be a lot of fun and we will probably want to do more map packs in the future.

Well, you're right... I feel bad for making up what I said earlier now. i hope you're not the producer who got my friend fired from there. (he was in QA Design Team on ME2)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 22:03  CrushBug 

No doubt this would not be free DLC if EA wasn't in full on damage-control mode right now.

They were originally going to charge for it but decided to give it free after all the negative publicity recently.
Nope, they were always planned to be free. I know saying that won't convince of it, but I have been working on the operations side of these things and charging for them was never in the plans.

Resurgence is going to be a lot of fun and we will probably want to do more map packs in the future.

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

16. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 14:45 Creston

Justin wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 03:18:
I had a little go of the multiplayer just to try it out a couple of weeks ago and have been hooked since. Stopped playing the single player story and the star wars mmo in favour of this. Its surprisingly addictive. Looking forward to the krogan vanguard.
Seems to me the ones who moan have never even played the game.

Look me up on Origin and I'll roll with ya.

Origin ID : Creston918.

Creston

15. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 05:32 Fantaz

entr0py wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 05:21:
That's cool they'll get a free multi-player expansion out so quickly. I was getting disappointed with the uninteresting weekend events. This certainly makes up for it.

14. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 05:21 entr0py

That's cool they'll get a free multi-player expansion out so quickly. I was getting disappointed with the uninteresting weekend events. This certainly makes up for it.  

13. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 04:03 DarkCntry

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 23:33:

I would bet it would be free even if everyone had no qualms with the endings...EA has been quite happy getting 'one up' on Activision in their games when releasing 'map packs' by doing so for free or for a tiny charge and not $15...

12. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 03:18 Justin

I had a little go of the multiplayer just to try it out a couple of weeks ago and have been hooked since. Stopped playing the single player story and the star wars mmo in favour of this. Its surprisingly addictive. Looking forward to the krogan vanguard.
Seems to me the ones who moan have never even played the game.

11. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 03:09 Jerykk

Shame that the multiplayer only consists of horde mode. A team-based competitive multiplayer mode would have been far more interesting, especially with all the different races and abilities.

On a side note, it would be pretty awesome if the next ME game got rid of the voiced protagonist so that you could actually choose your own race. Feels like such a waste to limit the player to being a human when there are so many other, more interesting races in the lore.

10. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 02:23 Mordhaus

Welcome news.  

9. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 01:25 Creston

D4rkKnight wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 21:15:
Is this for real? I thought this was a Call of Duty announcement. How is a multi-player expansion the first thing released for a -until now- single player rpg?

Because they're doing the Extended Cut first, and that takes up a lot of time.

Adding some maps and characters isn't as time-consuming.

Personally, I think this is pretty awesome. Still having a blast with MP, especially now that I got the game to recognize that I have a bloody mic.

KROGAN BATTLEMASTER! FOR TUCHANKA!!!!

Creston

8. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 00:57 NKD

Is this for real? I thought this was a Call of Duty announcement. How is a multi-player expansion the first thing released for a -until now- single player rpg?

They've said that their other SP DLC got delayed in favor of working on the Extended Cut stuff.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 23:52 NegaDeath

As others said they probably have different teams for single and multi mode. I imagine the single player dev team is busy trying to patch some sense into the ending right now. After the mess that self-absorbed writer left it in I don't envy the task.  

6. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 23:33 Mordecai Walfish

And as far as it being the "first thing released" I do believe this game had that lovely EA Day 1 DLC, did it not?

5. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 23:20 Spills

Different teams work on different parts of the product. Why would you assume that releasing multiplayer content will slow down the release of SP specific content?

I'm not defending the ending (which I won't spoil here for the 5 people who haven't played the game), just curious as to why you might think an announcement of free content merits a complaint.

4. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 22:40 Cutter

CrushBug wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 22:31:
How is a multi-player expansion the first thing released for a -until now- single player rpg?
Because we don't need to do writing, VO recording, scripting, cinematic design and other SP-only work for multiplayer map packs. That is the stuff that takes up the majority of the development time.

Otherwise known as the stuff that people actually want in their CRPGs. You know...like good endings.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 22:31  CrushBug 

How is a multi-player expansion the first thing released for a -until now- single player rpg?
Because we don't need to do writing, VO recording, scripting, cinematic design and other SP-only work for multiplayer map packs. That is the stuff that takes up the majority of the development time.

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

2. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 21:31 Beelzebud

EA Games owns Bioware. They do what they're told.

1. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 6, 2012, 21:15 D4rkKnight

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo