Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

This is Valve's reported list of the ten bestselling titles on Steam for the past week.

1. Dungeon Siege Complete Pack
  2. Trine 2
  3. The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
  5. Age of Empires Online
  6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  7. Gotham City Imposters
  8. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  9. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  10. Counter-Strike Source

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 13:49:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 09:12:
I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs from the beginning, other than a few broken quests that I had to use console commands to get past. Even then, it's been minimal... like 3-4 quests out of hundreds. So, this is actually one of their more solid releases.
This is one of the reasons I like beth games and how they do mod kids, etc. Usually if you have a problem, someone has already figured out, and said the exact console command to get through the problem, or made a mod to fix the problem. Back in the morrowind days, I even fixed a few of the bugs myself that way. It tickled me when they came out with a patch that fixed the stuff I had already fixed with a mod

Did the same thing for Morrowind, I even started to add stuff in my patch at some point and removed all cliff-racers...... good times ;p

For Skyrim.. anything that'd really bug me enough to chance is too large to change by myself.. so I am just waiting for large-scale overhauls at this point. Too many mods mess up things when intermingled.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 14:52 SM0k3

Happy that Skyrim still in the top sellers, hopefully this will motivate the developers to continue to make awesome games.

BTW where's MW3? muuhahahahahha

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 13:49 Dev

wtf_man wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 09:12:
I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs from the beginning, other than a few broken quests that I had to use console commands to get past. Even then, it's been minimal... like 3-4 quests out of hundreds. So, this is actually one of their more solid releases.
This is one of the reasons I like beth games and how they do mod kits, etc. Usually if you have a problem, someone has already figured out, and said the exact console command to get through the problem, or made a mod to fix the problem. Back in the morrowind days, I even fixed a few of the bugs myself that way. It tickled me when they came out with a patch that fixed the stuff I had already fixed with a mod

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 2012, 14:53.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 09:12 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 07:51:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 07:40:
Still, I'm inclined to wait for the price drop
Same here because:

1) beth games are notoriously buggy. Waiting means the worst parts are fixed. Yes, they are very complicated games, and interact in infinite ways, but some beth bugs are super obvious. And yes, they are generally awesome games and worth playing despite bugs.

2) DLC is certainly going to come out. I'm not sure why they've waited this long, perhaps because sales are still so good, or perhaps because they are doing really good DLC, or maybe both or other reasons. But waiting means that will go on sale too.

3) waiting means getting really good mods, and often fixing stuff that beth doesn't.

4) finally, price, its cheaper to wait.

While I agree with those reasons for most games that are released (Not just Bethesda's)... Skyrim is definitely worth the full purchase price. I've got over 170 hours on one character and I'm still exploring. Granted, I've slowed down quite a bit because I'm waiting on my new video card and to install some larger texture mods... But still... that's a huge amount of gameplay for a single player game. I also intend to restart with another character and play different sides / make different choices... there are a ton of quests I didn't get to do the first time through, and can't with my original character due to my decisions.

Also... it's Patched to 1.5 now. I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs from the beginning, other than a few broken quests that I had to use console commands to get past. Even then, it's been minimal... like 3-4 quests out of hundreds. So, this is actually one of their more solid releases.

Anyway... my point is... even if you bought the game a few weeks before it went on sale... you wouldn't be kicking yourself in the ass for not waiting.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 07:51 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 07:40:
Still, I'm inclined to wait for the price drop
Same here because:

1) beth games are notoriously buggy. Waiting means the worst parts are fixed. Yes, they are very complicated games, and interact in infinite ways, but some beth bugs are super obvious. And yes, they are generally awesome games and worth playing despite bugs.

2) DLC is certainly going to come out. I'm not sure why they've waited this long, perhaps because sales are still so good, or perhaps because they are doing really good DLC, or maybe both or other reasons. But waiting means that will go on sale too.

3) waiting means getting really good mods, and often fixing stuff that beth doesn't.

4) finally, price, its cheaper to wait.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 07:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 03:32:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 21:50:
In other news, why is Skyrim not 9.99 yet? Come on, Steam!
Because steam has no control over pricing from other publishers. Beth sets pricing from skyrim. Beth would be stupid to lower the price as long as it is selling so well at full price. They tried a 30% off sale and are obviously satisfied to keep it at full price a while longer.

Well yes, to this and the other replies, if you want to bring accursed LOGIC into it. Still, I'm inclined to wait for the price drop, if only because I still have a ton of games on my plate from OTHER sales. Plus, Diablo 3 looming on the horizon...

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 05:49 SpectralMeat

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 23:17:
Fall of the samurai is excellent, btw

+1

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 2, 2012, 03:32 Dev

Because steam has no control over pricing from other publishers. Beth sets pricing from skyrim. Beth would be stupid to lower the price as long as it is selling so well at full price. They tried a 30% off sale and are obviously satisfied to keep it at full price a while longer.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 23:17 Mikus_Aurelius

Fall of the samurai is excellent, btw  

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 23:04 RollinThundr

Finally got sick of waiting for the completely DRM free Trine 2, bought it on the Steam 50% off sale...

holy SHIT this game is gorgeous. I wonder how many of the same artists are still at Frozenbyte from their Shadowgrounds days?

This game is simply beautiful, and surprisingly fun, only a few levels in and it seems well advanced in all aspects on Trine 1.

Because Skyrim is worth the 60 bucks? And good games should have their developer's rewarded? I'm all for looking for sales but some of you guys should just find a new hobby. Cheap pricks.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 22:35 Rhialto

Trine 2 is gorgeous, and absolutly gorgeous in 3D.
A must for every fans of 3D.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 22:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Because it hasn't even been out 6mo yet, and is still selling solidly at the list price?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 21:57 Jerykk

Wish DX3 was at the top of the list instead of Dungeon Siege (though the complete pack was basically three games for $10, so I'm not entirely surprised).  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 21:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Finally got sick of waiting for the completely DRM free Trine 2, bought it on the Steam 50% off sale...

holy SHIT this game is gorgeous. I wonder how many of the same artists are still at Frozenbyte from their Shadowgrounds days?

This game is simply beautiful, and surprisingly fun, only a few levels in and it seems well advanced in all aspects on Trine 1.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 21:43 CythrawL

Testament to Skyrim is that I am still playing it on and off even now, and I have had it since release... The Mods are so awesome now.. Started a new game with a bunch of eyecandy mods and Wars in Skyrim.. Fun stuff!!  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 18:32 Hark659

Even better, CoD is not on the list.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2012, 17:18 xXBatmanXx

Nice, even with all of those sales - Skyrim back on top.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo