Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Having finally concluded my lengthy analysis, I have ordered this new grill, which is on its way even as I write these words, remarkably with free delivery from Amazon, in spite of a shipping weight of 275 lbs. Some of you suggested with the amount of grilling I do I should be willing to invest in an expensive model, but I ended up shocking myself with how much I ended up paying, which was well over triple what I had planned (my approach to this shifted when I started contemplate kamado grills, which quickly add-up to even more when properly equipped with a work area). On the other hand, it seems to be built like a tank, and carries a limited lifetime warranty, which I fully plan on making good on, so hopefully its amortized cost will turn out to be justifiable (if the average backyard cook grill six times a year, then I estimate my Char-Griller saw about 20 years worth of work in its five year lifespan). If things work out they can bury me in it... or even better, cremate me with it... hey, what's cooking at the BlueTower? Blue!

Cooked Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Train Mania.
Links: Worst Album Covers of All Time. NSFW. Thanks nin via Rob/GM.
Toilet Water-Cooling. Thanks HARDOCP.
Stories: ‘Titanic’ night sky adjusted after Neil deGrasse Tyson criticized James Cameron. Thanks William.
Science: Extreme pressure could force hydrogen into a high-temperature superconductor.
Images: Unfortunately Progress on the Film Was Arrested in Development.
Media: Morgan Freeman, Dragonborn.
Fail Compilation March 2012.
Periodic Table SYMBOLS in Order Song.

View
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2012, 20:00 DrSquick

Good to see you got a good grill Blue! I also ordered my grill from Amazon, and the freight company that delivered it bent over backwards to accommodate my work schedule and some other scheduling issues.

I do have great respect for you charcoal grillers... I admit the taste is definitely different, but my grill being ready in three minutes makes me use it twice a week rather than once a month.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 4, 11:28 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  2. Apr 4, 11:43  Re: Out of the Blue Enahs
  21. Apr 4, 22:35   Re: Out of the Blue Dev
  3. Apr 4, 13:01 Re: Out of the Blue Will W
  4. Apr 4, 13:37 Re: Out of the Blue Verno
  5. Apr 4, 13:49  Re: Out of the Blue Bodolza
  16. Apr 4, 17:04  Re: Out of the Blue Sir Graves
  6. Apr 4, 14:06 Re: Out of the Blue zirik
  7. Apr 4, 14:10 titanic zirik
  10. Apr 4, 15:20  Re: titanic space captain