Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 31, 2012, 00:25 Simon Says

Makes me remember a work for school I've done with a friend in a philosophy class around 1999. Our 2 main arguments about why piracy wasn't "bad" were:

-Lost sales aren't lost sales, cause they never had the intention of buying it in the first place, allowing them to spend their money on USEFULL stuff, like food and clothing, also raising happiness, reducing their needs for drugs/medications. Better mood = better health, less stress on health systems.
-The ones pirating are actually doing free marketing when they TALK about it to other people "have you seen that movie? heard this new band/album? played this game? IT ROCKS". Word of mouth you know, increasing legit sales.

Main argument number 2 is at work in full force here. Remove the word of mouth and what do you get? Plummeting sales.

Though as I read elsewhere, it isn't about increasing sales, it's about CONTROL. Fear DEMANDS it. Listen again to Star Wars and you'll see EXACTLY how it WORKS and inevitably FAILS.

P.S.: I never bought a single Star Wars dvd/cassette, word of mouth at work here, thank me later Lucas ;).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2012, 22:24 Prez

French ‘Three Strikes’ Law Slashes Piracy, But Fails to Boost Sales

Ah, those crazy Frenchmen with their deliberately disingenuous report. Even the headline doesn't tell the full story. In truth, sales not only failed to rise in response to the lower piracy rates, they actually went down considerably. Only someone without a clue would be surprised in the least by this revelation.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo