Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 17:51 7.62WorldOrder

The only thing I can think of about this whole thing is, how on Earth will marathon EVE PC players be able to effectively coordinate with tons of console players consisting of a much different demographic of people with less time/attention to give to gaming?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 10:02 bhcompy

Dev wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 07:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 23:16:
ya notice why noone has a MMO on the 360 besides Phantasy Star?

Every time you went to update the game it'd have to go through Microsoft Certification.
Yeah and doesn't that cost money? I seem to recall some dev saying every patch costs like $80,000 fee paid to MS for the certification or more.

Regardless of the cost there's a reason that Valve switched sides from being pro-360 and anti-PS3 to the other way around. Certification is part of that, but so is control of your product. Considering Dust is going to be F2P, they probably didn't want to use a service that already involves a charge and I imagine they get a better deal as far as revenue sharing from items bought through their online store as well, assuming that both MS and Sony would take a cut of those dollars.

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 07:54 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 23:16:

Every time you went to update the game it'd have to go through Microsoft Certification.
Yeah and doesn't that cost money? I seem to recall some dev saying every patch costs like $80,000 fee paid to MS for the certification or more.

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 01:00 Trevellian

Asmo wrote on Apr 1, 2012, 17:45:
The author obviously never played Planetside...

Yep, otherwise the author would have experienced exactly what he was wanting almost a decade ago. Love it when the uninformed right articles.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 1, 2012, 23:16 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 1, 2012, 18:51 swedishfriend

They want to make console shooter money and they cannot do cross platform with the xbox360 because of MS rules. Makes sense to me.  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 1, 2012, 18:35 Dev

PS3 only with interactions with EVE which is PC? WTF?  

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 1, 2012, 17:45 Asmo

The author obviously never played Planetside...

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo