Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gods & Heroes Changes

A Gods & Heroes State of the Republic post on the Gods and Heroes Website describes Heatwave Interactive's struggle to keep this "underfunded" MMOG in operation, with the game's associate producer saying it "did not perform at launch and has never even come close to paying for the cost of bringing it to market, much less the cost of keeping a team developing it for nine-months," adding: "To be honest, Iíve driven the company to the brink several times in an effort to keep the team together and to keep Gods and Heroes operating" (thanks The RPG Reporter). As a result, the game's development team is moving to other projects, and the dropping of subscription fees continues. Here's a bit:

To be honest, Iíve driven the company to the brink several times in an effort to keep the team together and to keep Gods and Heroes operating. However, at the end of 2011, it was clear that we would either have to let the team go, or find another way to keep them around. So, in order to keep the game alive and have a real chance at getting the free 2 play effort funded, weíve reassigned the majority of the development team to new projects and made the service free for everyone.

The game will have to remain in this state until we find further funding. I hope my honesty and transparency about what has been going on with G&H communicates our commitment and belief in the project.

The State of the Republic may be weak, but its will is strong.

View
10. Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Mar 31, 2012, 19:53 Turglar

I don't feel bad for these guys one bit. This turd of a game should have died with Perpetual. I actually tried the beta at one point and it felt like I was playing a MMO from 1997. The fact that they thought even one person would pay for this POS just shows how out of touch most MMO developers are with their genre's fans.  
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 31, 13:38 Re: Gods & Heroes Changes wtf_man
  2. Mar 31, 14:15 Re: Gods & Heroes Changes LittleMe
  3. Mar 31, 14:35 Re: Gods & Heroes Changes wtf_man
  4. Mar 31, 15:08  Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Slashman
  9. Mar 31, 16:47   Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Dev
  7. Mar 31, 15:36  Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Burrito of Peace
  8. Mar 31, 15:58   Re: Gods & Heroes Changes wtf_man
  12. Apr 1, 00:11  Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Prez
  13. Apr 1, 10:39   Re: Gods & Heroes Changes wtf_man
  14. Apr 1, 10:59    Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Slashman