Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway

BioWare announces this weekend's bonus operation is now underway in Mass Effect 3, their action/RPG sequel:

Last weekend the Mass Effect community rallied to promote a record breaking 350,000k+ operatives in the field. This weekend we’re bringing you Operation Beachhead, which will run from 6PM PST Thursday April 5, to 5AM PST Tuesday April 10 on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3.

Allied forces have matched krogan mercs and batarians with asari justicars for unconventional warfare. Their mission: to create resistance on Reaper-occupied planets to tie down local Reapers.

All N7 Forces will receive a +25% Experience Bonus for participating in Operations in any Theatre of War against any foe.

Please be sure to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Beachhead.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 19:21 eRe4s3r

At this point, I would only start up the games MP again if they release some better game-modes, HORDE gets incredibly bland very fast. Why is there no capture or rush mode? Or a golden-gun mode (for lack of better word). Score based death-match, or heck anything other than HORDE.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 19:17 eRe4s3r

You mean apart from the 50 people who had to actually make that ending happen, no matter who wrote it, in a proper corporate culture such a monumental fuckup would be stopped by any single one of at least 3 control instances. One of which would be the PR department, often blamed for many things, but in THIS case PR would have instantly seen that a wishy washy ending would cause more of a shit-storm than anything else.

And you'd think after being named the worst company on earth EA would actually employ some decent PR manager. Because EA isn't really the worst or most evil, they just suck incredibly at marketing their own actions or coming up with non whacked ideas. Heck, EA could open a free orphanage and it'd be compared to the lord of darkness! All because of their PR... or really, lack thereof.

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 18:59 NegaDeath

Looks like a multiplayer expansion pack is coming next week (April 10th). And it's free too. They must really be sore after the ending debacle.

Resurgence Pack

2 new stages, new weapons, new consumable items, new character classes:

Krogan Vanguard
Asari Justicar
Batarian Soldier
Batarian Sentinel
Geth Infiltrator (yay!)
Geth Engineer

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2012, 19:37.

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 16:28 Graham

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 15:58:
So this one is just an XP bonus for playing, no rewards? Why the hell do you need to upload gameplay feedback for that?

Because they're watching your every move to figure out what you're doing, what players like, what's giving them trouble and so on.

Bungie did it with Halo. Valve does it with TF2 and Portal 2. Everything you do in game is valuable to them.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 15:58 jacobvandy

So this one is just an XP bonus for playing, no rewards? Why the hell do you need to upload gameplay feedback for that?  

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 15:56 NKD

Bioware is just as much to blame for their failings as anyone else. Stop giving them a free pass. Need I remind you that the Mass Effect 3 ending that is so controversial was basically written by one BIOWARE writer who decided not to involve anyone else?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 15:49 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 14:13:
Beelzebud wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 12:50:
What surprises me is that people saw EA buy them out, and it didn't occur to everyone that Bioware was no longer in charge of their own studio.

Errr, pretty much everyone EXCEPT Bioware was aware of that, despite what Muzyka kept bleating as a good little EA mouthpiece.

Apparently Bioware thought that EA just gave them 640M dollars, and then was going to leave them completely alone. Of course, they also believe that most people actually really love their endings, so yeah, they have some issues with reality.

Creston

I realized it, the day they got involved with the whole Elevation Partners investment with Pandemic long before they ever were actually a owned EA property, imo the writing was on the wall even then.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 14:13 Creston

What surprises me is that people saw EA buy them out, and it didn't occur to everyone that Bioware was no longer in charge of their own studio.

Errr, pretty much everyone EXCEPT Bioware was aware of that, despite what Muzyka kept bleating as a good little EA mouthpiece.

Apparently Bioware thought that EA just gave them 640M dollars, and then was going to leave them completely alone. Of course, they also believe that most people actually really love their endings, so yeah, they have some issues with reality.

Creston

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 13:07 Cutter

It's BiowarEA and Actiblizz.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 13:04 briktal

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 11:42:
I mean, is it just me or did something happen with Bioware?

EA Games happened. What surprises me is that people saw EA buy them out, and it didn't occur to everyone that Bioware was no longer in charge of their own studio. Now we see the results. Despite what the good Doctor says, the buyout drastically changed Bioware. And not for the best....

Maybe Bioware just can't be trusted with their own IP.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 12:50 Beelzebud

EA Games happened. What surprises me is that people saw EA buy them out, and it didn't occur to everyone that Bioware was no longer in charge of their own studio. Now we see the results. Despite what the good Doctor says, the buyout drastically changed Bioware. And not for the best....

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 11:53 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 11:14:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 11:06:
I continue to be pleased with my decision to not buy this game.

No kidding. Yet another weekend, just like the previous ones. Whoo-hoo...

Think Bioware is dead to me...

The first weekend was actually really fun, because they altered the spawns so that MORE Brutes were spawning. On Silver (and God forbid, Gold), that made matches really hectic. It's hard to keep to your strategy when six brutes are coming at ya from all directions.

Since then, it's been Operation +xp, Operation Promote Characters and Operation +xp. Ie, Operation Boring As Fuck Cubed.

I don't mind something every weekend, but it'd be nice if there was actually some fucking PURPOSE to it.

Creston

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 11:48 El Pit

They're EAWare now. Just like that other company that was turned into Blizzavision.

Play Mass Effect 3 for what it is: a solid console shooter. Except for the ending, the game is as good as the first two. And they changed planet scanning!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 11:42 Linthat22

I bought this game just to wrap up the story and the more and more stuff I read about this game, the harder it is for me to get in and start playing it.

I'm not a person that enjoys playing games online, so having that feature is useless to me.

Also, hearing about the ending and different "theories" on what is what, makes me not want to complete it.

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 11:14 nin

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 11:06:

No kidding. Yet another weekend, just like the previous ones. Whoo-hoo...

Think Bioware is dead to me...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Underway Apr 6, 2012, 11:06 Pineapple Ferguson

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo