Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is an eventful day: In the non-secular world, it is Good Friday and Sundown marks the first day of Passover. In the (decidedly, apparently) secular, not to mention gaming, world, today kicks off PAX East in Boston, and is also opening day for all the Major League Baseball teams who didn't play yesterday who need to scramble to keep pace with the undefeated Mets. It's also arrival day for my new man stove, so the festivities just keep on rolling. Speaking of festivities, here's something I forgot: Happy belated birthday to my niece Chloe and to Batman!

Festive Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Tank 2012.
Urban Rivals Solo.
Stories: Tonia Sotiropoulou cast as Bond girl in ‘Skyfall’.
Science: MIT study predicting ‘global economic collapse’ by 2030 still on track. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: Pimp My Horse.
What happens when you dance like no one is watching.
Doggy Does The Helicopter. Bitches be crazy.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Grilling Steaks Apr 6, 2012, 23:27 jdreyer

Just for you Blue:

3.) Never ever ever ever ever ever ever poke or prod your steak. Use tongs. Period. You seared the steak to keep the juices in, right, you fucking clown prince? WHY WOULD YOU POKE IT WITH A FORK AND SEND ALL THE JUICES INTO THE COALS? If you want to know whether it is rare, med. rare, or well done, use the method involving the ball of your hand. BUT NEVER CUT INTO IT TO LOOK FOR COLOR. You do that, you might as well just fucking microwave your meat.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Global Economic Collapse Apr 6, 2012, 21:56 MisterBenn

Off topic a little: did you guys see that the Yogscast have launched a Kickstarter appeal? I just saw it on YT a second ago, I actually thought it was a late April Fool's joke but I think they might actually be serious. It's almost indistinguishable from Minecraft and they go as far as to say "Screw you Notch" in the clip!!!

CLIP

If this is in fact a joke, consider me successfully trolled...

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

10. Global Economic Collapse Apr 6, 2012, 21:26 jdreyer

I wish this were hyperbole, but I've been following this for a while. We're already in the middle of peak oil, and many other critical resources have peaked or are about to, like lead, mercury, and rock phosphate. The truth gets obscured by mega corps funding astroturf organizations, suppressing what little interest there is by a population hypnotized by American Idol.

Whether these effects hit right at 2030 or a few decades after that is up for debate, but without major changes to be more sustainable, an ever growing, ever richer population will result in this planet being stripped bare and the catastrophic consequences that result before 2100.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 15:31 nin

briktal wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 15:18:
Blue wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 14:10:
AnointedSword wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 12:52:
Ya, the true meaning of Easter has nothing to do with the secular world...Does Blue always post on here or does someone else? I really do not see Blue using this terminology? It is like smacking Christians in the face...

Sorry, simply an error, one that may seem surprising, but I've always had to consciously not get that backwards.

Not sure how it would be interpreted as an insult, however. Seems to me you are being a little sensitive.

Anyway, apologies for the stupid mistake.

You should've stuck by your initial artistic vision instead of giving in to the demands.

Agreed, take the bible thumping elsewhere.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 15:18 briktal

Blue wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 14:10:
Ya, the true meaning of Easter has nothing to do with the secular world...Does Blue always post on here or does someone else? I really do not see Blue using this terminology? It is like smacking Christians in the face...

Sorry, simply an error, one that may seem surprising, but I've always had to consciously not get that backwards.

Not sure how it would be interpreted as an insult, however. Seems to me you are being a little sensitive.

You should've stuck by your initial artistic vision instead of giving in to the demands.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 14:10  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 14:09 Jdrez

I don't see the problem.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 13:38 Shineyguy

Oh don't be a drama queen. Blue does this in his spare time for us loyal readers, cut him some slack.

Beyond that, I can't believe it's PAX East time already! I don't live far away being from Central CT, and I STILL haven't taken the time to go up and check it out for at least a day...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 13:31 Mr. Tact

Yeah this site is all about pounding religions. *sheesh* Lower the dosage...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 13:21 Cutter

Relax, it's a simple error, he makes them all the time. Besides, the man is all stoked and focused on his new grill.

Smacking Christmas in the face? Seriously? Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 12:52 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2012, 11:18 PHJF

I'm not sure you know what secular means.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo