Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans

There's a State of the Game Address on the Grim Dawn Forums with a status report on Crate Entertainment's upcoming action/RPG (thanks The RPG Reporter). This includes a point-by-point assessment of various game systems, as well as an outlook on the game's release schedule. At this point they say they are "not far off" from a "minimalist" alpha release which will offer three to four hours of gameplay in a small chunk of the world, replayable up to level 30, adding this "will take 6-8 months to complete with our current resources." The hope is to follow the alpha with content-complete beta (think Minecraft or Path of Exile) four to six months after that, but at this point they don't have enough information on how all that will progress to offer an estimate of when the game will see its final release.

View
4. Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Mar 31, 2012, 22:46 Prez

Jesus tap-dancing Christ... 6 to 8 months for a "minimalist alpha release? I also have a different interpretation of what "not far off" means - it sure isn't 6 to 8 months, especially when after all this time they're not even close to pre-alpha stage. As exciting as the prospect of a spiritual successor to Titan Quest is, there's really no point in me following this anymore; at this rate we'll be waiting another 4 years at the bare minimum. I'll start caring again when we at least know the friggin' year the game's coming out.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 31, 14:09 Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans PHJF
  2. Mar 31, 14:12  Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans MoreLuckThanSkill
  3. Mar 31, 14:17   Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans ASeven
>> 4. Mar 31, 22:46    Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Prez
  8. Apr 1, 04:53     Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Mac
  9. Apr 1, 07:12      Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Prez
  14. Apr 1, 16:43       Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans space captain
  5. Apr 1, 00:57 Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Esoteric
  6. Apr 1, 02:08  Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Prez
  7. Apr 1, 03:44   Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Jerykk
  10. Apr 1, 07:43 Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Hump
  11. Apr 1, 09:13 Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans El Pit
  12. Apr 1, 10:49  Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Mad Max RW
  13. Apr 1, 10:56 Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Cutter

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo