Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Indie Royale Preorders

The Indie Royale Website now offers preorders of their "April Fools Bundle," part of the joke apparently being April Fools' Day has already come and gone. They are offering bonuses for those who preorder, and the following hints about what it will include: "Headlining the bundle in an acclaimed tower-defense game with a free built-in expansion (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free). Featured alongside it is a retro turn-based dungeon crawler (for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free), a pair of titles from the same developer spanning platformer shooter and horizontal shmup (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), and an incendiary 2D action platformer (for Windows on Desura and DRM-free)."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 17:37 spindoctor

Mark wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 14:36:
I'm curious if these bundles affect the sales of individual indie games?

It makes a difference in my personal purchasing habits. Earlier I used to think that I'll get XYZ game in a Steam sale. Now some games are relegated to - I'll get XYZ game when it's in a bundle.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 14:36 Mark

I'm curious if these bundles affect the sales of individual indie games?

Since we're given a timeline of when the next bundle is released, I can imagine some people are holding off on purchasing an indie title with the hope it'll appear in one of these bundles.

Then again, maybe the money gained from having one of your games in these bundles far surpasses the amount of profit made when it's on sale by itself.

3. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 10:06 ASeven

Apparently these are the games to be sold:

Defense Grid: Awakening
Explodemon
Hack, Slash, Loot
Alien Zombie Megadeath
Astro Tripper

2. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 10:00 nin

As much as I love these, it feels like they're kind of overdoing it...and the last few bundles feel like they're running out of decent games.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 09:53 spindoctor

To this date I cannot understand the logic of having blind pre-orders for the Indie Royale bundles. What possible harm is there in telling people what they will be getting?  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo