Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced

GOG.com is now taking discounted preorders of Botanicula for a dollar off between now and the April 19th release of the next project from the folks who brought us Machinarium. They also announce a new "GOG.com Premium Edition" line:

Botanicula, available now on GOG.com for a special preorder price of $8.99, is a gorgeous adventure game from the makers of Machinarium. This charming point & click game stars five friends on a perilous journey to save the last seed of their home tree from an infestation of parasites. With lush visuals and a soundtrack composed by Czech alternative band DVA, this game is sure to wow all of the fans of Machinarium and adventure games in general. The preorder price only lasts until the game is released on 19 April, so anyone looking to pick the game on GOG.com at a discount--and get the wallpapers, artworks, demo soundtrack, and other goodies right away--should pick it up soon.

GOG.com is also announcing a “GOG.com Premium Edition” line of game releases, starting with two massive games from Ubisoft: Assassin’s Creed: Director’s Cut and the Heroes of Might & Magic V Bundle (which includes the both expansion packs “Hammer of Fate” and “Tribes of the East”). With about a gigabyte of goodies between the two titles, these games have a phenomenal line-up of extras, with a combined total of over 400 minutes of soundtracks, dozens of different artworks, official artbooks for both games, and more, these games are the best editions for sale on the ‘Net, and they’re available on GOG.com for a special introductory offer for these Premium Edition titles: buy one and get the other one free for a total price of $19.99 by 12 April or miss out on some of the best gaming values on GOG.com.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 7, 2012, 00:39 killer_roach

Dev wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 22:19:
Yes but did GoG games have UBISOFT titles from that era previously?

I didn't know these were some of the ubi DRM free ones on amazon, ubi anymore isn't something I look into when I see the name.

I agree though, $20 seems a bit high for both games at this point.

Fair enough - Ubisoft seems to be on the higher end of the price scale for their titles on GOG (HOMM1 is still $10 regularly, FFS, although it's on sale this weekend).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 22:19 Dev

killer_roach wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 10:58:
Except these aren't "recent" titles - GOG has had games from that era before on the site.

Also, Amazon sells these same games DRM free... granted, without the goodies, but still. Overall, this is a value proposition only for the die-hards of the respective games.
Yes but did GoG games have UBISOFT titles from that era previously?

I didn't know these were some of the ubi DRM free ones on amazon, ubi anymore isn't something I look into when I see the name.

I agree though, $20 seems a bit high for both games at this point.

6. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 10:58 killer_roach

Dev wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 06:59:
killer_roach wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 22:55:
$20 for games that are four and six years old respectively? The only way they make much of any value sense is if you buy them in that promotion.
They are DRM free though.

Now if ubi would just patch out the added layer of DRM in some of their steam games and I might buy them.

My guess is that ubi is testing the GoG DRM free waters with a couple more "recent" titles, seeing how much money they pull in.

Except these aren't "recent" titles - GOG has had games from that era before on the site.

Also, Amazon sells these same games DRM free... granted, without the goodies, but still. Overall, this is a value proposition only for the die-hards of the respective games.

5. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 06:59 Dev

$20 for games that are four and six years old respectively? The only way they make much of any value sense is if you buy them in that promotion.
They are DRM free though.

Now if ubi would just patch out the added layer of DRM in some of their steam games and I might buy them.

My guess is that ubi is testing the GoG DRM free waters with a couple more "recent" titles, seeing how much money they pull in.

4. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 05:42 Julio

I love the HOMM series, but HOMM5 blew chunks. Take a pass on HOMM5, HOMM3 is where its at.  

3. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 03:40 Ravenus

^That's what I thought too, when I saw the price point.
On the other hand what you're getting in the Heroes deal is HoMM5 + 2 expansions + a fair number of digital goodies, so I am kind of tempted, given that I don't own the game at all (I'm a HoMM3 fan).

2. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 6, 2012, 02:20 saluk

Yup. And since I have no interest in buying AC again, the fact that I have to bundle to get a deal turns me away. They should have made them 10$ each for the sale at least, then I may have picked up heroes.

They really should be 10$ to start with.

I wonder if ubisoft set the price a bit too high on purpose to be able to say "see, no one cares about buying our games without drm, we should keep putting it in".

1. Re: Botanicula Preorders Begin & GOG.com Premium Editions Announced Apr 5, 2012, 22:55 killer_roach

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo