Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website announces that the recently launched friends trial for the MMORPG is expanding:

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that we have extended the amount of friends a player can invite in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Friends Trial! Players who have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription will now be able to invite up to twenty five of their friends into a 7-day free trial to explore the Star Wars™ galaxy.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 5, 2012, 10:36 Ant

nin wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 10:02:
Ant wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 05:46:
One week free trial is not long enough. I will wait...

Ant, you take cheap to astounding levels.

Thanks.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 5, 2012, 10:02 nin

Ant wrote on Apr 5, 2012, 05:46:

Ant, you take cheap to astounding levels.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 5, 2012, 05:46 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 20:58 wtf_man

Julio wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 17:54:
Sorry Bioware you're done. Make your FPS version of DA3 already...

/ROFL

I don't think it will even qualify as a good FPS... just an "awesome-botton-mash-fest".

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 19:22 Bhruic

I actually surprised myself and picked this up. I was playing a trial, and found it a bit meh at first - the graphics are offputting, if nothing else - but it grew on me. I like they story system, and as much as I hate to admit it, the voice acting works. When playing most other MMOs, I tended to skip past the descriptions of the quests, and just go do them. With voice acting, I actually stop to listen to them being described.

I doubt it's a game I'll play for that long, typical end-game MMO stuff doesn't interest me at all. But although a lot of the stuff is similar, going through with a different character gives a different feel to quests. Plus I can always do a lightside character, and get a different feel for things.

The only thing that I'd enjoy more is what Darks mentioned, going through it with someone else. I can generally solo Heroic 2+ missions (except for a few with really annoying Champions), but the Heroic 4s are right out, and grouping is really hit-or-miss.

19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 18:43 AnointedSword

We warned them about this in beta, but what do we know? We are only gamers...

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 17:54 Julio

I'm taking a pass on this game, way too much to download for a short trial. Poor reviews, and a poor track record from Bioware in the past few years.

Already bought Wing Commander 4 and Legend of Grimrock from Gog, and Diablo 3 preorder in the past week.

Sorry Bioware you're done. Make your FPS version of DA3 already...

17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 17:21 Darks

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 16:56:
When the game came out I joined a heavy population PvP server. Now it's light at almost all times, and at level 47 I have only seen ONE enemy faction member. PvP server? Seriously?! They did so many things wrong with this game.

I recently reactivated my account because a friend of mine wanted to play as a team. The servers are so under populated now. I go into zones and there is no one on. Which is why he asked me to play so we could do heroics together as a team. That’s the real fun of it, is running around with someone else and playing. But the server is pretty light. This is why Bioware is offering friend accounts; they are desperately trying to get new subs.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 16:56 JohnBirshire

When the game came out I joined a heavy population PvP server. Now it's light at almost all times, and at level 47 I have only seen ONE enemy faction member. PvP server? Seriously?! They did so many things wrong with this game.  

15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 14:43 Gadzooks

SWToR is the Anarchy Online of this online gaming era.

Release WAY too early, with tons of bugs, features missing, and engine issues that simple patches cant fix.

LOTS of potential hindered by the above

And like Anarchy Online, there is a good chance it may be worth playing... but not until a good 15 months after it was released.

14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 14:26 Yifes

VoodooV wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 13:58:
So if you're patient and can see long term, the game is worth it and a blast, but if you're impatient or just looking for your next fix, then you're just not going to stick with it.

Rather, most people realize that when the game design is inherently shitty and boring, a patch isn't going to fix things. Like sprinkling diamonds on a turd...

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 14:15 DangerDog

Friends don't let friends play horrible MMO's.  

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 13:58 VoodooV

I tend to be of the opinion that SWTOR is a fun game, it was just rushed out WAY too early. Everything in 1.2 should have been in release but the suits forced it out the door and it shows.

So if you're patient and can see long term, the game is worth it and a blast, but if you're impatient or just looking for your next fix, then you're just not going to stick with it.

And sadly, most people fall into the latter category.

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 13:44 Creston

Oh Bioware. You should have known better than to shack up with EA.

now look what happened.

Creston

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 12:11 NKD

The chatter I'm hearing from most of my buddies is that they'll be returning for 1.2 when it goes live. I won't be, but more power to them. SWTOR will probably continue with moderate levels of success, but the people who thought it was going to be a WoW killer (lol, that term) are going to be sorely disappointed.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 11:50 Shineyguy

wtf_man wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 10:13:
will now be able to invite up to twenty five of their friends into a 7-day free trial

25?

/ROFL

DESPERATION!

Not necessarily, they may be seeing huge return rates with just 3 people being able to be invited.

I know that the two friends I had sent trials to have both bought the game and started playing it.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 11:34 Tumbler

Seems like this is designed to give guilds a way back into the game. I still think it's foolish not to just offer a free 7 day trial to any and all users every few months. All these updates don't mean shit if you don't let people in to see the changes.

I'm in no rush to go back. If anything I feel like they owe me a free month. I played a lot in the first month, then redeemed a 60 day time card and by the 2nd half of that card I wasn't even logging in.

Leaves a bitter taste when you just watch your time get spent and don't want to play the game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 11:18 Cutter

Dave_Genesi wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 10:30:
I agree with Shok. F2P in a year. If not sooner. I knew this was going to happen after playing the horrible beta. I used to be a Bioware Fanboy. I think EA killed it once again.

And Cutter smiled quietly to himself.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. removed Apr 4, 2012, 11:09 markymark5005

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 4, 2012, 12:56.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 10:54 El Pit

Yo, EAWare. What about inviting 5 friends into a 35-day free trial? I'd rather have that! So, who wants to invite me for those 35 days?  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo