Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle

The Solar Struggle Website has word that the Windows PC edition of this indie space action game is now available on LittleIndie. The game, which has seen great success on Xbox LIVE Arcade, is on sale at first at a 25% discount. They stress the effort they put into creating a proper PC version with the following new features:

• Fully customizable keyboard controls
  • Mouse-optimized game menus
  • New graphics style
  • Higher resolution textures
  • Free choice of display resolution
  • Integration of the LittleIndie online platform

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 31, 2012, 03:00 Rigs

Dev wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:06:
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 15:51:
So when are the armchair vets here at Bluesnews going to finally create your own gaming development studio?
If you put up the funding, I'm sure there's people who frequent blues that would jump at the chance to earn some money.

*whistles for no particular reason while setting up huge-ass painting of...*

-------------------------------------------------------------->

That is all.

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 22:06 Dev

So when are the armchair vets here at Bluesnews going to finally create your own gaming development studio?
If you put up the funding, I'm sure there's people who frequent blues that would jump at the chance to earn some money.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 22:02 Alamar

venomhed wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 12:06:
Fuck all that. I want games for grown ups and games that target specific groups of people. Chances are that a game that appeals to 10 year olds isn't going to appeal to me, I am fine with that. But when you try to satisfy all you wind up with a big pile of human dog shit.... wait that didn't make sense.

Looking for testers with iOS devices ; )

-Alamar

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 21:32 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:28:

Fully customizable keyboard controls
Mouse-optimized game menus
Free choice of display resolution

It is amazes me that these things are "features" in PC games these days. I am not knocking the game devs but just wow.
They put that stuff in bullet-points for guys like us who care about such things. Saves us from wondering if it's gimped like most everything else that comes out. I appreciate them doing it myself.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 20:04 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:28:

It is amazes me that these things are "features" in PC games these days. I am not knocking the game devs but just wow.

Agreed. It 'should' be a given......

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 17:31 Beamer

More evidence of how damaging consoles are to gaming and pc gaming in particular.

It's like people that bring kids to a party or out camping. All the adults have to dumb themselves down while in front of the selfish parents. "Oh little janey and timmy are here.... great...., hide the bong, don't swear, chill on the drinking....."

Fuck all that. I want games for grown ups and games that target specific groups of people. Chances are that a game that appeals to 10 year olds isn't going to appeal to me, I am fine with that. But when you try to satisfy all you wind up with a big pile of human dog shit.... wait that didn't make sense.

Irony.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 17:15 Aero

It was looking kind of interesting, but it looks like you're limited to a 2D plain which made me lose interest. It may well be a very good 2.5D shmup though, that's just not my thing.  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 15:51 Optional nickname

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 15:46 Dev

They should have went with desura, I think its very easy to get placed there and its somewhat familiar as an indie alternative to steam.

Anyway, anyone tried this game?

Edit:
Here's a youtube trailer with gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rawVIbWj0I

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 12:06 venomhed

More evidence of how damaging consoles are to gaming and pc gaming in particular.

It's like people that bring kids to a party or out camping. All the adults have to dumb themselves down while in front of the selfish parents. "Oh little janey and timmy are here.... great...., hide the bong, don't swear, chill on the drinking....."

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 fawker

It is sad they have to differenate themself from all the other turds that have tainted the well.

All Zombies Must Die was the first to point out these things and still FAIL on multiple levels. Most notably, no online co-op. For some reason they thought people wanted to play local co-op on their computer.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Solar Struggle Mar 29, 2012, 10:28 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo