Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock

505 Games announces the release of Top Gun Hard Lock, offering all the high flying, towel-snapping action of the cinematic journey to the danger zone. The game is available in stores for all platforms in the U.K. and the Windows PC edition is also available worldwide through GameStop PC Downloads. Here's word on the game:

Top Gun Hard Lock lets fans fly into the danger zone as an all-new crew of elite naval aviators taking air combat to new heights. Players engage in adrenaline-fuelled dog fights to tailgate MiGs at Mach 2 and master the game’s Hard Lock feature to perform high-G aerial combat manoeuvres in order to destroy enemy pilots.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 6, 2012, 02:43 Rigs

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo3QLP4XI4

Dear God in Heaven! You know, I'm all for the less traditional arcade-y type air combat games (like PS2's Ace Combat series). I mean, sometimes I don't want to take a freakin' half hour to run a pre-flight checklist just to get in the air for another half hour flight and then get riddled with AA before ever even seeing my target (DCS: A10C, I'm lookin' right at you! Yeah, you! Don't give me that 'I don't give a shit' look! You keep it up and you'll be grounded for a week, which means no LAN games with your little neighborhood squadron buddies! And clean your hangar! It's a disgrace! And it smells like napalm! What the hell do you guys actually do when I go to work all day?!...you know what, I don't really want an answer to that...)

...but I have to know why developers nowadays equate easier, less realistic, with FAST! I hated HAWX because you looked like your plane was having an epileptic seizure whenever you tried avoiding a missile! Everything went so damn fast, like Quake3 in the air! That doesn't make it more fun! And by the looks of that video, and the 'maneuvers' they did to shake a bogie or missile, looked just like the tripe I was trying hard to forget with HAWX... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 20:03 zirik

lets hope the second movie is better than this game. top gun 2 will be compared to the cinematography of a french movie that has the best air to air footage of fighter jets. top gun was mostly shot from the ground on top of a mountain with jets flying towards the camera. chevaliers du ciel used converted fuel pods to carry movie cameras for air to air shots. one of the aircrafts used for filming chevaliers du ciel came from southern california where tom cruise keeps his vintage p-51 mustang. and he knows the owner of the learjet used for the movie. it has a specially designed periscope for filming.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2012, 20:08.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 14:32 Aero

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 13:29:
I used to play Falcon 4, and LockOn, should I bother with this?

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo3QLP4XI4

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 13:29 Optional nickname

I used to play Falcon 4, and LockOn, should I bother with this?  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 10:55 El Pit

Top Gun: [insert a title sounding less gay HERE]

Top Gun: Pink Squad Ready!

Top Gun: Fun in the Cockpit

Top Gun: Attack from Behind

Top Gun: Hammer Time

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 10:53 nin

Cutter has the need...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 10:51 Dr. D. Schreber

At this point I just think of Top Gun as "American Ace Combat." It's about that level of absurd, just a different cultural flavor.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 09:50 Cutter

So, which Goose was better. Top Gun's Goose or Mad Max's Goose?

Edit: Oh yeah, and Archer effing rules.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 5, 2012, 09:45 Wildone

I heard they are already working on the sequels:

Top Gun 2: Full Thrusters
Top Gun 2: Ejaculation Seat
Top Gun 2: Cruise Control
Top Gun 2: Steel Manginas
Top Gun 2: Gun Harder
Top Gun 2: Maverick and the Deadly Swallows
Top Gun 2: Still Ridin That Tail!
Top Gun 2: The secret of the Goose
Top Gun 2 - Im Top, Your Bottom.
Top Gun II: The Reacharound
Top Gun II: West Side Story II: Full Blown AIDS
Top Gun II: Katie Holmes Is My Beard
Top Gun II : Lift in My Shoe!
Top Gun II: Is It Gay If I Pretend He's A Girl?
Top Gun II : Battlefield Ass!
Top Gun II: Greedo Shot off First
Top Gun II: I just pissed my pants
Top Gun 2: Scientology Air Battles
TOP GUN 2: IT'S RAINING WINGMEN
TOP GUN 2: DO ASK, DO TELL
TOP GUN 2: BUKKAKE VOLLEYBALL
TOP GUN 2 : TOTAL FUCKING DESTRUCTION

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer