Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I just got a press release that was obviously a joke, or sort of obvious, I have to admit at first I thought it was from a developer that had lost touch with reality. Then it dawned on me with April Fools' Day on Sunday, we may be due for much of the "hilarity" associated with the occasion today. I guess that makes sense, so in grand tradition, we'll try to separate the crazy true stories from the crazy false ones today and round up the jokes separately for your enjoyment.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Replaceable Blocks.
Zomboz.
Stories: Mega Millions Strategies Have Little Chance of Leading to Jackpot. Thanks Digg.
Media: Aperture Science Handheld Portable Device Demo Review. Thanks TDW Geeks.
The Funnies: Fallout Weight Issues.
Virtual Shackles: Choose Wisely.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2012, 12:00 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 21:01:
Who is steamgifts?

Yea makes me a little leery on that...

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 22:19 jdreyer

Nice one, Jim. Thanks.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 21:01 nin

Who is steamgifts?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 19:54 jimnms

Just saw this, the devs of Faerie Solitaire are giving away 25,000 free copies to promote the upcoming Faerie Solitaire 2. It's only open for the next ~2 hours, and only 13,600 people have signed up.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/0XItL/faerie-solitaire

MeanJim on Steam

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 18:22 xXBatmanXx

zirik wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 15:35:
good luck to anyone playing the biggest lottery jackpot in history.

Thanks bud - you 2.

When I win tonight. I promise sweet gaming rigs, steam games galore, and awesome annual LAN parties to all BN regulars.

/all expenses paid of course!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 16:19 jimnms

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 15:22:
There's now a chance that Obsidian may join in the creation of Wasteland 2.

Clicky Clicky

Not sure how happy I am about it. Obsidian writes good RPGs, but makes horribly buggy games.

Creston

Since most of Obsidian worked on Fallout 2 and the canceled Fallout 3, I wish they would get the rights to the code of the canceled Fallout 3 (not the one Beth released as Fallout 3) and finish it off. I remember reading that it was about 85% complete when it was canceled.

MeanJim on Steam

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 15:35 zirik

good luck to anyone playing the biggest lottery jackpot in history.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 15:22 Creston

There's now a chance that Obsidian may join in the creation of Wasteland 2.

Clicky Clicky

Not sure how happy I am about it. Obsidian writes good RPGs, but makes horribly buggy games.

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 15:01 lochwinnoch78

Did the press release announce the launch date of Half Life 3? Is that what gave it away?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 14:45 eRe4s3r

I would bet that you find many more who have grown to dislike April First I find habits that exist just for the sake of it pretty silly. And while I can certainly laugh about the 5 good jokes that this brings you as well as I know very well that for every good joke there are 200 extremely incredibly stupid attempts at humor to suffer through.

If people want to make someone laugh, then why the sodding hells are they not doing this all year?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 13:22 Cutter

So Canada has finally taken the plunge and phasing out the penny by year's end. I guess they're going to have adust tax rates accordingly seeing as we need rounded numbers now.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 12:48 Verno

One thing I am noticing is that the game is hard

It tapers off when you start getting up in your combat skills in the 20s and then you basically turn into the typical Elder Scrolls demi-god There are some nice difficulty mods though, particularly with regards to Dragons (Deadly Dragons).

Only at bluesnews are we sure to be rid of stupid hoaxes and lame attempts at humor though, unbelievable how many sites always try to ride this stupid bandwagon. This silly day wasn't funny 50 years ago, and it isn't funny now. I read news for news, I watch youtube to laugh.. i do not read news to laugh!

I hope this is sarcasm going over my head, otherwise you're an odd little duckling.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2012, 12:59.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 12:37 nin

briktal wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 10:50:
Everybody's favorite, a weekend April Fool's.

Hopefully it might limit things a bit...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 11:04 eRe4s3r

It's that time of the year.....

Only at bluesnews are we sure to be rid of stupid hoaxes and lame attempts at humor though, unbelievable how many sites always try to ride this stupid bandwagon. This silly day wasn't funny 50 years ago, and it isn't funny now. I read news for news, I watch youtube to laugh.. i do not read news to laugh!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 11:00 xXBatmanXx

So still having a blast with Skyrim - no game crashing bugs YET. Only some issues on side missions, but there are work arounds thank goodness. One thing I am noticing is that the game is hard. Harder than I thought it owuld be. So doing some reading - it is obvious that I have ventured off and gone places I am not supposed to yet, so I have a TON of missions that I am not powerful enough to take on yet.

26 hours in, level 16, having a friggen blast.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2012, 10:50 briktal

Everybody's favorite, a weekend April Fool's.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo