Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Jane Jensen's Kickstarter

This Kickstarter Campaign is for "Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road 2012-2013 CSG" a proposed "Community Supported Gaming" initiative by Gabriel Knight designer Jane Jensen (thanks nin and AgentJ). Word is: "Sign up as a Pinkerton Road CSG member, and you'll get all of the awesome games we produce for one year*. The CSG model will help our studio survive financially so that we can make the kinds of games that YOU and WE want to play (not what some big publisher’s marketing department has decided will be the next big hit)." Here's what they plan:

If we meet our Kickstarter goal the season will include:

• Lola and Lucy’s Big Adventure (a kid’s e-book/game written by Jane that we’ve funded ourselves as a bootstrap studio project. It’s nearly finished and will be released Summer 2012.)
  • An all new original adventure game by Jane in the vein of Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter (no pun intended) on PC download, due approximately Mar 2013.

If we raise $600K or more the season will ALSO include:

• A second Jane Jensen adventure game on PC download, due approximately June 2013. We have a white board full of concepts that have been crawling around in Jane’s brain for years. Or it might be another of the 3 concepts below -- if it gets enough of your votes.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 6, 2012, 09:45 Mr. Tact

Can a donation of a couple of hundred get me a few hours with Raleigh?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 6, 2012, 02:54 ELITE

Yikes!
This video actually made me not fund after watching it.
I've never had that happen before...

8. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 6, 2012, 02:32 saluk

Yeah, no. Loved the GK series, but this is not the way to run a kickstarter. I would much rather have these games as separate initiatives, so I can pre-purchase the ones I am actually interested in. I want to pledge for something more concrete, not put money into some random studio.

Gabriel Knight 4? I'll put some money into that. Just put that up, figure out how much money you need to get the rights to make the game, and set a goal for it.

Or pick one of the other games and really push it. That could convince me as well.

I have to know what I'm actually backing.

7. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 19:43 AdamK47

Even though some of Gabriel Knight can be cheezy (especially the later games with FMV), they were excellent games. Gray Matter was pretty good too. It took a very long time to come out though. That may also be the case with this project.  

6. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 07:42 Cutter

Yeah, too vague, bad model. CSAs are fine for farms and food related stuff, not so much for games.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 06:39 NKD

Pass. A little too vague and wishy-washy.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 06:13 Julio

Passing on this. But Kickstarter is great, and I've funded projects that are more my type of gaming.  

3. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 5, 2012, 05:06 vacs

Damn, this is becoming really expensive for me now...  

2. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 22:48 Kosumo

Not if you make it about jumping over sharks.  

1. Re: Jane Jensen's Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 22:21 HorrorScope

I need to get me my Kickstarter. Fast. Probably too late.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo